Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Virtual PC 2007 + TinyXP - Step by step setup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Default MS Virtual PC 2007 + TinyXP - Step by step setup!

___Tutorial___

1) Download Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 and TinyXP from the downloads section in this thread.

Once downloaded you should have both files:

2) Now I'm going to let you install Virtual PC the program, by yourself. Just do it as you would install SCAR. Start by running setup.exe, and finish with this screen:

After that's installed, we will make the workstation for TinyXP:

For ram, TinyXP Beast Edition only uses about 50mb ram, and then Runescape uses 64mb on Low Detail. So, if you have to set it to 100mb, then that's fine.

3) Once installed, open up the Virtual PC Console from Start > All Programs > Microsoft Virtual PC (or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Virtual PC) and select the Autoing workstation. Now click the Start button

If you wait long enough you might get this, but we're not here to wait that long.

4) As soon as the black screen with your Autoing workstation opens up, right click on the CD button at the bottom of the screen and click Capture ISO Image...

Browse and open TinyXP.iso, wherever you downloaded it.

To check if you did it right, when you right click the CD button, it should say Release "TinyXP.iso"

5) Now comes the fun part...Installing TinyXP as a Virtual OS!
    At the top of the window go to Action > Reset and click Reset on the popup window

You should get to this screen if you wait a bit:

Go ahead and hit Enter on Partition1 (or hit enter on the partition with the largest size), and then chose the first option, Format NTFS (Quick):

After it formats, it begins to install TinyXP!
    At this point all you do is wait a one or two hours...

Okay, now that we finally have TinyXP installed, it should take you to the desktop with a message in a window something about Virtual Machine additions. Hit Okay, then go to Actions > Install or Update...

Click Continue and then just wait a few minutes.

If it does not start installing, go to My Computer in the Virtual OS, and open the VMAdditions CD:

Once installed, reboot the workstation and then click Start > right click My Computer > scroll down and click on Properties.
    Next click on Advanced at the top, then the button Settings for Performance, and check the box that says Adjust for best performance. At the bottom click Apply.

Duplicating a Workstation

1) Go to My Documents > My Virtual Machines

2) Find the folder "Autoing" or whatever you named your workstation to, and open it. Now when you're inside the folder, you will see "Autoing.vmc" and Autoing Hard Disk.vhd"

3) Select both of the files, and press CTRL + C (copy) and CTRL + V (paste).

4) You should get Autoing - Copy.vmc and Autoing Hard Disk - Copy.vhd or something like that.

5) Rename Autoing - Copy.vmc to Autoing2.vmc and rename Autoing Hard Disk - Copy.vhd to Autoing Hard Disk 2.vhd

6) Open Autoing2.vmc with Notepad (double click to open and chose Notepad from the list of selections to Open With...)

7) Find this section:
    Code:
    						<pathname>
    							<absolute type="string">C:\Users\Swift\Documents\My Virtual Machines\Autoing\Autoing Hard Disk.vhd</absolute>
    							<relative type="string">.\Autoing Hard Disk.vhd</relative>
    						</pathname>
    Rename Autoing Hard Disk.vhd to Autoing Hard Disk 2.vhd for both instances!

Now run the Virtual Machine Console and you'll see Autoing2, run that and you'll be where you are at with Autoing.

___Downloads + Info___

Microsoft Virtual PC 2007

Info:
    Use Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 to run multiple operating systems at the same time on the same physical computer. Switch between virtual machines with the click of a button. Use virtual machines to run legacy applications, provide support, train users, and enhance quality assurance.

Virtual PC lets you create separate virtual machines on your Windows desktop, each of which virtualizes the hardware of a complete physical computer. Use virtual machines to run operating systems such as MS-DOS, Windows, and OS/2. You can run multiple operating systems at once on a single physical computer and switch between them as easily as switching applications—instantly, with a mouse click. Virtual PC is perfect for any scenario in which you need to support multiple operating systems, whether you use it for tech support, legacy application support, training, or just for consolidating physical computers.
    System requirements:
    Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/virtualpc/sysreq.mspx
    Code:
    Download 32 bit:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/5/6/856bfc39-fa48-4315-a2b3-e6697a54ca88/32%20BIT/setup.exe

Download 64 bit:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/5/6/856bfc39-fa48-4315-a2b3-e6697a54ca88/64%20BIT/setup.exe
    Don't know which version of Virtual PC to get? Get the 32bit.
    Above direct links do not work? Go to this link and scroll down to the version you want, then hit download. It should begin shortly after clicking download.

Windows TinyXP Professional SP2 - Beast Edition - Unattended CD

Some info on TinyXP:
    This special 'Beast Edition' of TinyXP is designed to be hell fast!

Internet Explorer and Outlook Express have been removed from this edition. Mozilla Firefox web browser and Mozilla Thunderbird email client are included as replacements to Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. The latest edition of MSN Messenger (v7.5) is also installed.

This edition of TinyXP includes Ethernet LAN drivers, Microsoft Sidewinder drivers and Sound Controller drivers. All keyboard layouts are included. All languages have been removed apart from United Kingdom. The default Luna theme has been removed, but this edition includes the XP Amp theme as default.

Most of the networking features are removed from this edition, this is because this edition is intended as a gaming edition that you can surf the internet with. It is NOT intended as an operating system for use in a corporate environment to squeeze a little bit more production out of the poor employees, however, MS Mail and MAPI are included for compatibility. Also kept - 16Bit Support, Disk Cleanup, the "core" of Internet Explorer, Task Scheduler and you are still able to open ZIP files without the need for any any third party program.

Services left remaining are: DHCP, DNS Client, Event Log, IAS, Network Provisioning, Performance Logs and Alerts, Secondary Logon, Shell Services, System Event Notification, Uninterruptible Power Supply Universal Plug and Play, Windows Management Instrumentation, Windows Time and Wireless Zero Configuration.

This edition also includes Wireless LAN and there is also support for use on laptops. On this edition of TinyXP there are no minimum RAM or hard disk space requirements.
    Download:
    Code:
    You'll have to find it using google !

1-99 fletching from pure autoing

My account unlocks: 92 mage 90 range lvl 80 | 94 mage 87 range lvl 91 | 85 mining lvl 41 | Rich lvl 65

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, this great! I tried doing this awhile ago and it took me forever. I am sure that many other people will really like this tut.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them, well... I have others.

Since brevity is the soul of wit, I will be brief. Auto Correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Thank you! I was hoping somebody would reply to encourage me on .

Unfortunately, as I may have mentioned, I am doing lots of school reports and projects at the moment due soon this week sometime. So I won't have much time to work on the tutorial . School first, of course .

My account unlocks: 92 mage 90 range lvl 80 | 94 mage 87 range lvl 91 | 85 mining lvl 41 | Rich lvl 65

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Tutorial up!

It's not finished yet, however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One problem, it seems to lag to much to auto no matter how much memory I partition to it, what could be the cause of the uberlag?
    I'm a noob.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Holy crap! Rep++ to you!
    [CENTER][img]http://signatures.mylivesignature.com/54486/113/4539C8FAAF3EAB109A3CC1811EF0941B.png[/img][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][BANANA]TSN ~ Vacation! ~ says :I Love Santy[/BANANA][/CENTER]

[CENTER][BANANA]Raymond - Oh rilie? says :Your smart[/BANANA][/CENTER]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tr1ck321 View Post
    One problem, it seems to lag to much to auto no matter how much memory I partition to it, what could be the cause of the uberlag?
    That's unusual. Does not lag one bit for me. Either it could be the script you're using, or it might be that you should update your Java. Doubt it's the latter though.

I suggest you download FreeRamXP Pro (freeware software) and install it on your main OS (not the virtual autoing OS) and see how much free ram you have. If it's red, and below 100mb, then that's bad...

Okay, Billy.

Thanks Santa . Glad I helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey I'm not trying to sound super noobish on this question lol. but i have never dealt with VM's before so here goes.

How much memory of our actualy computer would it take up? or does the 100mb that we select as much as it uses from our own regular computer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Vmware is way better then ms virtual pc. I can't wait to see if the srl devs well release smart to the public

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so running 2 rs accounts off one comp is safe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't wait until the tut is finished!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleaf View Post
    Hey I'm not trying to sound super noobish on this question lol. but i have never dealt with VM's before so here goes.

How much memory of our actual computer would it take up? or does the 100mb that we select as much as it uses from our own regular computer?
    If you set the workstation to use up 250mb of ram, it would only use up to 250mb. The workstation can use all or less than the amount of ram you set it to, but never more.

When it needs more ram, you'll notice because the workstation starts to lag and a message might say it is low on ram.

Quote Originally Posted by uncfan1119 View Post
    Vmware is way better then ms virtual pc. I can't wait to see if the srl devs well release smart to the public
    I've tried VMWare and I couldn't see any advantages over that vs this, so I just stuck with Virtual PC.
    SRL Devs release smart? What is "smart?"

Quote Originally Posted by 7Jam View Post
    so running 2 rs accounts off one comp is safe?
    As long as you have one account for one workstation. You can run an account on your main OS, and another on the workstation, and that would be safe. But don't run one on your main OS, and two on the virtual workstation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsk2003 View Post
    I can't wait until the tut is finished!
    What exactly are you waiting to be added to the tutorial? .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Hey one question, I have Windows XP Home SP2 and when I run the installer it says I am not running on a supported operating system, but it would let me continue, so, anybody knows would it work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss3s View Post
    Hey one question, I have Windows XP Home SP2 and when I run the installer it says I am not running on a supported operating system, but it would let me continue, so, anybody knows would it work?
    Of course it will work . It says that message, just ignore it and hit Continue or OK. It says that message for Vista (the OS I'm on right now) and it runs fine and dandy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I keep on getting an error when it actually start up the OS after installing it. it restarts it and ihave to reinstall

do i need to use more than 5000mn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

You might want to show a screenshot or something of the error.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

*Mouth drops open*

*Jumps up and down screaming*

Thank you so much for this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Ahaha, no problem Jason.

It's not really hard to setup the OS though .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Yo man nice tut cant wait tell you finish it.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Ahaha, no problem Jason.

It's not really hard to setup the OS though .
    It had me stumped

A lot of the thanks is for posting that ISO. It was hard finding a good download, and even those had about seven parts each to download from those pay-to-use-or-wait-an-hour sites :|

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Ahh, yes. I knew that ISO was going to help out a lot of people! So since I have a RapidShare premium account, I downloaded it from RS, and uploaded it all in one piece on my own host.

Are the speeds good with mgatesphoto?

A question to all:
    What is everyone looking for to be added to the tutorial?

If (Online) then Loc := ('On comp') else Loc := ('Somewhere else!');
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

right i get the vm downkloaded get to the blk screen right click the cd..

then i followed the link to get the tinyXP.iso and it opne's in my power archive in about 2000files so i xtract and i cant find tinyXP.iso anywere like in the tut

plz help

do i have to have the tinyXP??.. ifso what is it for..?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scaper123 View Post
    right i get the vm downkloaded get to the blk screen right click the cd..

then i followed the link to get the tinyXP.iso and it opne's in my power archive in about 2000files so i xtract and i cant find tinyXP.iso anywere like in the tut

plz help

do i have to have the tinyXP??.. ifso what is it for..?
    No no, you have to download TinyXP.iso the same way you downloaded setup.exe for MS Virtual PC. You should have both the iso file and the exe file (setup and TinyXP) in one folder. Then you go to right click the CD and from the window that opens up you select the TinyXP file that you downloaded, next to the Setup file.

If (Online) then Loc := ('On comp') else Loc := ('Somewhere else!');
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    No no, you have to download TinyXP.iso the same way you downloaded setup.exe for MS Virtual PC. You should have both the iso file and the exe file (setup and TinyXP) in one folder. Then you go to right click the CD and from the window that opens up you select the TinyXP file that you downloaded, next to the Setup file.
    m8 right iv downloaded the windows vm..and set it up etc ur way now im stuck with the tinxp bit and set up bit i dont understand the setup and tinyxp bit sorry

can u help anymore

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information