Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 223

Thread: Script down your first rs tree!

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ohioo
    Posts
    308
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    This was super helpful. Im gonna make a hellrat catcher during this break and that will be my first script!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    First major update! This was pretty much just updating material from a long time ago, no new material. I likely messed up a little something here or there, so let me know if oyu spot something.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Nice and direct to the point tutorials > taught me how to make a simple woodcutter and now im trying to do it more advanced by making it more accurately and making the antiban more human likely.

    Anyhow thanks for this great tutorial

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lubbock, Tx
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    edit: never mind I fixed it :P

    Still learning
    Last edited by HardRockers; 12-27-2011 at 03:12 AM.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Reading through this got me the basis of what I used to write my script that eventually got me into SRL members, thanks very much!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Question,

    why is there a space between Nick/Pass/Name and the : and not Active and the colon?

    Players[0].Name :='';
    Players[0].Pass :='';
    Players[0].Nick :='';
    Players[0].Active:=True;


    _______________________
    also
    whats the point of this:

    HowManyPlayers := 1;
    NumberOfPlayers(HowManyPlayers);
    CurrentPlayer := 0;

    its kind of self explanatory but what is so important about it, it wasnt explained, just put in randomly with no mention
    Last edited by KFC; 12-29-2011 at 09:38 AM.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KFC View Post
    Question,

    why is there a space between Nick/Pass/Name and the : and not Active and the colon?

    Players[0].Name :='';
    Players[0].Pass :='';
    Players[0].Nick :='';
    Players[0].Active:=True;


    _______________________
    also
    whats the point of this:

    HowManyPlayers := 1;
    NumberOfPlayers(HowManyPlayers);
    CurrentPlayer := 0;

    its kind of self explanatory but what is so important about it, it wasnt explained, just put in randomly with no mention
    For your first question, there isn't a space needed, you could do it either way, I think with the spaces looks a bit neater, so I might change that last one, didn'e see it

    For your second question, it's just part of the SRL DeclarePlayers. You need it for DeclarePlayers to work. You're right, I just sort of tossed it in there, I'll fix that.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    For your first question, there isn't a space needed, you could do it either way, I think with the spaces looks a bit neater, so I might change that last one, didn'e see it

    For your second question, it's just part of the SRL DeclarePlayers. You need it for DeclarePlayers to work. You're right, I just sort of tossed it in there, I'll fix that.
    thanks

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm not going to lie, there are quite a few holes in this guide.. I started using it only to find it throwing up random errors here and there on parts I followed to the T, I had to figure out how to fix them which wasn't too bothersome.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    862
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    353 Post(s)

    Default

    Fantastic tutorial mate. really learnt a lot. It is very similar to eventscripts for source engine.

    Did you publish a walking tut?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albi View Post
    I'm not going to lie, there are quite a few holes in this guide.. I started using it only to find it throwing up random errors here and there on parts I followed to the T, I had to figure out how to fix them which wasn't too bothersome.
    Where did you find errors? And what parts did you find to have holes?

    @Dan, glad you liked it! I was planning on adding a whole bunch of new stuff over the holidays, but my family went on vacation and now I'm not back until Tuesday. Hopefully I can get at it then!

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks Alot am so happy finally made my own base script first invent of maples
    Now working on the basic base for my coal miner mined the first lot now to add banking in resource dung and adding coal bag

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Awesome Tutorial!
    Thanks!

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    First of all I want to say I love this because this is how I learn (by doing) But it seems to go and right click at the tree and then be done the repeat until thing doesn't seem to be working for me??

    Simba Code:
    procedure ChopTree;
    var x, y: integer;
    begin
      if FindObj(x, y, 'hop', 1846320, 2)  then
        Mouse(x,y,0,0,false);
        ChooseOption('hop');
        FindNormalRandoms;
        repeat
          Wait(1200+random(250));
          Until not IsupText('ree')or(InvFull);
     end;
    Nevermind I figured it out I wasn't reading close enough! sorry missed some repeats
    Last edited by poopy2177; 01-07-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    My Soul Wars Scipt Proggress:[100%....]
    Probably won't release though I like it for myself

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Is this guide now outdated?

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayanth View Post
    Is this guide now outdated?
    Nope, are you having problems?

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Exception in Script: Unable to find file 'srl/srl.scar' used from ''

    when ever i try to compile it gives me this error what to do? and i have seen same error whenever i tried downloading a script and running it

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by princenath View Post
    Exception in Script: Unable to find file 'srl/srl.scar' used from ''

    when ever i try to compile it gives me this error what to do? and i have seen same error whenever i tried downloading a script and running it
    I have to update it for SRL 5, which was just recently released. Instead of
    Simba Code:
    {$i srl/srl.scar}
    use
    Simba Code:
    {$i srl/srl.simba}
    Last edited by Griff; 01-10-2012 at 12:06 AM.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marijuanaville USA
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    skimmed through it real quick with no programming experience since I stopped programming like 6 years ago and forgot it all. Saving this in bookmarks, hoping this will be the guide that helps me relearn the scripting. I appreciate it I will let you know how I do, the guide looks really good and simple though!
    Click here for my step by step picture guide to setting up MSI! http://villavu.com/forum/showthread....945#post859945

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,205
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1858 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks. This tutorial will be invaluable in my learning how to script so I can give back to the SRL community, and not be a leecher anymore :/ I like the way you teach, you need to make more of these.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    ounce the inventory is full and we want it to bank will how would we code that?

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Very nice tutorial, helped start my WCing script.

    One thing I'd suggest adding is how to make it so the script doesn't continually click the tree.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jatex View Post
    Very nice tutorial, helped start my WCing script.

    One thing I'd suggest adding is how to make it so the script doesn't continually click the tree.
    It shouldn't do that. Did you remember to change the until so that the UpText is for the tree that you are cutting, because it's set for yews in the tutorial.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marijuanaville USA
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm curious as well when you intend to add walking to the tutorial. I will be very pleased
    Click here for my step by step picture guide to setting up MSI! http://villavu.com/forum/showthread....945#post859945

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omegaangelz View Post
    I'm curious as well when you intend to add walking to the tutorial. I will be very pleased
    I planned to do it over Christmas, but then on thing lead to another and it got delayed.. I'm in the middle of exams right now, but I write all of my exams in the first week of my school's exams, so then I pretty much have a week off, which will likely be when I get around to updating it

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •