Poll: Is this tutorial Helpfull and should i make more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming Guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caused View Post
    For me a dream diary was a crucial part while learning about lucid dreaming.

Because learning about lucid dreaming means to learn about dreams and yourself in general.

I had my first self induced lucid dream after 3 weeks practicing. I saw a LAAARGE computer screen in my dream. I Knew that i was dreaming (reality check), and could use my mind to control what i was seeing on the screen.

Than later I had lucid dreams more often(90% recoginzed by reality checks). I tried various Ideas and fantasies (Including stretching the time ALOT, so that when i woke up it felt like i was gone for mutliple days or even weeks!).

Though my goal back than was to practice drawing while sleeping. Which didnt seem to work, cause the more i focused on a drawing I was the more blurry it became. So I figured that creating art in a dreams is something hardly possible.

Things i tried included.:
    Extreme Sports, Using my eyes like mega-binoculars zooming in "grass" till the monecular area.
    Changing Night to day(Oh, watch out that you also imagine a blue sky, or you will end up with a starry sky with a Sun and a bright day.... looks kinda weird)... Nasty stuff, yeh yeh yeh...

Oh... another thing... In my dreams computers lack usability, with keyboard that only have 2 keys to control everything! Not even a mouse.. i searched so long for that damn mouse :'D....

Feel free to contact me with questions about lucid dreaming, I practiced it for about a year.

~caused
    Thank you for reminding me about the dream journal. I will add this right now. And as for the whole whats going to happen in a dream, the 2 button thing is crap, its whatever buttons you expect it to be, and you dont know what your talking about becuase the mouse is there (i tested and spawned one). Its whatever you want it to be. The dream journal is not crucial, i never used one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cstrike View Post
    Why do I even try these things? I just shit my pants over this god damn tutorial. Fuck, that's uncleanable. I can't even wash that out because there's so much of my shit it will just stain everything else. If I put it in the washing machine, I'm sure to stain the sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Infintry001 View Post
    You know who else saw a bright white light (it blinded him)?

Paul.

Perhaps this is God's way of telling you to stop trying to lucid dream? I dunno, that was my first thought XD
    I dont think god has a problem with lucid dreams, i studied that for 2 weeks, the bright flash is perfectly normal.
    Why do I even try these things? I just shit my pants over this god damn tutorial. Fuck, that's uncleanable. I can't even wash that out because there's so much of my shit it will just stain everything else. If I put it in the washing machine, I'm sure to stain the sides.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I JUST tried WILD, and I felt my self about to fall asleep my breathing slowed to the minimum, and then suddenly there was a bright flash of light, which actually hurt, then a few seconds later,another so I opened my eyes and went downstairs. Me and my mum have been talking about it for about an hour and I have some questions.
    Is Lucid Dreaming, Day Dreaming?
    Are you actually asleep when you Lucid Dream?
    What are these white flashing light that I saw/felt?
    Has anyone else got these white flashing light?
    My view on the flashing light: The mind checking if I am asleep/awake. I think it always does it but because I was aware of falling asleep I actually felt and saw these lights.
    My mum told me not to try anymore because if someone burnt theirchand with a cigarette then you could just as easily chop off your hand or something.

Please answer.
    T~M
    I didn't think I was going to have to state the obvious, but: real fingers cannot be cut off and cigarette burns cannot magically appear because of a dream...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oo00o View Post
    This is the same problem I have.
    I'd love to be in control of my dreams .
    I'm going to try this out tonight.

Also, I have felt before that i'm almost floating, while i'm awake in bed. Maybe right before I fall asleep. Does that have anything to do with this?
    Yes. I have never heard of this before, but it happens to mean all the time lol. Mabye its like our form of vibrateing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay I just tried the wild method, although I was not tired.
    I lay in bed, for maybe 7-8 minutes focusing on my breathing or the sound of my fan. Occasionally a thought would run through my head or more often music would play in my head. I kept my body still. And all of a sudden my body tensed up, I had the strongest desire to move but I didn't! This lasted 10-15 seconds. But that's as far as I could get. After that I lay in bed for like another 5 minutes and I couldn't focus very well.
    If I move my lips or swallow does it cancel the stillness?
    And if I think of one thing or a song comes into my head does it cancel everything?

I'm gonna set my alarm early in the morning, get up for long enough that my mind is clear then try this again. I'll update what happens!
    Sean[714] @rscheata.net

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neehosoft View Post
    And as for the whole whats going to happen in a dream, the 2 button thing is crap, its whatever buttons you expect it to be, and you dont know what your talking about becuase the mouse is there (i tested and spawned one). Its whatever you want it to be.
    I was reffering to my dreams, not to yours.

The dream journal is not crucial, i never used one.
    Same thing here . I was just reffering to my experiences.

~caused
    Last edited by caused; 08-19-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullzeye95 View Post
    I didn't think I was going to have to state the obvious, but: real fingers cannot be cut off and cigarette burns cannot magically appear because of a dream...
    Yes I know they cant magically appear, but it is exactly the same as sleep walking, if you want to and your mind is telling you to in your dream then you will do it. Exactly same concept for doing something dangerous.

T~M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

nice. but next time don't use so much bold text. it hurts.. :X

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

First and foremost, your friend is a liar. Your dreams CANNOT POSSIBLY EVER hurt you. They are thoughts and thoughts alone. If you sit in your chair and think 'black eye black eye black eye' you will not magically gain a black eye.

The Man, your experience with the lights was probably due to oxygen deprivation. Most people on the verge of passing out say light intensifies quite some what.

I sort of relate to the idea, however, but it is not lucid dreaming. It is Astral Travel. Your astral leaves your body and goes off on a tangent.

@ The Man; If you're in control of your thoughts then you can tell yourself not to chop your own hand off. And even if you do you would wake up as soon as your skin was pierced anyway.
    Last edited by Torrent of Flame; 08-20-2009 at 12:51 AM.
    Jus' Lurkin'

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

If I move my lips or swallow does it cancel the stillness?
    And if I think of one thing or a song comes into my head does it cancel everything?
    Same questions as above.

I seem to have a problem with not being able to stop thinking. It never stops. I focused on my breathing, music or random thoughts would go away for a bit, but then I would loose focus (tired) and the music would come back on. The only way I can get to sleep is if I just let the music play on and on in a loop and I eventually fall asleep, but I can't lucid dream because I'm not focused on anything at all.
    If I do manage to get the thoughts away, which happened for a few minutes last time I tried, I swallowed as an instinct, and then realized "Oh crap, I swallowed" and started trying to remember if it was bad, and then the music played again.

Any tips with this? Or just more practice? Maybe I will take a nap soon...

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Hmmm. I seem to get the spinny sensation and the loud bangs, etc but I open my eyes when either of these happen, so I wont do and Ill see what happens (Y)
    Jus' Lurkin'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Same questions as above.

I seem to have a problem with not being able to stop thinking. It never stops. I focused on my breathing, music or random thoughts would go away for a bit, but then I would loose focus (tired) and the music would come back on. The only way I can get to sleep is if I just let the music play on and on in a loop and I eventually fall asleep, but I can't lucid dream because I'm not focused on anything at all.
    If I do manage to get the thoughts away, which happened for a few minutes last time I tried, I swallowed as an instinct, and then realized "Oh crap, I swallowed" and started trying to remember if it was bad, and then the music played again.

Any tips with this? Or just more practice? Maybe I will take a nap soon...
    Same Question.

T~M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yay finally realized I was dreaming, only for a few minutes though. The bad thing was a giant pig kept chasing me, so I held my hand out, closed my eyes, and snapped, then a 12 gauge shotgun appeared . But no matter how many times I owned it (It's face was very graphic and bloody) it always came back... I bet if I had imagined it was spawning from a box somewhere, I could have made that disappear and it would have been just fine again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I tried it once, and after about 15 minutes I felt like I was starting to dream (I couldn't see anything, but I could hear things, like people talking -- does that usually happen?), then all of a sudden I got excited (started thinking about what I'm going to try) and the feeling went away Gave up after another 10 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I understand this takes practice, but does it work in stages?
    For example, I tried my best to focus on nothing and I fell asleep.
    I slept till seven am, and when I woke up I had remembered I had a dream (I rarely remember I have dreams).
    I remembered what it was about for a minute or so, then I forgot and went back to sleep.
    (I wanted to try the WILD method when I was actually sleepy)
    So I tried the WILD method again as I was falling asleep at 7 am.
    Then I woke up at 10 am and I had remembered I had another dream.

As I said before, it's unusual that I would remember my dreams.
    So with practice, will my dreams get better/more vivid and eventually become lucid dreams?

After I told my mum about this, she said that she thinks it's new-aged stuff, so I shouldn't do it. Also that clearing your mind is inviting the devil in.
    I understand completely that on some topics, parents think things are bad because they don't understand it.
    Could anybody give me their a spiritual oppinion?
    Last edited by Sean[714]; 08-20-2009 at 07:06 AM.
    Sean[714] @rscheata.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WoW, awesome tut i really wanna try this. Your are my Neehosoft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I understand this takes practice, but does it work in stages?
    For example, I tried my best to focus on nothing and I fell asleep.
    I slept till seven am, and when I woke up I had remembered I had a dream (I rarely remember I have dreams).
    I remembered what it was about for a minute or so, then I forgot and went back to sleep.
    (I wanted to try the WILD method when I was actually sleepy)
    So I tried the WILD method again as I was falling asleep at 7 am.
    Then I woke up at 10 am and I had remembered I had another dream.

As I said before, it's unusual that I would remember my dreams.
    So with practice, will my dreams get better/more vivid and eventually become lucid dreams?

After I told my mum about this, she said that she thinks it's new-aged stuff, so I shouldn't do it. Also that clearing your mind is inviting the devil in.
    I understand completely that on some topics, parents think things are bad because they don't understand it.
    Could anybody give me their a spiritual oppinion?
    I do not think there is anything spiritually wrong with this in itself. Basically, you are exploring the recesses of your mind.

However, many people use this for sex and other miscellaneous "fun" stuff. Now, that is spiritually wrong.

I don't know what religion you are, but if you really want to answers, pray to God, read the bible, etc.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

I do not think there is anything spiritually wrong with this in itself. Basically, you are exploring the recesses of your mind.

However, many people use this for sex and other miscellaneous "fun" stuff. Now, that is spiritually wrong.

I don't know what religion you are, but if you really want to answers, pray to God, read the bible, etc.
    If we don't believe in God, nothing is wrong with it, right?

Except apparently hurting your eyes because of oxygen deprivation.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    If we don't believe in God, nothing is wrong with it, right?

Except apparently hurting your eyes because of oxygen deprivation.
    Nah, I don't think anything is wrong with it, even if you DO believe in God =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tad View Post
    I tried it once, and after about 15 minutes I felt like I was starting to dream (I couldn't see anything, but I could hear things, like people talking -- does that usually happen?), then all of a sudden I got excited (started thinking about what I'm going to try) and the feeling went away Gave up after another 10 minutes.
    Yes. This is normal. A dream was forming, and you could here, but where still not fully into REM. Dont think when you hear the sounds next time, ignore them and go on. It could also be that you got excited. Too much excitement will wake you up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I tried it just last night. I was like dead tired. Within 10 minutes, my body sort of tensed up, but I didn't move. I felt myself lifting off the bed, and got excited. The feeling immediately went away.

I tried again, and that lifting feeling happened again. I tried not to get excited, but then I started thinking of a song. Feeling went away.

I hope I get better at this... :/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I didn't get any sleep last night because of this darn tutorial. Lucid dreaming is the idea of controlling your dreams with your thoughts. My thoughts at night are generally not very nice, so hence lucid dreaming would probably be bad because if my thoughts enter into a realm of seeming realism then that would make for some pretty nast nightmares if I am honest.

Is there a way for me not to think about lucid dreaming so I wont have one and can sleep normally >.>
    Jus' Lurkin'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torrent of Flame View Post
    I didn't get any sleep last night because of this darn tutorial. Lucid dreaming is the idea of controlling your dreams with your thoughts. My thoughts at night are generally not very nice, so hence lucid dreaming would probably be bad because if my thoughts enter into a realm of seeming realism then that would make for some pretty nast nightmares if I am honest.

Is there a way for me not to think about lucid dreaming so I wont have one and can sleep normally >.>
    You scare me, bro XD

You gotta tire yourself out throughout the day. Do some sports, work out, work, etc. By the time you go to bed, all you'll be thinking about is sleep. That is, normal sleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

You scare me, bro XD

You gotta tire yourself out throughout the day. Do some sports, work out, work, etc. By the time you go to bed, all you'll be thinking about is sleep. That is, normal sleep.
    Haha. I'll get some good sleep tonight cause I didnt last night.

I didn't mean to scare you My mind is a complex and fucked up place. Trust me. I over analyze EVERYTHING. So I'm just doing it again now :3
    Jus' Lurkin'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought the point of lucid dreaming was to control your dreams so you have good / fun ones?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information