Thread: HowTo Make Your Autoing Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default HowTo Make Your Autoing Army

NOTE: After SRL is updated, some of the scripts mentioned in this guide may not work as well anymore, or better scripts may pop up. If that happens, please post a suggestion as to what I can add/change. EDIT: SRL has been updated since, and I have also updated this script. If there's any outdated scripts still on there, please let me know.

Hey everyone. This guide will teach you how to make your very own army, along with what to do with it, how to train it, etc.

What is an ‘Army’?

An Army is basically the RS characters that you use SCAR with. Generally consisting of 5+ characters, these guys are the ones that are on RS all day and night, busting their backs so you can rack up the rewards.

So How Do I Get an Army?

I’ll go through this lengthy process with you with steps Get ready to make your army, train your army, and finally…The Last Part <- Sounds fun eh?

Step 1 – Making Your Army

Download Elkins121/TheVoiceInYourHead’s RS Account Creator (EDIT: I believe it is outdated now. Just do it manually, it's just as fast nowadays). Use this amazing tool to create your army. I recommend 5-8 characters. When you make names, try to make something with a double nickname (ex: Jamesgames, Bobbyvobby, etc.). This way, randoms will be found easily and efficiently. It shouldn’t matter what their passwords are, you can make them all the same if you want. I suggest saving these details to a text file (featured in the account creator), this way you’ll never forget them.

Step 2 – Tutorial Island

This will probably be the most boring part of the whole process – Tutorial Island… At the moment, there are no flawless tut runners. If you really want one, try out Pure1993's or lordsaturn's Tut Runners in the scripts section under Tutorial Island Runners. In my personal experience, it has only completely run about 2 (out of around 15-20) characters completely through Tut Island (Tut runners are extremely hard to make ). I hear some people are working on tut runners, so this process might become easier soon enough. However, till then, you probably should run the characters through yourself. It takes around 10 minutes per characters, so you shouldn’t be at it for much longer than an hour if you’re doing it manually.

Step 3 – Preparing Your Army

Now, this is my personal way of doing it, you can do whatever suits you best. Do this with each of your characters – Run to the Lumbridge Castle Bank on the third floor of the castle, withdraw your coins and deposit your axe, pick, and net, run to Al-Kharid (through the gates, pay 10gp), go to the general store, sell everything in your inventory, go across the street (or whatever it is ) to the scimitar shop. Once there, buy 1-2 iron scimmies and 1 bronze scimmy. Equip the iron scimmy, run back through the gate with some of the remaining money, and start going north. Once you reach the chicken pen, change your scimmy’s attack style option to the third one (controlled), go into the chicken pen, and log out (do all this with all of your characters as mentioned before).

Step 4 – Leveling Your Army

Your whole army should be at the chicken pen with an iron scimmy equipped (on attack mode 4). Now, for the script…

Registered Users

Sorry, you’re out of luck. There’s not much you can do with just the Free For All scripts (In fact, this whole tutorial you won’t be able to do anything, so just wait till you’re a Jr. Member atleast )

Junior Members

Run munk’s Forefeathers for about 4 days straight. Your characters will be looping, so you needn’t worry about getting banned (if you have 6 characters, each will only be on 4 hours a day). With Forefeathers, if you set your characters up the way I said above, you need to make a small edit to make it work with the method.

Open Forefeathers, and on the Function List on the right of the actual script click ‘AttackMode’. Now do this (DON’T COPY/PASTE THIS, just make the edits, I made some edits other than the ones labeled so Registered Users couldn’t use it to their benefit )…

SCAR Code:
    function AttackMode:boolean;
    var
      i,mode,att,str,def:integer;
    begin
      if not(loggedIn) then exit;
      result:=true;
      if (timefrommark()>60000)or(not players[CurrentPlayer]booleans[2]) then
      begin
        gametab(2);
        wait(250+random(250));
        att:=getskillinfo('attack',false);
        str:=getskillinfo('strength',false);
        def:=getskilinfo('defence',false);
        if dbug then writln(inttostr(att)+'inttostr(players[CurrentPlayer].integers[3])+'' +attack');
        if dbug then writeln(inttostr(str)+'/'+inttostr(players[CurrentPlayer].integers[4])+' strength');
        if dbug then writeln(inttostr(def)+'/'+inttostr(players[CurrentPlayer].integers[5])+' defence');
        if players[CurrentPlayer].integers[5]>def then
          if (players[CurrentPlayer].integers[3]<=att)or(def <= att) then
            if (players[CurrentPlayer].integers[4]<=str)or(def <= str) then
              mode:=3; //change this number to 3
        if players[CurrentPlayer].integers[3]>att then
          if (players[CurrentPlayer].integers[4]<=str)or(att <= str) then
            if (players[CurrentPlayer].integers[5]<=def)or(att <= def) then
              mode:=3; //change this number to 3
        if players[CurrentPlayer].integers[4]>str then
          if (players[CurrentPlayer].integers[3]<=att)or(str <= att) then
            if (players[CurrentPlayer].integers[5]<=def)or(str <= def) then
              mode:=3; // and change this number to 3
        gametab(1);
        wait(250+radom(250));
        if dbug then writeln('setting mode: 'inttostr(mode));
        if mode>0 then
          setfightmode(mode)
        else
          result:=false;
        marktime(a);
        players[CurrentPlayer].booleans[2]:=true;
      end;
    end;

And set up your player array like this
    SCAR Code:
    Players[0].Name := 'username'; //username
        Players[0].Pass := 'password'; //password
        Players[0].Nick := 'ord'; //3-4 letters from your username
        Players[0].integers[3] := 0; // attack
        Players[0].integers[4] := 99; // strength
        Players[0].integers[5] := 0;  // defence
        Players[0].Active := True;

(Just don’t change it for other than the username/password/Nick)

To make more players, all you need to do is keep copy/pasting the thing while changing the Players[0] part. Don’t forget to edit the HowManyPlayers thing too. This is what 3 players would look like

SCAR Code:
    procedure declarePlayers;
      begin
        HowManyPlayers := 3;  //NOTICE I CHANGED THE HOWMANYPLAYERS
        NumberOfPlayers(HowManyPlayers);
        CurrentPlayer := 0;

Players[0].Name := ''; //username
        Players[0].Pass := ''; //password
        Players[0].Nick := ''; //3-4 letters from your username
        Players[0].integers[3] := 0; // attack
        Players[0].integers[4] := 99; // strength
        Players[0].integers[5] := 0;  // defence
        Players[0].Active := True;

Players[1].Name := ''; //username
        Players[1].Pass := ''; //password
        Players[1].Nick := ''; //3-4 letters from your username
        Players[1].integers[3] := 0; // attack
        Players[1].integers[4] := 99; // strength
        Players[1].integers[5] := 0;  // defence
        Players[1].Active := True;

Players[2].Name := ''; //username
        Players[2].Pass := ''; //password
        Players[2].Nick := ''; //3-4 letters from your username
        Players[2].integers[3] := 0; // attack
        Players[2].integers[4] := 99; // strength
        Players[2].integers[5] := 0;  // defence
        Players[2].Active := True;

end;

So, as I said, just let ‘er rip for 3-5 days.

(By the way, munk, if you have any objections to the pieces of script posted above, feel free to say so )

SRL Members

Run Tarajunky’s ChickenKiller for 3-5 days. If you used the above method with setting up your players, just change the option of not changing your attack style to true.

Step 5 – Starting to Skill

All your characters should be around 30-40ish combat now, and have a nice load of feathers. Put those on the GE to sell so you can buy Picks, Axes, or whatever else you need.

Now, time to choose a skill! Eventually, maybe you can progress to more than one skill. Time to explain each suitable autoing skill.

Woodcutting – There aren’t too many good scripts for this, but just for one certain script, this skill is all worth it – Trollvete’s Chop and Drop or Stock Powerchonker. Flawless, perfect, and undetectable if used appropriately (EDIT: Since I wrote this, it's not that great anymore, but still OK, I would suggest switching to Nicbaz's Chop Chop if you want though). This script could get you from 1-99 eventually. The downside of woodcutting is that it’s probably the most watched skill, by both players and Jagex. It used to be known for the level 3 bots with default clothes, and people still look for autoers woodcutting today.

Mining – There are a ton of decent scripts for this. It’s tough to find a good powerminer to start with. But once you reach around level 40 you can start using some VEMs (Varrock East Miners). Masterkill, The[Cheese], and Wizzup (for SRL Members), have all made quality VEMs. Though you’re pretty much stuck at the VEM until you can guildmine. Nonetheless, still a good choice.

Fishing – Without Wizzup, I wouldn’t even mention this skill As far as I know, his Draynor Netter (Now outdated , but Method has made a pretty good one EDIT2: Drafish by noidea is good too I believe) and Edgeville fisher are the only decent scripts for fishing – but they’re nice! Fishing is a good choice because most legit players do something else while fishing, whether it be browsing the ‘net, watching TV, playing a game, etc. Nobody will give your autoer a hard time for not responding to them (well, to an extent). Along with that – it’s cheap! No Rune stuff, etc. Just Nets, Rods, and maybe some feathers/bait!

Other decent skills (Cooking, Runecrafting, Firemaking) all kind of require some money to start with (raw food, ess, logs). Cooking you can do if you choose fishing (with the raw fish), Runecrafting you can do if you use mining, if you mine ess (You can use Wizzup's or JuKKa's EssMiner's, and theres a few Rune Mysteries runners out there too), and Firemaking you can do if you woodcut. So basically, pick one of the main three skills and you’ll have another skill to add on later.

Picked your skill yet? Well, if you have, read on.

Step 6 – The Longest Part

This Step will be divided into sections on the three main skills (I may add the other secondary skills on later, but chances are I’ll be too lazy )…

Woodcutting

As I said in the descriptions, Trollvete’s Cut and Drop or Stock Powerchonker is amazing (and is the only thing you need for woodcutting). Download it and set it up.

EDIT: Another choice would be Nicbaz' Chop Chop, only for willows though.

Level 1-15

Find a good spot around Varrock. Plenty of Normal Trees along with Oak’s for 15-35. auto there till your army is at around 15 woodcutting.

Level 15-35

Cut Oaks till level 35 (not 30, since willows = slow at 30). Again, anywhere around Varrock.

Level 35-75

Willows! Now, you can jump right into the banking part if you want, or you can find a remote place where you can drop the willows (such as Lumby). When you’re are 75, I suggest you stop woodcutting. At around this level, Jagex watches accounts more closely. It’d be a good idea to move onto another skill or to stop autoing all together.

Mining

Level 1-30

The toughest part… You can try Timothegreat’s QuickPowerMiner, but it's tough. Then again, 1-30 shouldn’t take that long, so you should be OK using it (might take a few tries though, it won't run too long). OR, if an essminer is out by the time you’re reading this (Update: JuKKa's essminer is very good), you can complete the Rune Mysteries Quest (use one of the Rune Mysteries Runners) on your army and start ess mining.

Level 30-65

VEM Iron. Using MasterKill’s VEM, The[Cheese]’s VEM, or Wizzup’s VEM (SRL Members+), mine iron. All are quality scripts that are probably capable of running 24 hours with 6 players.

Again, at around this level in mining Jagex will watch you closer, since you are now able to mine in the guild. You can keep going till 70, but as far as I know there aren’t any great guild miners still around (When I had guildminer’s, I used JuKKa’s, but with SMART around and everything I don’t think many people will have the patience to use ScarScape, there’s always VMs though).

Fishing

Level 1-30

Using Method's Draynor Fish Trawler, get your level up to 30 so you can fly fish at Edgeville.

Level 30-65

Time to Fly Fish at Edgeville with Wizzup’s Edgeville Fisher! Problem is, to fly fish you need feathers, so money might become a slight object. You can either spend some of the money that you got from selling feathers to buy feathers, or go back to the chicken pens to get a few k of feathers. Again, stopping at around 65-70 is recommended.

Step 7 – The Last Part <- Woohoo! Fun

Why did you make your army? To get rich on your main? To make some IRL cash by selling your autoers/their products (please tell me if I’m not allowed to talk about that, not that I’ll go into great detail)? Just for fun? Well, now is the time to finish it off. Personally, my next army will be to exchange for a good main account (Sorry to say, but I’ll be doing so on Sythe.org O_o). If you want to transfer your items, check out my transferring guide (BH would probably be the best. Tbh, after hanging around Sythe.org for a bit, BH doesn’t seem that hard). If you did this just for fun, well, there ya go . If you were looking to sell products/characters….Well I said I wouldn’t go into great detail.

So…Happy Autoing

Suggestions, words of thanks, and thread ratings are always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice and salmon is lvl 30, really good guide!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sirlaughsalot View Post
    Nice and salmon is lvl 30, really good guide!
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

W0ot! You mentioned my program . Thanks mate!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

nice guide rep for u! i will use this for my army hehe
    http://www.youtube.com/user/YoHoJoSRL
    Good scripting guides on youtube
    Formerly known as (djcheater)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheVoiceInYourHead View Post
    W0ot! You mentioned my program . Thanks mate!
    It is very ub3r np

Quote Originally Posted by djcheater View Post
    nice guide rep for u! i will use this for my army hehe
    Ty, Have fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im Starting on this now, just making the accounts manuely, sorry if i double posted,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Omg. Another great tutorial by Runescapian! thanks man ur tut's really help me, I'm new to autoing so i need lots of good pointers, im also planning on using all your tips here but later on when i become a junior member. Atm im just trying to lvl up my main to a lvl 80 or so in combat before i start other things :P well thanks for the tips mate.

Also one thing i really like about your tutorials, u fully explain everything, some tutorials are short and hurried, you, as you posted, wrote 6 pages. lol keep up the good work man! soon imma be a runescape billionare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cool im gonna use this when my main gets banned...trust me its inevitable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Updated a bit, mentioned which scripts don't work anymore, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice guide

To all Jr.Membs, There is a guide made by me on HowTo transfer stuff in Bh..

Runescapian do you have an army? :O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by N1ke! View Post

Nice guide

To all Jr.Membs, There is a guide made by me on HowTo transfer stuff in Bh..

Runescapian do you have an army? :O
    Yeah, it used to be 6 players, but now it's only 4 since two got banned somehow Currently I'm giving them a 2 day break or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice guide, however with only Free-for-all scripts available to me atm it a shame i cant use it to its full capacity, however when i can i will be sure to post another comment :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for this guide/tut as soon as i am a junior member im going to try this out. thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol nice ur own autoing army now thats funny =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank's helped a ton rather then people just posting questions about it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only thing that sucks is that I am not a junior member yet, but from what I gather, this is a really good way to auto.

I just need to go find a BH transfer guide. I still don't quite understand it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice guide. Not too long and it gives lots of options for different scripts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nagrom1700 View Post
    Nice guide. Not too long and it gives lots of options for different scripts
    Stop gravedigging. That thread is like..a year old and There is no longer any use of army other than to test scripts for extended periods of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

good guide, very useful
    increased my understanding of an autoing army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't gravedig... This is nearly 2 years old.

Someone close this please, it isn't useful and doesn't apply to current RS/SRL.

Thread Information