Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tutorial for the "Beginner Scripter". With video aid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yo IceFire908 i enjoyed your tut its nice and easy to understand this is probably the basis of using Scar i also took a quick read through your intermeddiet tutorial and boy it's massive but that basically sums up a good way to make a nice script looking foward to getting a advanced guide just as a bonus not needed but it will help~Peace Out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please someone tell me how to make a Script

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha this is so informative! It's great. Awesome job. You have incredible patience to write this whole thing out for us newbs. lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This tut was definitely more helpful than some others because the videos are excellent visual aids to the process, much appreciated
    ?!PFK!?

What can PFK do for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is very well written. Very professional job; you have have excellent communication skills. The use of the video for the "box" explanation was excellent. I am about to read your Intermmediate level tutorial now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

wow really nice tutorial, few errors with grammar but really easy to understand. I've scripted before and made working ones so I didn't really need this, I was just looking at your intermediate script and saw a link to this so I checked it out. I can't lie though, I actually learned something from this, I saw in Wizzup's? ess miner xor and didn't know what it did I never saw it before and now I know what that means, pretty cool learning something I wasn't intending to, but that I did want to know a week or so ago. I also never saw before:

StrToIntDef(S: string, Def: Integer): Integer;
    StrToBoolDef(S: string, Def: Boolean): Boolean;

so I learned those, I don't think I'll use them but hey, maybe now that I heard of them and know them, I might. Thanks for this tutorial it was really good I hope you finish your intermediate one soon though, because for me, that one will actually be pretty useful, especially after just starting scripting again after a few months. (took brake over summer, was too busy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baked0420 View Post
    wow really nice tutorial, few errors with grammar but really easy to understand. I've scripted before and made working ones so I didn't really need this, I was just looking at your intermediate script and saw a link to this so I checked it out. I can't lie though, I actually learned something from this, I saw in Wizzup's? ess miner xor and didn't know what it did I never saw it before and now I know what that means, pretty cool learning something I wasn't intending to, but that I did want to know a week or so ago. I also never saw before:

StrToIntDef(S: string, Def: Integer): Integer;
    StrToBoolDef(S: string, Def: Boolean): Boolean;

so I learned those, I don't think I'll use them but hey, maybe now that I heard of them and know them, I might. Thanks for this tutorial it was really good I hope you finish your intermediate one soon though, because for me, that one will actually be pretty useful, especially after just starting scripting again after a few months. (took brake over summer, was too busy)
    Thanks, you should go ahead and read what I have done so far for the intermediate tutorial... esp. towards the end there are some good methods for looping for runescape tasks ect..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

yea I told you I found this from your inermediate tut, it's more suitable for me, I'll actually learn lots from it once I start reading it a lot, so far I've just scimmed it a tiny bit, reading some things, mostly stuff in the beginning, but I'll make time to read it all, and I'm looking forward to learning everything you have mentioned that you're going to put in that tut that I don't know. I hope you finish it so I can learn a lot from you, thanks for the good semi-complete intermediate tut, and for this beginner's tut, hopefully it'll turn a few leachers into scripters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow! the best beginner turtoria out there that k you very much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the comments guys, if you guys want me to make a tutorial on anything or add to my current ones just ask and I'll get around to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well im glad that every other person who read this guide understood it but i did not. Sorry maybe its my lack of interest but i really want to know how to script so i can help the community and my self with autoing thus leading to my plead. Will someone help me understand this live? Like on msn or something? If someone has the time to do that pm me and ill send u my msn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't thank you enough for this and your other tutorial, they are going to send me well on my way to relearning SCAR.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

This is a very good Tutorial very in depth. I've been scripting for awhile but never really understood how to make a Boolean Function(making a preexisting one work is easy) for myself. I'm testing varius parts of my scripts i'm writing using this. I might just turn whole procedure from my older stuff straight into functions. Here's an example of a peice that I used to test with that I learned from your Tutorial.

Code:
    program new;
    function xbank:boolean; //closes the bank using [x] button
     var
       Xbankbmp,x,y,a:integer;
    begin
       xbankbmp:= BitmapFromString(16, 6, 'meJxT0jLMbu6NzK2MLqwRFpUAIkF' +
            'h0YCUvMC0QggXiDyiU13DEsw9/Lm4uJS0DHNbJ4VkFgORb1IWRIGo' +
            'hAwcARU7BkcDkYmLF1x9TFED0EygeiASk1WCI6CxbhFJUPX2HnD1Q' +
            'PcAVQK1AJGsipaUoiqQBCKg4RDHIJsPcT/EfKAaBTVdOAJyIYqByM' +
            'jRHc18iBpFTT2gGiACMiAIqNjePwJiPgB0HEdm');
       begin
          result:=FindBitmap(xbankbmp,X,Y)
          If (result) then
          begin
             Movemouse(x,y);
             clickmouse(x,y,1);
          end;
       freebitmap(xbankbmp);
       end;
    end;

begin
       if (xbank) then
         writeln(' Function Boolean works :)')
       else
       writeln(' Function Boolean Does not work :(');
    end.
    Truly reflection and smart are both new to me. So I macro Using Swiftkit. I have alot more freeform for this because of varying screensizes.

EDIT: Hmmm Logged out and went back in and this doesn't work anymore. Requires more testing.

EDIT2: Just noticed when I bring up my win & standard photo editor is the only time it works. I might have to try this with a different photo editor. Futher exploring leads me to the fact that I have to run display settings in Win 7 Basic Mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Great job IceFire, that video aid idea was genious. Everything is explained in a calm and steady way. You definitely belong with the tutorials from WhoCares357, and Cohen. Again, Great job
    Don't Troll, Don't Fight, Just keep the Respect

Feel free to re-make my scripts ;D
    Community Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information