Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scar++

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I would definitely get behind this project.

Mind you, I might as well be just starting off with C++ (I don't know hardly anything, but I have experience programming, and I understand the syntax to a degree. That counts for something.), but school is just about finishing up for me, so I'll have plenty of time to learn more.

Oh, question: Will this be available to Linux users? As my main operating system, compatibility is rather important

Now for working out this SVN...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2gs View Post
    I would definitely get behind this project.

Mind you, I might as well be just starting off with C++ (I don't know hardly anything, but I have experience programming, and I understand the syntax to a degree. That counts for something.), but school is just about finishing up for me, so I'll have plenty of time to learn more.

Oh, question: Will this be available to Linux users? As my main operating system, compatibility is rather important

Now for working out this SVN...
    Initially, no, but I hope that after it is finished we can begin work porting code over. Some things Im not sure if you can do (Take control of the mouse, and send keys through the keyboard) But we'll see. It just depends on how X works. (Yay getting to read thousands of pages of Documentation )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastaraymond View Post
    Atleast it does warn.
    Some people might click through, but most will stop..

.exe on the other hand can still do stuff like sending your rs + ip etc..

While scar does warn..

In scar you can't edit the registery..
    You can connect to a website and edit the registry using SCAR without getting confirmation from the user. Using plugins will allow you to do that, and more and more people are using them now a days
    SRL Wiki | SRL Rules | SRL Stats
    Ultimate SCAR Scripting Tutorial | Starblaster100's Auth System | Join the official SRL IRC now!

Help Keep SRL Alive! Please disable Advert Blockers on SRL! Help Keep SRL Alive!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starblaster100 View Post
    You can connect to a website and edit the registry using SCAR without getting confirmation from the user. Using plugins will allow you to do that, and more and more people are using them now a days
    I know..

And you cannot edit the registery with scar. And yes I know plugins are like .exe's.
    But then again, if you all so like the exe idea, why no one ever want to make something that compiles your script into a .exe?
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Ehhh, that'd be this...

Speed + Standalone = Perfection
    Interested in C# and Electrical Engineering? This might interest you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

I wouldn't use objects for the functions... Seems pretty... useless to me.

PointDef

But all Freddy does (or what I would do) is make a DTM record, TDTM, and all his code does is something like

SCAR Code:
    var What : File of TDTM;

WriteFile(What, {..});

It's something like that, search delphi basics...

But it stores a record in a file as Hex or bytes. So he just prints that string out. HE changed it to use base 64 or something though.
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R0b0t1 View Post
    I wouldn't use objects for the functions... Seems pretty... useless to me.

PointDef

But all Freddy does (or what I would do) is make a DTM record, TDTM, and all his code does is something like

SCAR Code:
    var What : File of TDTM;

WriteFile(What, {..});

It's something like that, search delphi basics...

But it stores a record in a file as Hex or bytes. So he just prints that string out. HE changed it to use base 64 or something though.
    He is using compression which is why it no longer is readable.

As for the object things, I have debated over this. For some areas they are pretty worthless (ColorConversions) but I am already seeing a good benifit for them in other areas (ColorFinding). Right now everything is in objects just to make things a bit smoother, syntax wise. Most IDEs will give a list of member functions when you type object.(whatever) which makes it easy to browse the available functions. So for scar++ it would be something like Scar.Color.FindColorSpiral(blah);

There are a few more benefits besides that. for example, I plan on using some private functions to change between fast color finding and slow color finding.

Im still not completely satisfied with the way things are setup, but once we near completion I hope to have that hammered out pretty good. (right now it is just writing a bunch of functions)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

I know he uses compression, but I was talking about how he gets the data to compress in the first place.
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know he uses compression, but I was talking about how he gets the data to compress in the first place.
    Gocha, Yeah, I think it is just a list of bytes. Shouldn't be too hard to break down once it is decompressed (I believe I know the method used for the compression. so it should be too bad)

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boberman View Post
    Gocha, Yeah, I think it is just a list of bytes. Shouldn't be too hard to break down once it is decompressed (I believe I know the method used for the compression. so it should be too bad)
    I think BenLand100 has done the Bitmap Decryption...

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

I did DTMs for Nielsie once, I'll send you the bytes as soon as I get home and found it
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I support this project 100%

plus, learning C++ will make me much more motivated to script (yes I finally found my army .txt details so I might start scripting again sometime).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember a long time ago (on Sythe) someone introduced a replicated VB version of Scar (it was in development I think). The guy got banned for the post. Good luck with the project. It won't be very easy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Cruels? google Cruellib.
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cruels? google Cruellib.
    I really don't remember. It was so long ago.. It very-well may have been. But either way, the guy's project wasn't very successful.

PS I "can" script c++. I know the basic principles, the syntax, etc, but I don't have enough experience with it. I've never even created forms before. If I helped out on this project perhaps I could learn some (by at least looking at the source, etc.).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares357 View Post
    I really don't remember. It was so long ago.. It very-well may have been. But either way, the guy's project wasn't very successful.

PS I "can" script c++. I know the basic principles, the syntax, etc, but I don't have enough experience with it. I've never even created forms before. If I helped out on this project perhaps I could learn some (by at least looking at the source, etc.).
    That is what I'm doing, I don't have a ton of experience, hoping to pick up some.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Third Commandment: Thou shalt not refer to thy holy Programming as 'scripting'.
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Wow...I didn't even notice that he did it. IT IS PROGRAMMING!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Amen brother, Amen... . Today and yesterday I haven't had a lot of time to work on this thing. Hopefully in the near future my schedule will free up a bit. (Sister had a baby, 12 lbs..)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haha. My friend always says that. Shame on me for my poor memory.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzup? View Post
    I think BenLand100 has done the Bitmap Decryption...
    He has, along with figuring out how most of the algorithms used in scar work, which has gotten freddy quite pissed at him That being said, I like this project a lot. You know, SMART is run from a C++ dll, it might make a good "client" for this project, It shouldn't be hard at all for someone to figure out how to use the dll without SCAR, as boberman seems to know his way around c++ quite well. In addition, that would simplify the way the library would interface with RS a lot... Regardless, pm or msn me with any questions.

Edit: @boberman, don't worry about the "Spline" mouse functions, unless you want them for compatibility's sake. If that's the case, I'll find the source for them and send you a copy (I wrote them to begin with, they aren't as good as WindMouse in SRL however). I also know the algorithm used for MoveMouseSmoothEx, however it shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on elsewhere if you know where to look.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

BenLand is always so secretive .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For all that care (and even those that don't) Scar++ is making some great strides. As it stands, it can actually do something somewhat useful now (Find colors and send keys, Yeay!) Most of the colorfinding functions have been written, so if you want to give them a test run and report any bugs you find, that would be great.

And since the source is available. Feel free to pick it apart and yell at me if you find something that is completely inefficient or broken. As always, if you want to contribute a function, I'm completely open to that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For all that care (and even those that don't) Scar++ is making some great strides. As it stands, it can actually do something somewhat useful now (Find colors and send keys, Yeay!) Most of the colorfinding functions have been written, so if you want to give them a test run and report any bugs you find, that would be great.

And since the source is available. Feel free to pick it apart and yell at me if you find something that is completely inefficient or broken. As always, if you want to contribute a function, I'm completely open to that.
    good to hear and if BenLand is on your side this project really is going to be finished ^^ GL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I would be working more but I've been caught up in FindColorsSpiralTolerance, I can't figure it out

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information