Thread: OSRS - Banned

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Default OSRS - Banned

Hmmm...

Account temporarily banned for macroing in OldSchool. Our macro detection system has been monitoring your account closely and has detected that you are using illegal 3rd party software which violates the rules of the game and breaches your terms of service with Jagex. Our team have reviewed the evidence and can confirm that you were using illegal botting software. Jagex are able to accurately detect all illegal 3rd party software and any promises from their makers about being 'totally undetectable' or 'no ban guaranteed' are inaccurate. As such your account has been temporarily removed from the game. Please take this time to familiarise yourself with the rules.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Did you already put an appeal? I play on vpn 100% of the time and found that the option that someone else had my account works sometimes for me. How advanced is this account? Alot of time in it? Main?
    Jesus loves you

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Unfortunate. I've moved away from botting the official severs entirely because of bans.

All that hard work down the drain.

What I do now, instead, is bot on a private server with an include I've written...

Been meaning to make a post about it.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

You could include what you were botting, what type of script you were using, for how long it ran, etc. Would do a lot to help others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

There's not a lot of modern ban reports on villavu by experienced members. You gotta fill us in. By any chance, was the ban manual? I'd feel like that's more likely for someone of your skills. I think that means a jmod manually applied it, and you weren't caught by the system.

I actually had an account get banned that I played 100% legit. I went thru tut island LEGIT on mobile, went to barbarian fishing spot, and started playing around with slacky's fisher inside of simba. Never even got around to compiling what I wrote, I was just standing there using the ACA and DTM editor and stuff. Signed out, and like I said I never actually executed a script on this account, and was banned next day for macroing. Manual ban. I actually tried to post about it twice on reddit because it was a nothing level 3 account, but I really wanted an explanation just out of personal curiosity. Didn't get nothing but one upvote, no comments. I've since deleted that reddit account because I reused the account name and didn't want a post out there about macroing with that username in it or I would link to those posts here on SRL today
    Jesus loves you

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    What were you botting? I've found they are more lax than ever these days. Been getting away with some pretty silly things.
    power chopping the white tree in derkmeyer

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Ive just been kicking goals with a mouse recorder that I build in Simba xD

12 hours a day (2x 6 hour log sessions) power mining iron ore. Almost 300k iron ore mined.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post

12 hours a day (2x 6 hour log sessions) power mining iron ore. Almost 300k iron ore mined.
    what am i doing wrong...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

That activity doesn't seem like something a normal player would do. Probably a player report got you flagged then automated system issued the ban.

I've been permabanned twice, and I've learned a lot from my mistakes.

Short tip list if you value keeping your account/s:

1: Play 'legit' more than you bot, at least by a margin of 50%. Don't bot more than half the time that you play legit. By legit I mean being logged in, not botting, and not purely afk. On the same line of reason, keep your logged in time to under 6-8 hours, even lower if you bot more than you play.

2: Write your own 'inefficient' personalized scripts. Avoid public ones at all costs. It's a strong likelihood that Jagex does heuristic analysis of flagged accounts and using a script that's already been analyzed will set you up for an easy ban. Do smart testing when writing. Avoid loops until your program logic is hammered out.

3: Don't bot for more than 30m to 1h in a single session, the lower the better. High efficiency 5-30 minute bursts are much more humanlike than 2 hours of low efficiency grinding, not to mention limiting Jagex's ability to do a behavior analysis on your account.

4: Switch up what you're doing, very often. No more than 30-60m a single session, with manual log out breaks in between. Always be baby sitting your account. Talk to friends. Stop the bot to afk and chat in public.

5: Avoid high bot-traffic activities and locations. Either blend in among 100+ players, or totally isolate yourself where no one is likely fuck with you (eg bank from a quest-locked location like Grand Tree or ToB) I *strongly* recommend the first option- One way I do this is only bot bankstanding activities, at w330 GE, standing on a tile of 50+ players. Another way is to Alch in your POH ... etc.

6: (This may or may not work, but I've done it off and on just to confound the system.)- Purposely play like a bot (as a human.) Try to perfect your clicks, mouse movement patterns, wait times, etc to emulate exactly how you'd code your bot to run. I've also used AHK a lot, not to bot with, but to play legit with. To remap hotkeys and help with being efficient. I come from a MOBA gaming background too, and am getting old in the hands, so it helped maximize efficiency without killing my joints. I had it mapped like this for a good while (Q- right click, W- mouse keys to select 1st option, E- mouse keys to select 2nd option, R- rapid fire left click) I'm sure the system did not let me clicking 1000 times per minute slide. I'm positive it picked it up but upon analysis couldn't make an absolute determination. It passed it on to be reviewed manually, the reviewer realized it was fishy AFK shit but no actual bot patterns and I believe I've been whitelisted. Not sure, just saying. This could hurt your account by raising attention to it, especially if it's already been flagged. Don't do this. But for new accounts that were played absolutely legit with fishy AFK behavior for the first couple hundred hours, it might help raise doubt in future flags.

Just general guidelines I follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post

That's awesome dude. Just some simple variable randomization going on there?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footballjds View Post
    what am i doing wrong...
    Ive asked myself that question many times. Get banned for shit you wouldn't think you'd get banned for.
    How are you handling your mouse point randomisation for where to click? Have you attempted to debug your method to see if its creating a box? Found that to be a bit of a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrosive View Post
    That's awesome dude. Just some simple variable randomization going on there?
    Literally just my actual game play haha. 20-100 recordings depending on the task and my patience.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

3-day ban: You got reported pretty much. That's from my experience and I've been banned a lot.

If the actual bot detection caught you, it would be a perm ban.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Thread Information