Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Scar++ (A scar API for C++)

Dev-C++ DevPak: Rev. 36

SVN: http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/ScarPP
    Project Home: http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/ScarPP

How to get it from the svn:
    1. download SVN
    2. make a directory that you want Scar++ to be in and go there from the terminal (click run, then type in "cmd" without the quotes. us cd to get to the directory you created)
    3. type in "svn co http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/ScarPP"
    4. profit? Your done, you should now have scar++

Demo Scar++ Program:
    Code:
    #include <Scar++.h>
    #include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
    {
       Scar setup;
       cout << "I've got me a scar!\n";
       while(true)
          MoveMouseSmooth(rand(), rand());
       return 0;
    }
    The easiest way to install Scar++ is to download the devpak and run it through dev-C++. Make sure that you go into Project->Project Options->Parameters and under linker you put -lScar++. It won't compile without that.

For all that wonder, Scar++ is an open source c++ library to try to aid users who are coming from scar to start to use c++. It is not an IDE or an interpreted language, it is c++ in all its glory.

For now, all functions are part of one giant Scar object. This was done as an attempt to let the auto complete functions of many c++ IDE's help in writing some excellent cheating programs. (as well as making the ++ justified, if it wasn't there then this would really be c )

The first stage will be to mimic all the essential functions for cheating in runescape. This includes color finding, bitmap matching, and even the ability to map out letter and such. Mainly in this stage I am trying to get the project to the point where moving the SRL library into a c++ version will be a fairly trivial thing. I will not be adding functions that do tasks that are already vastly available to c++ (For example, string manipulation, Standard I/O, ect.) There are already vast libraries available to c++ so there is no reason to add these sorts of functions.

The second stage will be a refining stage. Somethings might not be done the fastest, so I will be reviewing what has been written and pulling out every trick I know of to increase the speed of the code and remove bugs (sometimes it takes many readings to remove bugs) No new functions will be added, the code will basically be in a frozen state.

The final stage will be to add some functions that I think should be in scar anyways, for example, PathFinding (one of the big reasons I took on this project). I will be open to extra suggestions at this point so suggestions will be welcome.

The final stage will span out indefinitely.

Right now the project is midway through stage 1. Many of the useful functions have been ported over (and there are quite a few that I expect will be done here quickly) As always, comments on the code or improvements you see fit are fully welcome. I hesitated to release the initial code, so don't make me regret it (so Please Participate if you can.)

Here is the link to the project Scar++ Revisions will be going up pretty dang fast (We are at 20 now) so if you are participating make sure you keep yourself up to date.

[ORIGINAL POST]
    Would anyone be interested in a C++ version of scar? I have already started work on it (got the color converting functions and most of the mouse functions done) and was wondering if it would be interesting to anyone else.

It would not be a full IDE, just the library (well, most of the library) so it wouldn't have as much protection as scar has.

On the plus side, it should be pretty fast and extremely flexible (the whole reason I've started this project). Allowing users the full power of C++ and its associated compilers.

If you are interested, let me know. If you have suggestions I would love to hear them as well. If you would like to help, I would be happy to share what I have now and work with you to get there.

For any interested, I'm including a list a finished functions, if you want to help, go ahead an look up the scar manual and pick a function to port.
    SCAR Code:
    void GetMousePos(int& x, int& y);
          void MoveMouse(int x, int y);
          void MoveMouseSmooth(int x, int y);
          void MoveMouseSmoothEx(int x, int y, int minsleeptime = 1,
                                 int maxsleeptime = 3, int maxdistance = 45,
                                 int gravity = 20, int forces = 10);
          void MoveMouseSmoothFrom(int x0, int y0, int x1, int y1);
          void MoveMouseSmoothFromEx(int x0, int y0, int x1, int y1, int minsleeptime = 1,
                                     int maxsleeptime = 3, int maxdistance = 45,
                                     int gravity = 20, int forces = 10);
          void MoveMouseSpline(int x, int y, int rx, int ry); // This function uses "MoveMouseSplineEx" so isn't really done, but once MoveMouseSplineEx is done it will be
          void MoveMouseSplineFrom(int x0, int y0, int x1, int y1, int rx, int ry);
          void MoveMouseSplineFromEx(int x0, int y0, int x1, int y1, int rx, int ry,
                                     int mouseSpeed = 50, int ctrlSpacing = 30,
                                     int ctrlVariance = 65);
          void MouseBox(int x0, int y0, int x1, int y1);
          void MoveMouseCC(int x, int y, int range, int segments, int pcount,
                           int delay);
          void ClickMouse(int x, int y, bool Left);
          void ClickMouseMid(int x, int y);
          void ClickMouseSpline(int x, int y, int rx, int ry, bool Left);
          void ClickMouseBox(int x0, int y0, int x1, int y1, bool Left);
          void HoldMouse(int x, int y, bool Left);
          void ReleaseMouse(int x, int y, bool Left);
          void HoldMouseMid(int x, int y);
          void ReleaseMouseMid(int x, int y);
          bool IsMouseButtonDown(bool LeftButton);

void ColortoRGB(unsigned int color, int& R, int& G, int& B);
          unsigned int RGBtoColor(int R, int G, int B);
          void ColortoHSL(unsigned int color, double& H, double& S, double& L);
          unsigned int HSLtoColor(double H, double S, double L);
          void RGBtoHSL(int R, int G, int B, double& H, double& S, double& L);
          void HSLtoRGB(double H, double S, double L, int& R, int& G, int& B);
          void RGBtoXYZ(int R, int G, int B, double& X, double& Y, double& Z);
          void XYZtoRGB(double X, double Y, double Z, int& R, int& G, int& B);
          void ColortoXYZ(unsigned int color, double& X, double& Y, double& Z);      
          unsigned int XYZtoColor(double X, double Y, double Z);
          void HSLtoXYZ(double H, double S, double L, double& X, double& Y, double& Z);
          void XYZtoHSL(double X, double Y, double Z, double& H, double& S, double& L);
    [/ORIGINAL POST]

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Correction! I do not think you do

Code:
    void GetMousePos(int &x, int &y);
    but this

Code:
    void GetMousePos(int *x, int *y);
    and call it like

Code:
    int x, y;

GetMousePos( &x, &y);
    or just have it return a POINT.

And how you'd include them is by splitting them up into header files with the function prototypes, and then have .cpp files that include the function proto's and define the functions, so you'd just include the .cpp files. (Or just have the proto's + code in one header, but both mentioned ways are bad style)
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R0b0t1 View Post
    Correction! I do not think you do

Code:
    void GetMousePos(int &x, int &y);
    but this

Code:
    void GetMousePos(int *x, int *y);
    and call it like

Code:
    int x, y;

GetMousePos( &x, &y);
    or just have it return a POINT.

And how you'd include them is by splitting them up into header files with the function prototypes, and then have .cpp files that include the function proto's and define the functions, so you'd just include the .cpp files. (Or just have the proto's + code in one header, but both mentioned ways are bad style)
    thanks, but you're in my world now (Mu ha ha ha....). in C++ it is perfectly legal to do void thing(int& i) as a function call. basically that means that you are passing the variable by reference and not value. It is a good way to avoid pointer usage and avoids complicating things for the user. Essentially, it is like saying GetMousePos(var x, y : Integer);.

I've already made several separate files, I just included a copy of all the functions in those files. Currently I am using classes to make objects (not sure how much I like doing this as they are more like a bunch of functions and less like objects).

I want to make this as easy as possible transition from Scar to Scar++ so I have tried to keep the same function syntax for the most part.

Here might be an example of how my code would work

Code:
    int main()
    {
       int x;
       int y;

scar test;
       test.mouse.GetMousePos(x, y);
       test.mouse.MoveMouseSmooth(x + 10, y + 10);
    }
    I should note that I have already tested this and it works fine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Scar is an interpeter I looked around and I didn't find any good C++ interpeters.. Did you have more luck?
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastaraymond View Post
    Scar is an interpeter I looked around and I didn't find any good C++ interpeters.. Did you have more luck?
    What do you mean by interpreter? The fact that it just translates the code to pascal?

once this is done, this will be an addition to a full blown computer language. It wont be interpreted (so you can still do whatever you want in c++). There are plenty of good C++ compilers and IDEs out there so I won't be dabbling with that, just the straight up code.

Here's a taste of what I have done so far maybe to give a feel for how this works. (You need to include the library file libScar++.a if you want to make a project based off of it) You should also note that this is still a work in progress. As a result, all functions with the word "Spline" in them, don't work. Everything else listed is done.

*THIS IS AN OLD VERSION OF SCAR, USE THE SVN! (I will not be constantly updating this)*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Mastaraymond, I believe it is an include for a c++ application that has a Scar class that then has the Scar functions he has converted. It does sound cool, but I think it will probably be a long time until it will catch up with Scar as the more advanced functions will probably take a while to replicate, but if you do continue it that far, then it should provide a lot of benefits over Scar (mainly as it would be compiled and not interpreted, thus run much much quicker).
    By reading this signature you agree that mixster is superior to you in each and every way except the bad ways but including the really bad ways.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats the point then? Just make a dll like Cruel Lib..

I wanted to make this in Delphi once, but then the point came that you will have to distribute stuff in .exe since not everyone has a compiler.. Which can cause lots of problems, as you know .exe's can contain bad stuff.
    On the otherside there are lots of c++ compilers which means this project probably has more luck in finishing, although this community is mostly pascal\delphi..
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats the point then? Just make a dll like Cruel Lib..

I wanted to make this in Delphi once, but then the point came that you will have to distribute stuff in .exe since not everyone has a compiler.. Which can cause lots of problems, as you know .exe's can contain bad stuff.
    On the otherside there are lots of c++ compilers which means this project probably has more luck in finishing, although this community is mostly pascal\delphi..
    Its just as easy to put malicious code in a scar script as it is in C++. I would say that, pending the full version, all programs should have the source code with them, to at least give the person the ability to check it out and compile it for themselves. (and a bannable offense if it isn't included). That won't eliminate the threat of virii, but it will go a long ways to prevent them.

Scar still has its place, but I think the serious programmers will really appreciate the ability to use C++ in a similar way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boberman View Post
    Its just as easy to put malicious code in a scar script as it is in C++.
    Not really. SCAR is pretty limited to what it can do to a computer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullzeye95 View Post
    Not really. SCAR is pretty limited to what it can do to a computer.
    Really? Can it access files and change data in them? That is all that is required for a language to be malicious, just because a language is simple doesn't mean it can't be dangerous, it just means someone wanting to be malicious has to go through one more hoop.

Heck, the fact that scar can open sockets, is enough for data to be stolen. If a user doesn't read the code it would be quite easy to hide a password stealer in scar. Heck, if you wanted to be ambitious you could store a malicious program in a string, write the string to a file, then edit the registry to run the file on start up, and boom, you have yourself a keylogger.

Don't get me wrong, that hasn't happened a whole lot with scar (that I know of) but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. The only reason C++ is potentially scarier is because it can compile the code to make it harder to read (hence the reason I suggest that not including the source code should be a bannable offense)

Don't believe me?

\/ DO NOT RUN THIS SCRIPT \/
    SCAR Code:
    procedure ScrewUpComputer;
       var a, b : Integer;
       begin
          b := RewriteFile('C:\Windows\system.ini', false);
          a := 0;
          Repeat
             WriteFileString(b, 'Lol, I just screwed up youre computer! ');
             a := a + 1;
          Until (a > 100);
       end;
    /\ DO NOT RUN THIS SCRIPT! /\

Just a proof of concept, I guess scar warns you before you run it, but how many people just click through those popups anyways without reading them?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Really? Can it access files and change data in them? That is all that is required for a language to be malicious, just because a language is simple doesn't mean it can't be dangerous, it just means someone wanting to be malicious has to go through one more hoop.

Heck, the fact that scar can open sockets, is enough for data to be stolen. If a user doesn't read the code it would be quite easy to hide a password stealer in scar. Heck, if you wanted to be ambitious you could store a malicious program in a string, write the string to a file, then edit the registry to run the file on start up, and boom, you have yourself a keylogger.

Don't get me wrong, that hasn't happened a whole lot with scar (that I know of) but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. The only reason C++ is potentially scarier is because it can compile the code to make it harder to read (hence the reason I suggest that not including the source code should be a bannable offense)

Don't believe me?

\/ DO NOT RUN THIS SCRIPT \/
    SCAR Code:
    procedure ScrewUpComputer;
       var a, b : Integer;
       begin
          b := RewriteFile('C:\Windows\system.ini', false);
          a := 0;
          Repeat
             WriteFileString(b, 'Lol, I just screwed up youre computer! ');
             a := a + 1;
          Until (a > 100);
       end;
    /\ DO NOT RUN THIS SCRIPT! /\

Just a proof of concept, I guess scar warns you before you run it, but how many people just click through those popups anyways without reading them?
    Atleast it does warn.
    Some people might click through, but most will stop..

.exe on the other hand can still do stuff like sending your rs + ip etc..

While scar does warn..

In scar you can't edit the registery..

Scar has lots of protections against this kind of stuff.. While .exe's don't have this.

Ever seen a .exe come up with a pop-up window asking to allow you to connect to a website? The only thing you can do is, turn your c++ thing into a .dll and let the user make his own scripts by publishing the source code and let the user compile it himself. Even this can be a bad sign since you can hide stuff in the source to..
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Not everyone has to have a compiler. If they don't trust the person then they don't have to use it. I personally think that this is a good idea. And I will definitely use it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so you destribute the source AND exectuable

so if you're suspicious, you can compile it yourself
    if not, you just run the provided exe (people on this forum take this option, they cant see scar's source)

you might want to look at Not Quite C which is easier to make an interpreter for, and easier to use, so people new to programming might find it easier to start.

although i support this project 100%, i dont think it will do that well, since freddy1990 is quite opposed to any scar clones,
    Join the Official SRL IRC channel. Learn how to Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dang, I was hoping that he wouldn't be so opposed to something like this as some of the more complex functions will be beasts to tackle, (DTM and bitmap stuff that loads it from a string).

Ohh well, once I get all the easy functions out of the way Ill focus my efforts on the more difficult ones and then if I get really stuck I will see if I can't get some help from him (though, as you said, it isn't likely).

Right now, Im trying to decide how I want to implement MoveMouseSpline. There are several types of spline functions in math and it would just be a matter of choosing the right one. (Bezier Curves look like what I am shooting for), once that is done all the IO functions will be done.

I should say, that Really, I'm not far from completion. There are several functions that I probably wont implement just because they are heavily related to already existent, and very common, C++ functions. For example, FileIO and Console output. C++ has excellent resources for both of those and adding another layer would be pointless in my opinion (though if there is high demand I might). String manipulation is another area the C++ has LOADS of functions for, so I probably won't do anything there either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Right now, Im trying to decide how I want to implement MoveMouseSpline. There are several types of spline functions in math and it would just be a matter of choosing the right one. (Bezier Curves look like what I am shooting for), once that is done all the IO functions will be done.

Ben's mouse is the Bezier curve unless it changed. You should set up an SVN so that people like Yakman and others could try to help, unless you don't want to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobarkinator View Post
    Ben's mouse is the Bezier curve unless it changed. You should set up an SVN so that people like Yakman and others could try to help, unless you don't want to help.
    I have been debating over this issue (with myself of course). On the one hand, it would be nice to have others who can critque, add comments, and in general help polish out the code. On the other, Scar is really the creation of Freddy1990, and if I released to source I would feel like I was minimalizing his work. I dont know, maybe that isn't a good enough reason for not posting the code, Ill have to give it some more thought.

Having read that, Im open to your opinions. if you guys really think my logic on this one is scewed, let me know. (Of course, if Freddy tells me not to release the source, thats it, I won't do it. Ill still develop, but Ill respect his wishes on this issue).

As a side note, do you think sourceforge would host a project like this? Or are there some other free svn hosts available (I really don't want the hassle of maintaining a server, and I am cheap)

(Another reason I am reluctant to release the source is because that would mean that I need to start adding more comments... My code follows a school standard I learned pretty good, but I just never liked commenting code. It makes sense to me )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

1) Don't worry about Freddy, there's plenty of people here who aren't smart enough, don't have enough time, or will plain refuse to learn C++.

2) Setting up a SVN would definitely be wise; this would advance far faster.

3) RS cheating at a something of a rock bottom concerning new innovations; a new compiled alternative could give some new life to the scene.

4) If you release the code, I'll be able to figure out those little detailey things that you're 'supposed' to do, but nobody really tells you how to do.

EDIT:

Ever seen a .exe come up with a pop-up window asking to allow you to connect to a website?
    Yeah. It's called a firewall.
    Interested in C# and Electrical Engineering? This might interest you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've created an SVN, but it will not be public. If you want to help out, send me a PM or respond here and Ill be glad to let you join. Ill ask you one simple question and if you pass it, you can join (it will be a basic C++ question, just somewhat of a filter, it will take about 10 secs for you to answer if you know c++)

*W00t added comments (oh the pain!) so at least someone might be able to figure this out*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Having read that, Im open to your opinions. if you guys really think my logic on this one is scewed, let me know. (Of course, if Freddy tells me not to release the source, thats it, I won't do it. Ill still develop, but Ill respect his wishes on this issue).
    dont let freddy control you like that, he has control of scar, that doesnt give him the right to control every other colour-clicker ever made,
    there were colour-clickers before scar, there were ones made after scar.

no reason why sourceforge wouldnt host it, there is also www.assembla.com which hosts svns, but i think sourceforge would be better

i really think open source would be the upmost importance for a project like this,
    one good reason is you (boberman) simply dont have enough time/energy to do everything, its a purely volentering project, and open source allows other people to help you,

you might say there arnt many people who know c++, but another thing open source does it help people learn, so eventually they could help you,
    and it doesnt take that much knowledge to fix some bugs

also i think any svn you make, it should be public enough that anyone can just checkout, without going through the hassle of asking you to add them to the list,
    think of a shop, its always much easier to buy something, then it is to return it,
    like with wikipedia, to contribute, its fairly easy to just press the [edit] button and fix
    Join the Official SRL IRC channel. Learn how to Here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

If you don't plan on releasing the source then I would say don't even do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yakman View Post
    dont let freddy control you like that, he has control of scar, that doesnt give him the right to control every other colour-clicker ever made,
    there were colour-clickers before scar, there were ones made after scar.

no reason why sourceforge wouldnt host it, there is also www.assembla.com which hosts svns, but i think sourceforge would be better

i really think open source would be the upmost importance for a project like this,
    one good reason is you (boberman) simply dont have enough time/energy to do everything, its a purely volentering project, and open source allows other people to help you,

you might say there arnt many people who know c++, but another thing open source does it help people learn, so eventually they could help you,
    and it doesnt take that much knowledge to fix some bugs

also i think any svn you make, it should be public enough that anyone can just checkout, without going through the hassle of asking you to add them to the list,
    think of a shop, its always much easier to buy something, then it is to return it,
    like with wikipedia, to contribute, its fairly easy to just press the [edit] button and fix
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, this project really isn't THAT hard. Ill admit that certain aspects of it are more difficult (DTM's and Bitmaps from strings) but most of the functions are just straight calls to the windows API.

That said, my mouse is delicately hoovering over the public button (I am using assembla). The part of me that wants to keep it private is slowly being wained.

Meh, alright, you guys talked me into it. The source is available at http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/ScarPP

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smartzkid View Post

EDIT:

Yeah. It's called a firewall.
    Oh c'mon you know where I'm talking about .

I really think that the core functions should be a .dll meaning that people who don't want to learn C++ can still use the functions in other languages .

Of course people will learn from this project, but making SRL for a c++ version will be a pain in the ass I guess..
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Of course people will learn from this project, but making SRL for a c++ version will be a pain in the ass I guess..
    Not really, we have all the SRL source code available, it takes like 2 seconds to rewrite them into c++ and 3 if you want to make them run a bit faster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not really, we have all the SRL source code available, it takes like 2 seconds to rewrite them into c++ and 3 if you want to make them run a bit faster
    If you say so .. I'm trying to say that the rewriting is a big job.. But the updating is even worse.. x)
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Big job, yes, hard job, no. Updating shouldn't be too bad as SVN supports the ability to see a change log. Once we get the SRL portion written I hope that the SRL team would consider adopting the C++ code and maintain it side by side. If not, updates usually aren't to huge.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information