Thread: Building a bot inquiry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Building a bot inquiry

Hi, i'm new to botting, I tried Dreambot, but every single one of my accounts got banned on like 5-7 different scripts (Including several popular AIO scripts, over a span of around 20 different accounts)....So now i'm going to try color bots on SIMBA. But i'm not familiar with SIMBA. I have a couple Python developers i'm communicating with to build a couple RS3/OSRS bots, but i'm confused as to whether or not you can use SIMBA to build python bots or not.

Does anyone know the banrate differential between injection/reflection/color botting?

How can I, or the colleagues I am communicating with build a new color bot script with python for RS3?

Or; if you think I should have them use a different programming language; which one should be used for the best results and/or lowest banrate? Basically what i'm asking there is, which programming language are the most efficient and have lowest banrate?

Is SRL/SIMBA a repository where python botting scripts can be built? I'm not familiar with neither SRL or SIMBA. I'm completely new to both.

Are there any good tutorials for building rs3 bot scripts (Color-bots included).

And finally, can color bots complete advanced tasks like bossing?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Ban rates Injection/Reflection/Color:
    The differential between reflection/injection/color is undetermined. The reason for this, is that it's not the method of gathering game data that gets you, they don't detect if you are using injection, reflection or color for gathering game data. They have no methods for this. They can however detect, in ways I have not looked into, if you are using a client that is not on the list of accepted clients. I will not go into speculation about what that means for you.

Now with this in mind, in most cases, whenever a script is executed on the vanilla client, I prefer to point at the script as the reason for the ban-rate, not if you are using reflection, injection or color. Method of gathering data means nothing to ban-rate. But, color will present you with some inherited inaccuracies, which will in fact act slightly as inherited randomness, so it may be simpler to achieve lower ban-rate with color. But in the end, it's about the script, how you choose to write it, timings of the script, how simple it is to recognize clear highly repetitive patterns. If the bot looks like a bot, acts like a bot, it probably is a bot.

How can I, or the colleagues I am communicating with build a new color bot script with python for RS3?
    1. You'd have to start of with building I/O library to back you up, with screen captures, mouse movements, keyboard presses, and such. There exists some OK modules already that can aid you with this, not going into details about that.
    2. You need a library of methods for handling `points`, spatial clustering and such. Numpy/Scipy pack, OpenCV will be quite useful modules to aid you.
    3. Getting coordinate data of player location will require fast template matching, which OpenCV will provide for you.
    4. Find a library to handle optical character recognition for text. Tesseract works okay on RS3.

We offer all this and more in Simba, already ready for you to use, specialized for handling things like RS, and SRL offers a toolkit/API for interacting with OSRS.

5. Now you probably also want to build something like SRL, but for RS3, since that seems to be the game you want to focus on. An API that can handle inventory, items, menus, positioning, and whatnots.

Now you have the basics you need for attacking the problem of creating the script itself. Which is all up to you how you wish to do it.

if you think I should have them use a different programming language; which one should be used for the best results and/or lowest banrate? Basically what i'm asking there is, which programming language are the most efficient and have lowest banrate?
    Programming language means absolutely nothing for ban-rates. There simply is no relation. Use whatever language you are comfortable in (that also has the capability of accessing I/O (keyboard, mouse, screen)).

Is SRL/SIMBA a repository where python botting scripts can be built? I'm not familiar with neither SRL or SIMBA. I'm completely new to both.
    Simba does not function as a module for Python. We write our scripts in the built in language, Lape, which is a somewhat modernized dialect of Pascal. Simba itself is written in an Object Pascal dialect.
    This makes it easier to transition from developing scripts to actually working on Simba, since the languages are strongly related.

Are there any good tutorials for building rs3 bot scripts (Color-bots included).
    This is just too vague. Since we are talking about language and libraries on a general basis, there will exist no such thing. Heck, I don't even think we have anything specific to RS3 for Simba that is still relevant, as the sub-communities of Simba seem to focus on OSRS.

And finally, can color bots complete advanced tasks like bossing?
    In theory, yes, with the right tools. But it's a bitch to actually make, so I have not seen anyone attempt bossing.

If you have not already, you should probably have a look at the images displayed at the GitHub of SRL, which showcases some of it's capabilites for OSRS:
    https://github.com/Villavu/SRL-Development
    Last edited by slacky; 01-25-2023 at 09:55 AM.
    !No priv. messages please

Thread Information