Thread: Using mmtoms on a rsps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Default Using mmtoms on a rsps

Hello all,

I'm wanting to test out mmtoms on a rsps. I do not use any includes and want to know if anyone has done this before. I want to take a monster icon from the mm and use it to attack the monster on the ms. The monster is not moving but it's some what small. I normally just use tpas and atpas to find the monsters but this time monster colors are the problem. I'm a intermediate scripter and this is quite challenging for me. I have written some difficult scripts before but this would be great to learn.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Solved my problem with the help of search and slacky

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imalama101 View Post
    Solved my problem with the help of search and slacky
    How'd you solve it? Existing MMtoMS implementations probably work but would need adapted slightly to work on an RSPS client.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    How'd you solve it? Existing MMtoMS implementations probably work but would need adapted slightly to work on an RSPS client.
    Honestly I looked over alot of the mm to ms stuff and I determined that wasn't the beat route for me. The best bang for the buck time investment was elsewhere.

I used citrus's discovery on i think it was called homographical transformation, and solved the system of equations for the constants. Worked really well. I also implemented my own correction calculation for idk what to call it but perspective (for x and y (and it obviously isnt linear), because the farther away you get from your player the point changes the mm to ms by some non trivial amount. Also the perspective is different from perspective above and below, piecewise defined function.

For the perspective correction calculation I took measurements in game using a tiled room, where I could easily get scalable coordinates of each tile corner. I did this for every viewable tile corresponding to the mm. I then plotted the error with a polynomial trend line. I then obviously implemented that equation into the script. The result was amazing correlation between mm and ms.

Thread Information