Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide to 99 Smithing by Lolpie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Guide to 99 Smithing by Lolpie

Smithing is easily one of the toughest skills to level up. This guide will show you the fastest, most effective way to get 99 without wasting any time. It's intended for F2Pers but P2Pers can get something out of it too, I think.

What you need:
    -4-8 accounts (now referred to as mules), and your main account you wanna raise smithing on
    -SCAR, iBot, or any other working macroing program

What you do:
    -Get your mules through tutorial island then auto their combat level to around 50 (explained later).
    -Take them to Southeast or Southwest Varrock and powermine on them till you get 15 mining. Keep all the items that you gained from doing this.
    -Find/beg for/make a script that mines and banks all iron ores from Southeast or Southwest Varrock. Run it until all of your accounts have 60 mining.

Now I will explain the plan: because smithing requires a ton of ores, it's pointless to mine all the ores yourself on your main because that's a huge waste of time. What we will do is make half of your mules go to the mining guild (hence the 50 combat...avoids instant bannage), and keep the other two mining iron at Southeast or Southwest Varrock. All your main will simply do is simply take the ores (I do this in intervals of 5k or 10k ores) from the mules, smelt them, then smith the ores.

What next?
    -First, do any quests that give smithing XP on your main. I'm a F2P, so the only one I know is The Knight's Sword - it takes you from level 1 to level 33 smithing
    -HERE'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING - Once you get to 50 smithing, you'll have the urge to make mithril items. DON'T! Making steel plates is easily the best XP gainer (for F2P) out there:

The only good way to level up for a non-member is by smithing Steel Platebodies. Some people may be wondering why this is the best method for training, here is the explanation. Let say that you have 1000 Coals (since you need Coal for all the items above Steel), with 1000 Coals, while making Steel Platebodies, you receive (1000/ 2) * 55 = 27500 experience points. If you are making Mithril Platebodies, you will only receive (1000/4) * 80 = 20000 experience points. Same thing goes for Adamant and for Rune.
    Now all you have to do is keep your mules mining constantly (3-5 hours a day, excluding weekends), then transferring the loot to your main via virtual machines (Search button pl0x), then smelting and smithing them into items.

Enjoy, and good luck on your quest to 99 smithing, if you choose to accept the challenge!

Here's a very good Smithing guide: http://runescape.salmoneus.net/smithing_help.html
    Hey lady, I need a yank! Ha ha, dislocation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nice i will definatly try this soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*imagines what it would be like to smith r2h*
    Man! What were jagex thinking when they set the smithing lvls to enable r2h Making... They didn't actually think we'd ever reach such a birdun of a feat did they :/.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oooo, looks like something i will try great guide!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

interesting, i might be up for da challenge.. ´gj
    SiGH...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nice guide, some well thought out reasons for levels, im glad you added the 50 cmb suggestion in that is where a lot of autoers go all wrong.

it was a bit obvious of a guide tho, auto on mauls and smith on the main but im shore it will help out some of the people that are a bit slow to catch on the the idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you have 4 virtual machines running at the same time, won't that lag your computer a lot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Something I will try soon!!!
    Right Now I Buy Coal and Iron ores Smelt them and sell bars back!!

With this process I also make money but it takes forever!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will try out. ^^

http://scarscripters.proboards102.com
    Click Here to Make SRL a Better Place!

You were outsexed, my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I love lacky b/c i need a lacky :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Julza View Post
    my age is 99 =] look me up in hiscores im first!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice guide! I'll try this out.
    Please, I need money, and you don't lose anything, except get money! Join BUX.TO with http://bux.to/?r=twistedvip50

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Its the part above Smithing 70 that becomes tricky. I have never managed to lift my Players above that. And, if you do the math to lvl 99 correctly (tip.it), its 13,034,431 XP to level 99. One Steel Platebody gives you 187.5 XP. Thats roughly 70k Platebodies! Or: 350K Iron and 700k Coal! so you need 1 million resources.

• Lets say you make max out 200 Coal an hour. That is on a 80 hours per week basis: 16.000 Coal. 700k/16.000 = 43 weeks straight GuildMining.
    • Next we need 350K Iron. That we will produce at a rate of 300 per Hour. Thats roughly 350.000/(300*80) =14 weeks.
    • Next we need to Melt all this to steel bars. 70k Platebodies = 350k Steel Bars. My Melter makes 200 per hour, roughly. Thats 350.000/200*80 = 21 Weeks.
    • Now we need to Smith all this to Platebodies @ 500 per hour. Thats 350.000/500*80 = 8.7 weeks.

It will take you 86.7 weeks to get to that point, and well before that your army will have been minimized. Believe me: Its too hard, I tried.
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WT-Fakawi View Post
    It will take you 86.7 weeks to get to that point, and well before that your army will have been minimized. Believe me: Its too hard, I tried.
    Now go back to the Aryan days when I could run 12 total between two computers. Less than 8 weeks I think in total I sold at least 900k coal, so its feasible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe theres a better way then steel plates once your past them..
    I JOINED IN MARCH DON'T RATE ME BY MY POST COUNT.

Abysal Rush On Sythe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WT-Fakawi View Post
    Its the part above Smithing 70 that becomes tricky. I have never managed to lift my Players above that. And, if you do the math to lvl 99 correctly (tip.it), its 13,034,431 XP to level 99. One Steel Platebody gives you 187.5 XP. Thats roughly 70k Platebodies! Or: 350K Iron and 700k Coal! so you need 1 million resources.

• Lets say you make max out 200 Coal an hour. That is on a 80 hours per week basis: 16.000 Coal. 700k/16.000 = 43 weeks straight GuildMining.
    • Next we need 350K Iron. That we will produce at a rate of 300 per Hour. Thats roughly 350.000/(300*80) =14 weeks.
    • Next we need to Melt all this to steel bars. 70k Platebodies = 350k Steel Bars. My Melter makes 200 per hour, roughly. Thats 350.000/200*80 = 21 Weeks.
    • Now we need to Smith all this to Platebodies @ 500 per hour. Thats 350.000/500*80 = 8.7 weeks.

This is assuming that you're running SCAR, right? I'm using other bots as well...I can get around 2,000-3,000 coal in a day, safely . Also you did your calculations based on the assumption that one will do all the autoing one at a time, in reality we'll be running VMs so we can auto coal, iron, and smelting/smithing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Victim14 View Post
    If you have 4 virtual machines running at the same time, won't that lag your computer a lot?
    -One for autoing coal
    -One for autoing iron
    -Another for smelting or smithing (can't do both at the same time on your main). Or you can run VMs for the first two and use the host computer to smelt or smith

Quote Originally Posted by gamer 5 View Post
    Something I will try soon!!!
    Right Now I Buy Coal and Iron ores Smelt them and sell bars back!!

With this process I also make money but it takes forever!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpure View Post
    Maybe theres a better way then steel plates once your past them..
    Well if you're a F2P, steel plates give the most XP. If you're P2P, you can smith gold while wearing gauntlets or something, and that gives around 50 XP per bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it's a good and useful tutorial. But I don't think that it should be title for 99 smithing. I think this would be a very easy way to get your smithing up, but also, if you continually auto in the guild day after day, then Jagex will catch on eventually and they will ban you. But yes, it is an effective way to gain smithing levels

- Da Der Der -
    If I see you autoing with level 3/default clothes/crap name I WILL report you. Auto Correctly. - put this in your sig

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

2k Coal/Day is not far off from my estimation. And yes, it is possibly to distribute this amongst multiple bots. I just needed the numbers to get it straight.
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wrong, Steel is the most efficient way - not the fastest.
    Active only during the Summer...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JackLKrawl View Post
    You are right. That was the whole point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JackLKrawl View Post
    If it's the most effecient, doesn't that also make it the fastest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that will take long, but anyway sum people might try it... great work keep it up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, steel isn't the most efficient. Iron bars are still the most efficient F2P.

The limiting factor here is the SMELTING. Anyone can power smith bars in Varrock in a short period of time. And whether you're transferring ores to your main or selling the ores then transferring the money to your main, the price of the resources should be considered.

Smelt and smith Iron bars = 37.5 xp
    Requires 2 iron ore = 200 gp
    Cost efficiency = 5.3 gp per xp
    14 per smelting trip = 525 total xp

Smelt and smith Steel bars = 55 xp
    Requires 1 iron ore + 2 coal... 500 gp
    Cost efficiency = 9.1 gp per xp
    9 per smelting trip = 495 total xp

Now if you let your army do the smelting for you and you just smith the bars, you need to smith 350k steel bars, or 525k iron bars.

Based on the 9:14 ratio, you still end up ahead if you do the iron bars, since in the time it takes to smelt 350k steel, you could have smelted 545k iron.

If you smith 500 bars per hour, it only takes an extra 350 hours (2 weeks) to do the extra 175k iron bars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think if you smith iron you can get much more then 500

but great idea

i will never do this
    ~Hermen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tarajunky View Post
    No, steel isn't the most efficient. Iron bars are still the most efficient F2P.

The limiting factor here is the SMELTING. Anyone can power smith bars in Varrock in a short period of time. And whether you're transferring ores to your main or selling the ores then transferring the money to your main, the price of the resources should be considered.

Smelt and smith Iron bars = 37.5 xp
    Requires 2 iron ore = 200 gp
    Cost efficiency = 5.3 gp per xp
    14 per smelting trip = 525 total xp

Smelt and smith Steel bars = 55 xp
    Requires 1 iron ore + 2 coal... 500 gp
    Cost efficiency = 9.1 gp per xp
    9 per smelting trip = 495 total xp

Now if you let your army do the smelting for you and you just smith the bars, you need to smith 350k steel bars, or 525k iron bars.

Based on the 9:14 ratio, you still end up ahead if you do the iron bars, since in the time it takes to smelt 350k steel, you could have smelted 545k iron.

If you smith 500 bars per hour, it only takes an extra 350 hours (2 weeks) to do the extra 175k iron bars.
    Tarajunky, I forgot to mention that if you making that many steel plates, you can high-alch them to make a ton of money, then you have a self-sufficient business right there <- my plan

Smelting/smithing iron is faster, but in the long run it won't make you money until you get to 99 smithing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

iron is extremely fast to mine compared to coal but there are a small amount of auto miners for iron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

kl beans

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information