Thread: Free to play, strength pure guide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Default Free to play, strength pure guide

Hello evreyone!

This is my first post, so please be indulgent.

I have decided to create a post that will infrom people who are attempting to create melee pures to help them level, in free to play area, and some pking tips.

I think this thread will be usefull because it will explain where to train, what equipment to bring, and also some pking advices.

The diffrent type of pures:

Strength pure
    Range pure
    Mage pure
    Hybrid
    Prayer beast
    Skiller

1. Strength pure
    Character with decent attack (40-60) high strength and the rest of the combat skills 1.

This type of pure is prefferd by alot of people because it requires only a rune scimitar and amulet of strength to start pking, unlike the other ones where you need runes and\or arrows.

Training:
    1-15 attack and strength train it on the chicken north of lumbridge, or south of falador. Equipment: full iron armor, leather boots or stronghold of security boots, any cape,amulet of strength, and an iron and steel scimitar. Don't buy black its a waste of money.

15-25 attack and strength is recommended to be trained at the edgeville men's, the monastery monk's, the cows west of the crafting guild , the goblin village goblins or you can keep on with the chickens. Same equipment as above except this time use a mithril scimitar.

25-40 attack and strength can be trained at either, the men's north of edgville bank, the stronghold of security; minotaurs, goblins and such. The scorpions in the dwarven mines, or the pirates in the blurite cave. Same eq as above except at 40 attack get a rune scimitar to train (MUST)

40-60 attack and strength should be trained against either al-kharid guards, hobgoblins west of the crafting guild, flesh crawlers in the stronghold of security, mens north of edgeville if you don't want to waste food, or the varrock sewer: zombies, skeleton, ghosts etc. Same eq, as above.

if you stopped at 40 attack and want to max out strength...
    go train at the al-kharids if not crowded, flesh crawlers hobgoblins. Pretty much any creature that has good enough hp and dosent hit that much.

Also there is diffrent type of strength pures such as:

The Iron Pure:
    Attack: 40
    Strength: 60+
    Defense: 1
    Mage: 1
    Range: 1
    Prayer: 1
    These pures like to have low defense, and have higher strength to hit higher. These are the most used pures, and are very common. They usually wear full iron to give out max defence agsint ranged and melee attacks.

The Steel Pure:
    Defense: 5

These pures are usually made because the pure owner might have "accidentally" gotten 2 defense and said, "Might as well get it to 5 defense." These pures are rarely seen, and are usually never purposely made. They usually wear full steel sets.

The Black or mith pures:
    Defense: 10-20
    These pures are usually made purposely. There purpose is to kill rangers or steel/iron warriors with ease. They are rarely seen. They usually wear full black or mithril armor.

The Rune Pure
    Defense: 40

These pures are also made purposely, they are made to kill without getting hurt quite as often, they are usually very high levels, and kill decent amout of people.

Places to pk:

Well with the introduction of the pvp world system, you will mostly see alot of pkers in lumbridge and varrock. so those would be the recommended areas.
    Watch out for PJers (player jumpers) Who will wait untill you win the fight and pop up with a rune 2h, potted and prayed, to try to K.O. you.

When your going on a trip to go pking, always bring the best food available : Lobsters or Swordfishs are great

also, your main weapon should always be your rune scimmi and your K.O. weapon your rune 2h. bring some strength pots, an amulet of strength, full iron, unless you fight a mage remove it.

Before trying your first pk attempt, I suggest you to go duel against players your level and levels above you, to know what you will be facing, and to help out your K.O. technique.

Knock Outs:

Scimitar and 2h:
    - When fighting someone that is at about 1\4 of his hp you can K.O. him by surprise usuing this technique, make sure you have drank a strength pot, then when your character raises his scimitar, quickly switch with your 2h and click on your opponent, this should inflict dual damage wich can K.O. your opponent. This technique takes alot of practice to master, so I recommend you to go duel with ppl and to practice there until you got the hang of it.

Fake run K.O.

When fighting someone, try this other K.O. technique; When your hp is lower than your opponent has about 1\3 to 1\4 of his hp walk like 2-3 tiles away, he will think your running away and will forget about his hp and try to finish you. That is exactly what we want, so when he comes back to you, wait till your scimi is raised then switch to 2h and finish him. Always remeber to be potted for maximum damage.

P.S.: Always practice your techniques, you only get better with practice!

Also, if you die , dont give up, no one is invincible and this is just part of the game!, just buy yourself another scimitar, 2h and etc and go back pking!h):

Always bring 1-2 strength pot and use them, they increase your strength, thus making you hit stronger, but use this if you can get your opponent over confident of himself so he lets his hp drop a bit...

Always remeber if you mess up and get 2 or 3 defence, its not all that because your character is not ruined, you can still keep on pking and enjoy it, plus it gives a little more defence against player attack xD

also when fighting scimmi users, I recommend you to either wear full iron or if you want better protection agasint slash, to wear a chainmail and a square shield as it gives better protection to slash than platebody and kite.

For those who have 70 str+

I recommend evryone who has 70 strength and above to get their prayer to 31 for the strength prayer which increases your strength level buy 15%, wich can be easly 3-4 more damage and thus helping you kill people faster!

And if you plan to get to higher levels, 43 prayer to get all the protection comes in very handy as it helps you counter other pures attack so you can consentrate on your K.O. instead of healing, healing healing :P

So this concludes my simple guide for free players, on how to make a strength pure. I hope evryone can enjoy it

Please leave a 1-5 rating 5 being the best. and a comment if you appreciated it or how I can make this better xD

Thank you all, truly yours: Zego

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

don't make more than one thread please

and for rune pures you should get pray up btw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99_ View Post
    don't make more than one thread please

and for rune pures you should get pray up btw

Yeah I noticed there was two threads but I don't know how to remove the other one, I made the other one by accident, Not to spam the forums :P

Also Im now aware that above 70~ str, 31 prayer becomes a must have for successfull pkers. I will add it

Thanks for the post

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

deleted the other one and moved this one.

~RM

I & I know Zion. It is in the spirit, body and mind of every one of us
    RMouse(obj: TMSIObject): boolean;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice, original guide. Keep up the good work. It would be amazing of you would make more guides for mage/range/praybeast/etc. Rep+ btw
    Why does Superman wear his underwear over his trousers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

very nice this helped me and gave me a few helpful hints on K.O ing 4/5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blzed View Post
    Nice, original guide. Keep up the good work. It would be amazing of you would make more guides for mage/range/praybeast/etc. Rep+ btw
    Thank you for the nice comment, I am looking forward to make those guides, but as I am still going in highschool, I do not have much time during week days, so I will most likely do them during the week-end. The next guide comming up are going to be mage, range pure and hybrids.

I will be working on skiller and prayer beasts afterwards.

And also, I will show the new trend in strength pures such as the obby maulers and such. I hope evreyone will enjoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is this an "auto-friendly" guide, as in could i follow these steps really easy using NAF, or w/e/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not a bad tutorial, really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smarter Child View Post
    Is this an "auto-friendly" guide, as in could i follow these steps really easy using NAF, or w/e/
    Well if you are usuing narcles auto fighter and you wish to make a pure strength your places to level are quite restricted because unless you can supply your food constantly than it should not, because at higher levels there isint much monster that you can train on that don't waste much food, I am thinking of pirates, al-kharid warriors if there could be a bot that would go to bank get supplies of food and then go back training. Ask Narcle if he could add it to his script.

other wise you can bot at edgevill mens, goblins, chickens and anything that hits rarely or you can 1 shot, because then you don't really need to fear your char's death over long period of time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TViYH View Post
    Not a bad tutorial, really.
    Thank you very much, nice comments like that give me the courage to write more tutorials and/or guides

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thank yyou
    i am a strength one ^^
    strength 53 att 40 def 1
    working pretty good at pking but i really ahte the mages and ranges :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can also replace the full iron with full monk to be a prayer beast and pwn with prayer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

i personally think that prayer should be either 43 or 1.
    -40% damage reduction is a huge advantage, way better than 3-4+ damage (ultimate strength)
    and if having 43, you can activate them both ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just get a 99 def guy with a dragonfire shield and other stats 1, and its pwnage.

Thread Information