Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Making millions to 99 magic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Default Making millions to 99 magic

Guide by Griff721

I'd really appreciate it if you would post on the thread and tell me what you liked and what you didn't like, because I would love to keep this guide nice and updated, and always improving.

Hey, all! I have been playing Runescape for many, many years now, and I am finally going to write down much of my knowledge into this guide to making millions, and then making that into 99 magic. So here we go, with the money part...

I've decided to make the table of contents based on the attributes of Griff721. To find what you need, press ctrl f, and then type in the key word to get to where you want.
    1. Making money with fishing. [amazing]
    2. Making money with mining. [awesome]
    3. Making money with woodcutting. [sexy]
    4. Making money with runecrafting. [hot]
    5. Making money with farming. [scriptacular]
    6. Merchanting [balla']
    7. Getting 99 magic! [OMFGBBQ]

Step 1
    Making your money with skills
    The real rule here is, you need money to make money.So off I go with some methods of making your very first 100k, some for members, some for free users. You may find some autoers that will help you out, most if which will be in juinor members section. (Or members, I wouldn't know XD.)

Fishing... [Amazing]

levels 1-25
    No money making here, just leveling, which will go by pretty fast. Grab your handy fishing net, and head over to Draynor village, and fish like crazy. The one big thing about fishing you have to remember is, don't cook the fish. They are worth WAY more raw.
    NOTE in junior members scripts, Wizzup?'s works like a charm for this.

levels 25-60

Believe it or not, with only 25 fishing, you can start to make some money!
    Get a fly fishing rod, and buy some feathers (only 4gp each), and head to barbarian village. Fish trout, (and salmon when you get 30 fishing) here, and bank in edgeville. This methode will get insanely fast with the higher fishing. This should be used to 60 fishing.

levels 60-99 f2p 60-85 members
    Lobsers, lobsters, more lobsters. These are worth around 300 coins each! Wow! If you are f2p, then you only have 1 choice, karamja, and banking in draynor. IF you are members, use Catherby to level 68, then fishing guild.

If getting 85 fishing is seeming slow, try getting a good fly fisher on. Wizzup?'s works well, and makes some money. It will propel you to 85 fishing.

85-99 members
    If you are a member with 85 fishing, its time for monkfish! You might think, what? I can do this at a lower level. But you will catch monkfish so slow, that it is very slow money, and can get extremely frustrating. Once you get around 90 fishing, sharks will be faster money, but slower xp.

Mining! [awesome]

VERY popular skill in the game. This will get you soo much money, and the best thing is, its the exact same for f2p and members!!!

levels 1-21

Not much to do here, just powermine copper and tin, not relly worth banking. Don't bother getting iron pick, but steel is highly recommended

levels 21-65

Pull out your mith pick, and go at the iron, at the varrock east mine, and bank it. If you want fast money, it's crucial that you always upgrade you pick whenever you can! This gets such fast money at such a low level, its kind of crazy!

levels 65-85
    This is where the mining guild will be your best friend. It is so close to falador bank its very nice. Id recomend 65 before coming here, as its nice to get the coal that much faster. (Note that even though at 65 mining, coal is faster money, iron is still faster exp!!!)

levels 85+
    If you have achieved 85 mining congrats! Mine runite until you drop. When you drop, admire all your money!

Woodcutting [sexy]

I will put a wcing guide in here, but I it doesn't really make that much money... Until you get like 80 woodcutting and can cut magics...

levels 1-15
    Only got 1 choice, normal logs. Make sure to upgrade to steel axe when you can...

levels 15-35

Oaks, and oaks, and oaks! Still dont make much money, but keep going for 35, because willows are decent.

35-70

Its all about the willows, here. Head over to draynor village, and take down those willows! Willows are worth a fair amount of money, and should get you your 100k.

70-99 if f2p, 70-80 if members
    Now it is time to go for the awaited yew trees! Many people will rush into it at level 60, but it kills you trying to get about 1 load of yews at level 60! You will actually start to make good money now.

80-99 if members
    Ok, so grats, you can make serious money now!
    It is very simple: cut magics as fast as you can, you make 30k in 1 load!

Runecrafting... Members only!! [hot]

Though runecrafting is f2p too, you can't really make too much money. My advice! Pure essence is worth 146 now, but wait to runecraft and buy ess until the price goes down... Jukka recently released his ess miner, and its getting more and more popular. The price will go down soon enough...

levels 1-27

You can just make many, many airs. Uh oh, leves 1-21 will lose money!! But don't worry, you will make it up in later levels in a heartbeat.

27-35
    Cosmic rune time! You will start to make some good money here! Try and use the abyss for this rune, as it is much faster.

35-44
    Chaos rune time. Try and hang in there, you are almost at the long awaited nature rune!

44-59
    Congrats! This methode of making money is one of my favorates!!! You can make over 200k and hour, if you use the abyss. Happy crafting!

59-91
    Now you can make double cosmics, nice! You may not want to change your ways of nature runes, but its worth it!

91-99
    Doubles nature runes!!!!!!!! This is like the rune ore of runecrafting. This is voted(just me of course) the fastest way to make money in the game!!

Farming Members only [scriptacular]

levels 1-32
    Not much to say, just plant the best herb, seed, and fruit you can.

32-56

nice, you can grow ranarrs! Buy the seeds for 20k each, and sell the herb for 6k each. Remember always use supercompost, and you can make up to 80k per patch!!!

levels 56-62
    Make kwuarms, this will get you a bunch of cash!! They sell for 4k each herb, but the seeds are much cheaper!

62-85
    Snapdragons, againg and more! IF you wanted a goal seed that is reasonable, this would be it.

85-99
    Torstoals. This will get soo much its, amazing. Grats on reaching this far.

Step 2
    100k +++

Gratz on your first 100k! You can continue the above, and still make a bunch of money. Heres a secttion on making money with money.

Merchanting [balla']

One of my favorite things to do is merchanting. You might be thinking now, 'WHAT, YOU CAN'T MERCHANT WITH THE TRADE LIMIT!'. Well my friend, you can. Many people have forgotten one great part of merchanting. IT is when you buy an item, ans using a skill, you turn it into something else. (Like buying logs, and turning them into bows).

So first thing you can do here is making bow strings! You can either pick or buy the flax, and then make it into bow strings. If you pick the flax,you profit around 190gp per. If you buy it, then arounf 90 per.
    NOTE you get crafting exp when you make into bowstring, but no exp when you pick the flax.

Mith bars. Buy the mith and coal, and make it into bars. Don't make weps and armour, just sell the bars. Don't mine the mith either, it takes too long to be profitable. Mine the coal if you want to, and you have 65+ mining.

This next one all depends on the price of things. Make sure to check out all the prices before you do this. Fletching yew longs, and selling them. Currently, if you did this, youd lose money. But, with the GE prices changing so often, maybe in a week or 2, this might work.

99 MAGIC!!! [OMFGBBQ]

So, you have put so much effort into making the money. Now, get ready to reward yourself with 99 magic!!

From 1-11
    Not much to do.. Just wind strike whatever you fell like pwning.

levels 11-19
    Get full iron and green vambs, and head over to the lumby cows. Stand on the other side of the fence, then continue weakening the cows. With full iron, you will almost never successfully hit, so you can continue casting it over and over again, gaining huge exp. With dhide, you will always miss!

Levels 19-55 f2p 19-45 members
    Same as above, but use curse instead. This takes such a shorter time than you would expect.
    Note, crumble undead, at level 39 is faster to level up if you are doing it manually, but harder to auto! Thanks for the tip, rohan393!

Levels 45-55 for members
    Get some law runes and an air staff, and repeatedly cast camelot teleport. This is an awesome way to level up fast!

55-99 f2p 55-80 members
    This is time for the famous high alching. What to high alch? Steel plates and yew longbows are probably best.

80-99 Members

Remember those cursing days? Get back to your spell puppet, and use stun on them until you go insane, or you get 99 magic.

Now there are a few ways to make money while training magic! These aren't as fast exp, but hey, your making money while training! Thanks to Aequix, I now have some of these ideas.

The Lunar Spell Humidify (Level 68), requires 1 astral rune per cast - 148gp currently - if you have a steam battlestaff. If this is combined with 27 vials per cast, then it will fill these vials, resulting in an overall profit of +257gp per cast.

Profit = (((# Vials)*(Filled Vial - Empty Vial))-Astral Rune)Another Lunar Spell - Superglass Make, it turns every paired bucket of sand and seaweed / soda ash in inventory into a piece of Molten Glass, with a random bonus of 0 - 9 extra molten glass. As of right now each cast can vary from -296gp per cast, to +3061gp per cast. Although there is a chance you can lose cash here - there is also the chance (greater I believe) to gain money.

Profit = ((-2*Astral Rune)+(# of Pairs*((Seaweed + Bucket of Sand) - Molten Glass)))+(# of Bonus Glass*Molten Glass))There are even more methods - for instance crafting Orbs can be highly profitable, making Teletabs in a POH, or even Bones to Peaches Tabs.

Another cool idea about making money while training comes from We run u.s. If you high alch any summoning pouch over level 59 summoning, and you buy the nature rune for about 210, you make a profit! Cool! But to do this, it is required to make the pouch, not buy it.

A tip from Penguin posted a link to a video. If you buy a certain pouch, and then talk to a guy who turns them all into shards, you get a profit! I'll post the video with details. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KmVadBlmAc

A tip from J_Pizzle says that you can use telegrab to get wine of zamorak, which gets a profit while training.

I hope you enjoyed this guide to money then 99 magic by griff721! I had fun writing this, and I hope you have fun with your money and 99 mage! Please post anything I can add, or spelling mistakes. I am quite certain I had some grammar errors in there somewhere... Oh jeez I Probably spelt something wrong in that sentence...
    And don't for get to rep++ if you like it!
    Peace
    Griff721

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

are you sure its best to curse 19-45? you can only curse each cow once... bolt maybe?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Jack, the point is in the armour, the spell fails so you get XP and can repeat it.

Griff, no way that the 100k would be enough for 99 magic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

n3ss3s, you clearly didnt read the rest of the guide. That is your very first 100k, it then explains how to make more money with that money. Or you can just keep using those methods if you like them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think its funny how you tell us to get to like 99 mining them tell us how to make more money lol by that piont you wouldhave a hell of a lot more than 100k 1-60 mining on iron gets you about 200k
    Blank!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About wc part:
    Willows never sell. At least for me. Even with lowest price. So cutting willows isn't good way to make money unless you got someone to buy your willows.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

"Making millions to 99 magic" now to me that means making money _while_ getting your magic XP up. Not how to level fishing, mining, woodcutting, runecrafting & farming to 99 for the money to get to 99 magic.

Maybe try to focus on the main tile more and add more things you can do to get 99 magic.
    Just a thought...
    (Scripts outdated until I update for new SRL changes)
    AK Smelter & Crafter [SRL-Stats] - Fast Fighter [TUT] [SRL-Stats]
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ I will NOT respond. -Narcle
    Summer = me busy, won't be around much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

name one way you can make money while getting magic exp....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by griff721 View Post
    High alch?
    ~Eerik~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Exactly there really isn't any? So thread name isn't really correct imo. I do believe you make money doing the Mage Training place and selling infinity stuff, but its time consuming.

Edit:
    Or maybe show a system. Like for exampling cutting your own logs or spinning your own flax to spin. Then you fletch it all for Yew Longs to alch. Or runecrafting then buy the other supplies. Or do all of them. Stuff like that perhaps?
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ I will NOT respond. -Narcle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

your right, that method is very time consuming. But, the thread name is making millions TO 99 magic. That means that first, it will teach you how to make the money to do so, then the fastest, easiest, and cheapest way to use the money yo 99 magic. I don't wanna argue, cause your a member, and would prolly show me up

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

your right, that method is very time consuming. But, the thread name is making millions TO 99 magic. That means that first, it will teach you how to make the money to do so, then the fastest, easiest, and cheapest way to use the money yo 99 magic. I don't wanna argue, cause your a member, and would prolly show me up
    Nah, its your guide. I can make suggestions but only you can choose whether to put it in the guide or change it etc.

Just like when people make suggestions for me to change my script. Its my choice to add/change it around.

Mainly I was just annoyed how the thread name is kinda a trick. Like I thought someone found how to level magic XP decently fast while making money. But I doubt anybody would tell a whole community about something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

hmmm I look it over now, and it is kinda deceiving lol. I'll see if I can find any way to lvl magic while making millions.... if griff cant do it no one can!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss3s View Post
    Jack, the point is in the armour, the spell fails so you get XP and can repeat it.

Griff, no way that the 100k would be enough for 99 magic...
    Yes I know, but when using Curse, which the guide recommends on levels 19-45, a repeat attack is not possible because the cow has already been weakened...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Jack, when the spell fails, nothing happens to the cow, so it doesn't get weakened, allowing you to keep repeating the spell. IF you wear the armour recommended, then you will always fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It didn't work for me griff, I was wearing full iron with kite. Try it out.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Please don't tell me I gotta do like 300k stuns Any fast way for 99magic while only spending around 10m?
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alch like 200k yew longs =]... run a alcher in your house and turn chat off...I doubt jagex will catch you there.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

200k alchs will take around 200 hours. Any faster way?
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

soz, alchs is the best blend of fastest and cheapest to 99. Stun would be faster, but way more expensive. With yew longs, you only lose about 200gp per anyways.
    BTW I know that Blumblebee is making a high alcher right now....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddo View Post
    i think its funny how you tell us to get to like 99 mining them tell us how to make more money lol by that piont you wouldhave a hell of a lot more than 100k 1-60 mining on iron gets you about 200k
    Actually 15-60 mining iron gets you closer to 700k..

Sorry griff, i didn't find this guide at all useful. Seemed very logical to me..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

mmk orange, sorry it didn't help.. Hopefully it will help some less experienced players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very nice tut! But will you lose much money when alching with steelplates?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

200k alchs will take around 200 hours. Any faster way?
    well i have 2 methods,

Cheaper:blue d hide bodies cost 10-20gp per alch when buying every thing at mid, yew longs cost like 100

Faster:if you dont want points, and can afford it, do the alching in MTA, you get full xp plus for every coin you turn in, you get double the xp, so if i turn in 1k coins, i get 2k extra. so if your doing the items at 30gp, you get 150xp per alch.

or do the enchantment arena, fast enchantments at only the price of a cosmic

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information