Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Become an SRL Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This was very helpful to me, im making my app but it wont let me attatch....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Put it in code/scar tags. It makes evaluating apps faster if we can see the script right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

kk, i did that. Sorry if there are duplicates....i got a few errors and had to resubmit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much!! Most is common sense, but now Im sure that when Im ready, I'll really be ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the Tip.

I will be applying as soon as I am ready. It's always best not to rush anything as long as you have the time to do your absolute best!

Things I need to complete before applying:

*Finish Learning SCAR to a good extension.

*Complete my first SRL script and make a good high quality script.

*Start being an active member and good contributor of these forums!

Thanks~!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Icefire908 View Post
    It's always best not to rush anything as long as you have the time to do your absolute best!
    Good attitude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

tyvm tvm much needed badly i also dont think post count is very impotrant =)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The actual number of posts is not, but their content is. We need to get to know you, maturity level, intelligence, scripting ability, helpfulness, sense of humor, everything is shown in posts.

ronny.m.p Guest

Well this was very useful. I figure seince im here i might as well ask...any idea what happend to sythe.org?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I don't know, I believe there's a thread about it somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey thanks, it helped me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Good job, Boreas. I hope we can get some more people contributing, and not a bunch of "noobs" applying.

hakuna matata ;)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thanks. I think I see a little less useless apps now, but there are still people who manage to miss the stickys lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

So basically I've got no chance at becoming a member because there's no way i can make a RS script I've read countless tutorials and I am still pretty sure i couldn't make a RS script. i understand the tutorials but I don't think i could do one for Runescape any suggestions?
    Yes i am kind of new to SRL forums and if i ever do apply it won't be for a while but i have seen many scripts and still don't get how they work. suggestions greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The greatest journey starts with a single program new;....

It doesn't happen overnight. I think everyone was at the point where they could 'hello world' but reading a script was impossible. Bit by bit you will learn more and you'll be reading scripts like a book eventually. Look at part 1 of my FAQ (link in sig), get everything there, and look in the Massive SCAR Learning Package, in a folder called games. I started off writing scripts for those. When you are comfortable with techniques (color finding, mouse moving etc) you can move on to RS scripts. Then there are several tuts on how to write auto talkers, powerminers etc.

I think with scripting, being naturally good at math and logic etc does help a bit. But only a bit. Scripters are not born, they are made. I think anyone can learn to script, even with no previous programming experience (SCAR is my only full language).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got debuged ess miner now hi work good , not 3 times, now hi work for me 24H per day if some one want to download esse miner msg me ....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    The greatest journey starts with a single program new;....

It doesn't happen overnight. I think everyone was at the point where they could 'hello world' but reading a script was impossible. Bit by bit you will learn more and you'll be reading scripts like a book eventually. Look at part 1 of my FAQ (link in sig), get everything there, and look in the Massive SCAR Learning Package, in a folder called games. I started off writing scripts for those. When you are comfortable with techniques (color finding, mouse moving etc) you can move on to RS scripts. Then there are several tuts on how to write auto talkers, powerminers etc.

I think with scripting, being naturally good at math and logic etc does help a bit. But only a bit. Scripters are not born, they are made. I think anyone can learn to script, even with no previous programming experience (SCAR is my only full language).
    ok thx but i don't know if you can still get Massive SCAR Learning Package anywhere all links i saw were dead. who wrote it? sorry but yeah i am uber n00b so yeah o well i'll do my best to learn this crazy thingy.
    thx again.

yup the links on FAQ #1 are both dead....oh well. BTW if anyone for some really weird reason wanted to help me make a script and go through it with me 1 on 1 PM me rofl or email at rkroxpunk@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

hakeris... huh???

rk try this http://villu-reborn.com/showthread.php?t=6115
    if that doesn't work ask someone else to upload, because I'm not doing it again lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

lmfao......don't work either but don't worry i'll get off my ass and figure out myself you've helped enough noobies like me by the looks of things and aren't getting much back in return so don't worry........ty anyway.
    rk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice guide Although when I applied yesterday it was my first post, I should've posted a few more times
    Iactura paucourm serva multos.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    "Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"
    Order your Kubuntu CD(s) now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks this will help me i already applyed but i didn't get accepted so i'll try to work harder on my SRL scripts and work a few days on it and stuff so it will be a awesome script i'm working on a tut island scritp now it's on my other computer that got crashed so i got to start over
    thanks boreas(h)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by therealjdb View Post
    Nice guide Although when I applied yesterday it was my first post, I should've posted a few more times
    The post count is primarily to get to know applicants. You had posts on other sites and darky knew you.

Quote Originally Posted by martijntjuh View Post
    thanks this will help me i already applyed but i didn't get accepted so i'll try to work harder on my SRL scripts and work a few days on it and stuff so it will be a awesome script i'm working on a tut island scritp now it's on my other computer that got crashed so i got to start over
    thanks boreas(h)
    Np. You can still do the tut island if you want, but make sure you demonstrate you know player switching and antirandoms, like with a power chopper/miner etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Omg I didn't Bookmark the page where I applied... How do I get there? And I need some help with the script I'm making. Something in my script is wrong (Runtime Error, right when I get to login... ummmm. And if the applications are only viewable by SRL Members, Can Someone get me the link?
    null

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Boreas for making this, I have been wondering how to become a member, and I'm thinking of subscribing pretty soon. I'll be ready with all the DO's and hopefully none of the DONT'S lol.

EDIT: YES!!!! I'm a Lesser Demon!! finally, lol. I hated that title chicken :P

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information