Thread: What Should i make for SRL Member's ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default What Should i make for SRL Member's ?

Hey guys i think its time im gonna make my first good script. I just dont know what to make im not that great but i think i should be ok. Ill prob ask for some help along the way but im gonna try my hardest. Just dont make it to hard or i might lose my head and smash the computer.

Any suggestions ?
    Non-Members too

Thanks Marzey

-Currently learning script
    Marzey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Are you asking us what the script should do or suggestions on how to get in?

Records and Types Save Code (and make you look better)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzup? View Post
    Is it possible to make Runescape a 2D game with this?... That would greatly simplify... Just about anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im asking what script some of u's would like and its gotta be good enough to get into Srl Members with but no so hard it takes 1000's of hours lol.

Marzey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Just make sure its not to simple and all the right coding standards!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/YoHoJoSRL
    Good scripting guides on youtube
    Formerly known as (djcheater)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcheater View Post
    Just make sure its not to simple and all the right coding standards!
    Yeah but what script should i make miner ? Cutter ?
    P.S how come you havnt got members you like like 600 posts ??

Marzey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

I tried to get in but my script was to simple, didn't have enough failsafes etc!

I think they just want to see that you know how to script so it really donst matter,as long as it its like a simple power miner/ chopper!

But why not a do a unusual script ie, herb or farming script
    http://www.youtube.com/user/YoHoJoSRL
    Good scripting guides on youtube
    Formerly known as (djcheater)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcheater View Post
    I tried to get in but my script was to simple, didn't have enough failsafes etc!

I think they just want to see that you know how to script so it donst matter,

But why not a do a unusual script ie, herb or farming script

Awk thanks mate ill keep that in mind.

Marzey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think therea an absence of miners atm try a coal miner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

How about a edgevil yew cutter and banker. Make it have anti-randoms(ent as well) anti-ban. Lots of fail-safes. TPA's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

it isent about the number of post, just look at mine. also edge cutter would be good.
    Did someone say GDK?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

My first app was an powerminer. I did not get in.
    My second app was an smelter. This time I did get in.

We does not really care about what the script does. We care about activity, scripting with srl experience, attitude, and that the script is neat looking. Don't make a 200 lined procedure, when a 20 lined procedure do exactly the same.

I know someone who got in with an clay softner and banker. It was a simple script but it did the job fast, had many failsafes and was neat looking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zytex!
    I know someone who got in with an clay softner and banker. It was a simple script but it did the job fast, had many failsafes and was neat looking.
    Wasn't that PvH?

I suggest a Rimmington multi miner? Iron, or gold or whatever other ores they have there. I think thats like a garentee to get you in, of course if it is made well.
    Quote Originally Posted by irc
    [00:55:29] < Guest3097> I lol at how BenLand100 has become noidea
    [01:07:40] <@BenLand100> i'm not noidea i'm
    [01:07:44] -!- BenLand100 is now known as BenLand42-
    [01:07:46] <@BenLand42-> shit
    [01:07:49] -!- BenLand42- is now known as BenLand420
    [01:07:50] <@BenLand420> YEA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylesmadness View Post
    How about a edgevil yew cutter and banker. Make it have anti-randoms(ent as well) anti-ban. Lots of fail-safes. TPA's.
    I like that I think that is the one Im gonna start on it. Thanks everyone for all ur suggestions and coments I'll set to work.

Marzey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

working agility script!! barbarian one plx
    Currently Working on: Runite Miner W/ World Hop (Fally) 80% complete

Next: Advanced Gnome Agility Course!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wazzzup View Post
    working agility script!! barbarian one plx

Sorry ive decided yew cutter and banker At edgevill

Marzey

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marzey View Post
    Sorry ive decided yew cutter and banker At edgevill
    TBH, I don't care what the script does. If it shows you know everything needed, that is the only thing that matters.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had a rather lengthy edgeville yew cutter + banker using reflection. Due to it using reflection it got shot down rather quickly, even though i have pulled 20+ hour progress reports and the only random it doesn't solve is Surprise quiz. (And maze occasionally). Its not about how good your script is, its about how much SRL stuff you throw in there, they say its to test your knowledge of scripting but its 90+% to test knowing how to use the srl include. Which uhm, isn't up to date now on some important issues (Mysterious box) and needs to be fixed or backed with reflection (hah?. and that would be an instant no by half the members) see the irony here? Although there is a few who support reflection, and a decent share will still say yes if its properly backed 100% with srl/colors. I recommend throwing something together requiring using a lot of colors, dtms, ddtms, radial walking. and call it toss it in. -- Btw they expect scripts better then half of em can make themselves in my opinion.
    Current Project: Catching up on what I missed, re-writing some old includes I done in the past.
    Upcoming Project: Open For Suggestions

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seroko View Post
    I had a rather lengthy edgeville yew cutter + banker using reflection. Due to it using reflection it got shot down rather quickly, even though i have pulled 20+ hour progress reports and the only random it doesn't solve is Surprise quiz. (And maze occasionally). Its not about how good your script is, its about how much SRL stuff you throw in there, they say its to test your knowledge of scripting but its 90+% to test knowing how to use the srl include. Which uhm, isn't up to date now on some important issues (Mysterious box) and needs to be fixed or backed with reflection (hah?. and that would be an instant no by half the members) see the irony here? Although there is a few who support reflection, and a decent share will still say yes if its properly backed 100% with srl/colors. I recommend throwing something together requiring using a lot of colors, dtms, ddtms, radial walking. and call it toss it in. -- Btw they expect scripts better then half of em can make themselves in my opinion.
    Hahaha. IMO, you just ruined your choices of ever getting into SRL Members. I will now attempt to prove you wrong on all of your counts.

Due to it using reflection it got shot down rather quickly, even though i have pulled 20+ hour progress reports and the only random it doesn't solve is Surprise quiz. (And maze occasionally).
    We could care less how long the script lasts. That has been mentioned. The quality of the scripting (Technique) is most important. It was not exactly instantly shut down. It was suggested that you made colour back-ups, because it had looked like you knew nothing about the actual SRL include. You then proceded to argue the fact, and then ended up getting a ton of no votes due to attitude.

Its not about how good your script is, its about how much SRL stuff you throw in there, they say its to test your knowledge of scripting but its 90+% to test knowing how to use the srl include. Which uhm, isn't up to date now on some important issues (Mysterious box) and needs to be fixed or backed with reflection (hah?. and that would be an instant no by half the members) see the irony here?
    Yet another *Bite* as us. Sure, the box is broken, but it can be fixed quite easily. I'm sure the devs are testing it as we speak...
    Your knowledge of scripting includes knowing how to use the SRL include.. Which, if you don't show you know any of it, how do we know what you know? Just assume? How would you get in by every single member assuming you knew stuff? You don't, that is why you show us.

Although there is a few who support reflection, and a decent share will still say yes if its properly backed 100% with srl/colors.
    Everyone will say yes if it is backed with SRL and colour finding. If you show us that you can make a script with SRL backing, even if you use Reflection first, you will get in. If you show us a reflection script, and just go "Oh yeah, I can use SRL functions too though", we all vote no because nobody has proof you know it.

I recommend throwing something together requiring using a lot of colors, dtms, ddtms, radial walking. and call it toss it in.
    Or, you could stop wasting your time by bitching, and write a script with colour backing.. At Marzey, if you make a script with colour that works, and uses the things mentioned (DDTM, TPA, RRW, the such), you will get in.

-- Btw they expect scripts better then half of em can make themselves in my opinion.
    Yet another shitty *bite* at the people who can determine your future here. Why can't you just learn to shut your mouth, take it, and prove us wrong? And if all members expect things higher than they could make, it would leave nobody in members, so therefore how the fuck is that possible? All members expect a script that includes TPAs, DDTMs, DTMs, RRW, Failsafes, Breaking out of loops, and those things.

So just take my advice, and shut up. If you really want members, come and prove us wrong. Show us your knowledge of colour. If not, just get out, we don't need people with that bad of an attitude here.

At Marzey. Follow the exact opposite of this guy, you will be for sure in.

Short form:

-Use SRL include, at least to back the script up
    -Failsafes
    -DDTM
    -RRW
    -TPA
    -Have a good attitude, don't try and diss the people who decide your future here
    -Good luck

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

So just take my advice, and shut up. If you really want members, come and prove us wrong. Show us your knowledge of colour. If not, just get out, we don't need people with that bad of an attitude here.
    Trust me. He isn't lieing! Rofl

Keep a good attitude and they will accept you. Most of your votes will come from scripting, but if people just don't like you, you'll never get in. I know from experience.
    FORMERLY BORN2CODE | Play Internet Games
    http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2084/sigg.png

Thread Information