Thread: IRL Retirement and learn where Villavu comes from!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Default IRL Retirement and learn where Villavu comes from!

Hey there!

I hope your life is developing as it should. I'm popping in here for two reasons:

1. My life. It is developing as it should. Today I officially retired from my job, at age 59. I sold my company (Sound Design for Commercials, Movies and Television) and my wive and I are about to undertake the adventure of a lifetime. We are going to step in our RV and search for a piece of land in a warm Southern European country. Hopefully Greece, but Italy and Croatia are also candidates.

So that is worthy of a post in the Celebrations forum, i'd say! Am I the first one to retire here?

2. As we embark on this journey, we decided to document our travels on a Youtube channel: Livinginabirdhouse.
    Now this is not really very interesting, BUT, our first film will for sure give you a big smile! It tells the story where the name Villavu originates from. So it is worth watching... if you have 12 minutes to spare. It is English spoken too (by me and my wife)

You can also see who WT_Fakawi is, as I spoke my final words as Sound Designer to my network. In Dutch. Because that is my native language.

Thats all for now. Hope you can spare the time to watch and maybe even subscribe as this will also help develop our channel. We could really use this as we just started this crazy journey two day ago

Thanks!!!!

WT.
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

This is awesome. And a well deserved congrats on retirement! One day far from now I too hope to retire and do some RV living!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember the early days, it's been so long. Congratulations on your retirement!

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Looks like Wizzup has been talking about Croatia to you... !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on the next big step in your life, and thank you for everything you've done. I attribute my choice in career and success in it to the foundational knowledge and experience I gained on villavu, mitb, and a small handful of similar sites. To me and I'm sure many others, your contributions resulted in more than flax spinners and ess miners.
    /

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Congratz and thanks for everything you've done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's amazing congratulations! On to a new journey!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

We have just published our first youtube movie. That was a lot of work, but it is all worth it. I would be honoured if you could leave us a comment

https://youtu.be/cgoo9oPP08Y
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations I hope your travels are safe and you find the perfect destination.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

congratulations! I love stopping by here every once in a while.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations, WT! I watched a few of your videos, and I'm glad to see you, Wizzup, and the rest of the family looking so happy. It looks like the years have treated you all kindly.

Hello old friends! I hope the same can be said of all of you.

I was a young kid when I joined this forum, not even a teenager yet, and today am every bit an adult as my own parents. How time flies. The RuneScape cheating chapter of my life will always be one of the most transformative, meaningful, and fun experiences I've had, and I still reminisce about it sometimes. Mostly about the friends I made and grew apart from, and the good times and laughs we had.

@WT-Fakawi, I can't overstate how much this forum changed my life, and how much it meant and still means to me. Thank you so much for founding and running this community. And good luck with your travels! I'll be checking out your videos every now and then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for everything you’ve done for the Villavu and Simba communities! Without Villavu, I would have never made my way into the botting scene eight years ago and found my passion for scripting.

Your videos are exceptionally well put together, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them. I’m eagerly looking forward to future updates.

Enjoy your retirement!
    Last edited by S1mple; 09-15-2023 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

@WT-Fakawi; I've been keeping track of everything on Facebook for sure. I'm glad everything is going well. I just put in my papers for my first retirement.

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on your new journey!

Thread Information