Poll: Is this tutorial Helpfull and should i make more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming Guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Lucid Dreaming Guide [Updated] [Answering Questions]

Well, i saw that on the forum "What is Reality" someone asked about lucid dreaming and how to do it. So i wrote this tutorial.

Well, seeing that people liked my old lucid dreaming guide, i have decided to write a new one. This one will have even more detail, go deeper into hynposis, and some more techniques with some extras. I will not use so much bold in this one, as people complained about it :P
    What is Lucid Dreaming?
    Lucid Dreaming is the art of being able to control dreams and do whatever you want. The most common reasons people do this are to stop nightmares, problem solving, or fun. We will be going over these later.
    FAQ:
    Is lucid Dreaming Occult or Demonic?
    I am not god, but i dont think there is anything (this is comming from my view as a christian) biblicly wrong with ld'ing. (lucid dreaming). I have read most of the bible, and dreams were in it when god gave people visions. Also, a sin (ive heard) cant happen on axident, which lds sometimes do.
    Lucid Dreaming and New Age?
    To some, lucid dreaming is concidered new age. If lding is new age, then so is sleeping and dreaming, so this is false. There are 2 dream viewpoints, alot of people say that you are in another dream realm, (astral projection), but scientificly you are in REM (rapid eye movement, this has been proven).
    If you have any more questeions, dont hesitate to ask and i will add

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for anything that happens from following this guide. Dont be scared from reading that, its safe.

Reality Checks
    Reality Checking is very important in all lucid dreams. They are ways of telling reality from dreams. There are several ways of doing this:
    *Look at you hand. You probably have like 40 fingers or 3.
    *Plug your nose - If you can still breathe, do another RC (reality check) to make sure your not crazy.
    *Jump - No gravity in lucid dreams

Notice:
    Lucid Dreams are exactly what you expect them to be. If you think there going to be scary, its going to be scary. If you think dream characters (DCs) are purple, they will be purple. If you think it will be fun and awesome and dcs are full of life, so it will be.

Dream Journals
    Before we go any farther, i would like to say that alot of people like to keep a dream journal, for dream recall and to look for reaccuring dreams when DILDing. They are not crucial, i do not use one.

Induction Methods
    There are alot of induction methods for a lucid dream. Not all of them work for everyone, but when you find the one that works best for you you can have 2-15 ld's in a night.
    There are two types of Lucid Dream inductions. There are lucid dreams induced from a awake stage, and there are onces inducted when you are already in a dream. I would suggest wake induced lucid dreams over dream induced lucid dreams, as they are more successful. Most people would suggest sleeping 2-5 hours before a wake induced lucid dream for REM, this is faster and can be more vivid, but i do fine with doing it before any sleep and working my way up (more dreams ).

Dreams Inductions While Asleep
    I would not suggest these, but many people like them so here we go...
    The Reality Check Induced Lucid Dream
    This is induced by getting in a habit of reality checking every 30-1 hour. I dont prefer this (i started with it though) because you have to wrap your real life around for it. Once in a habbit of reality checking alot, you will start to do it in your dreams (this takes time).

DILD (Dream Induced Luci Dreams)
    DILD's are a very popular lucid dream. They are lucid dreams where you find out that you are dreaming while in lucid dreams (these are ones that happen accidently). It is done by looking for dream signs such as:
    *Reaccuring Dreams (Used with a dream journal)
    *Breathing when being drowned or sufficated
    *Anything paranormal

MILD (Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream)
    I dont know to put this in to wake induced or dream induced. Basicly all you do is repeat "im in a dream" in the back of your head while in bed and when you pass out you still im in a dreaming and RC.

Wake Induced Lucid Dreams
    These are the most successful and vivid. There are sevaral types of these (not all of them work for everyone).
    WILD (wake induced lucid dream)
    This is very popular, and may take a while to get down 100%, but can be very vivid and successful.
    WILDs can be accomplished as a Nap, or in a REM Cylce (i do them before rem cycle but its better to do it after for a begginer). Rem is in the middle of the night.
    To do this technique, get really relaxed and lay down. Clear your mind, the less thoughts you have the better you are detachted to enter a dream state. You are moving your physical stimuli into dream stimuli.
    Good practice for clearing your mind is closing your eyes and not thinking for 5 mins, and every time a thought inturupts, retry, tell you can go 5 without thinking.
    So lay down, relax alot, and clear your mind, meditation is often a good way of doing this although not nessacary. People who report having lyrics in there head and stuff may want to try medditation, i will add a meditation guide as soon as i know how to do it (lol).
    It will take anywhere between 15-45 mins your first time, and after doing this alot dreams will become more vivid, and you will be better at picturing stuff.
    Within this time period you might: (not all effects happen with everyone)
    *Feel like you are floating - Like waves are running through your body
    *Hynotic Imagery - Focus on the black and ignore this
    *Wooshing sounds, or people talking - Ignore this
    *Awake tests - your body will test to see if you are realy asleep, this can be uncomfortablility, to loud sounds and flashing
    *Sleep Paylasis (see underneath all induction methods)
    *Vibrating - This is when you are going into the actual dream
    *Flashes of light and people
    *Sounds
    Eventualy you will vibrate and your eyes will open. Dont get too excited or youll pull out. The most common reasons for a failed WILD is:
    *Fear - Theres nothing to be scared of. Pray or something.
    *Exictement - I see alot of people on the forum are getting excited, dont it will pull you out.
    *Inturupting thoughts - Try meditation or practice not thinking

BILD (black eye induced lucid dreams)
    This is now my new favorite.
    You know when you close your eyes you see all those changing moving colors? All you have to do for this technique is focus on these, relax deeply, and notice every color, everything. Fall into a trance with them, clear your mind, this is similair to wild, and a dream will form.

Sleep Paralysis
    When i was a kid, i would have night terrors. Every night, i would have a nightmare and wake up. When i woke up, i would feel tightened, my breathing slowed to a minimum, i could not speak, as if the words were frozen as they came out of my mouth. I would be very scared and could not move. I was parallelized, and i could see monsters running at me, coming from my bed, my closet, anything you could think of.
    What i found out i had was hallucinate sleep paralysis. This is when you fall into SP (Sleep Paralysis) but are still half in a dream (the hallucination). You will experience this, not hallucinate but you wont be able to move. If you fall into this and need out, focus on your index finger and wiggle it tell your out. This is common for the WILD technique.

Dream Recall
    Alot of people have lucid dreams and dont even know. You know when you dont think you dreamed (alot of people posted that they dont dream) you probably did and just dont remember it. In order to remember dreams:
    *Keep a dream journal - I dont do this but i hear it works. Every day when you wake up just drought down your dream.
    *Lay down for 5-10 mins. Dont move, just remember.

Increasing Vividy
    2d crappy mario lucid graphics are no fun. Just shout "Increase Vividy" tell you get the vividy you want, and note: the longer you have slept before the better vividy, rem gets better as it is developed. You will become better at visualizeing from lding alot
    Walking Around
    Moving around in lucid dreams is different then in real life, you move with willpower.
    Flying
    Flying in lucid dreaming is very fun, although alot of people dont believe they can therefore they cant. I can just liftoff, and you will too when you get good, but to start id suggest jumping and bouncing around untell you start going (there is no gravity in lucid dreams).
    Eating Food
    You can tase very well in lucid dreams, and alot of people think its fun to eat alot without getting fat. You could diet off this too.
    Spawning Objects
    Something people have a hard time with at first is spawning objects. To do so, just look down at your hand and believe something is there
    Spawning People
    Believe its there, blink, and its there.
    Changeling LandScapes
    There are many ways of changeing where you are, i remember my first dream i spawned some DCs (Dream Charectors) and just ran around seeing where i ended up. I ended up in a place with a tv, not sure where i was, and i had the remote. I fliped the channel untell i found teh landscape i wanted, and jumped in. When i was done there, i closed my eyes. I decided i was in the desert, i felt the hot sun on my head, i was swetting, and i opended my eyes and there i was. I was in the desert.
    I hope that story gave you an idea of changeing landscapes
    A note on Dream Charectors
    known as dc's, dream charectors are interesting to conversate with. Alot of them are funny, and fast at thinking. Scientists would tell you they are figures of your imagination. I remember hearing a story once about a guy named dan who lucid dreamed. He had a girl sitting on his lap, and then told her he needed to wake up and go into reality. She said, "What? You dont think im real?" and he said "No your in my dream haha" and laughed, she, angered, gave him a cigarate burn, and when he woke up, the burn was on his hand, and he felt it. Talk to a DC, it is fun
    Just a note on control:
    I just saw that "snapping fingers thing". I tried it, and it does work. The thing is, i dont even have to blink or anything to change landscapes because i believe and now it will happen. The tips on changeing/spawning stuff are only to make it easier on yourself untell you get better at it.
    Feeling in Lucid Dreams
    You can feel in well in ld's. Your mind sends sences. You can feel pain, taste food, get excited, scared, sorrow, happiness or any feeling

Hypnosis Induced Lucid Dream
    I often use this failsafed with WILD (lmao). Basicly you can get your sc to tell you when your dreaming.
    So, lets get started.
    What is Self Hypnosis?
    Self Hypnosis is very real and [U]Has/U] been scientificly proven. It is a way of talking to your subconc, and commanding it to do stuff. It is not dangerous, it is safe, and it cant turn you into spider man . However it can get rid of fears and help with stuff like that. But in lucid dreaming it can help by telling you your in a dream and makeing them alot more vivid. I often use this with WILD to make sure there is not chance of failure.
    I will not be teaching to deeply into self hypnosis, and if you cant do it post that and i could add some more detail to this part of the tutorial.
    Doing Self Hyonsis
    Self Hypnosis is 80% relaxation, as sleep is 100%, so its basicly like being on the verge of sleep. It helps to be able to visualize stuff well, which lucid dreaming improves, but not needed. You do not have to do this every time you go to bed, only once:
    The goal of hypnosis is to relax yourself completely and talk to your sub. There are many different ways of relaxation:
    I got to take a shower when im back ill finish this part lol. Back sorry i took a while i have a dick infection and it hurts...anyways back on topic. I will be going over my best method of realaxation and if it does not work for you tell me and ill add some more.
    Lay Down on a bed or sit on a chair (chair is preferred if you pass out easily). Drop your shoulders and close your eyes (not hard, just nice and comfortable. Dont force them shut) Tense up, count to ten (visualize the numbers as they go down) backwards and then release (relaxes your musles a little). Next, imagine yourself (your body as if it was transparent) being slowly filled with water, and tell yourself as the water comes up you will become more and more relaxed and liquid like at that part of the body. In like 30seconds you will be filled completely with water.
    A brief note: Not everyone feels different. Alot of people think they wornt in hypnosis because they did not feel different. Some effects that dont happen with everyone are:
    *Your eyes will flutter and try to open. Ignore This. *You may feel stoned *You may feel like your floating *You may feel like waves are comming up and down your body.
    Continuing, and when i say tell yourself think it dont say it out loud.
    Imagine that you are looking at a door. At this part things should get a little vivid and more realistic (not always). Notice everything about the door. The color, is it red, blue, dark green? Everything. Tell yourself that when you open this door, your eyes will shut tight. Tell yourself they are shut like a garage, and it would be very hard to open them. Open the door and imageing you are standing on a 20 foot stair case that leads down to a beach and enters the water. Tell yourself while imageing it that at stair ten your toes will dip into the water. Then at 15 you will be up to water in your waiste. Tell yourself that with each step, you will slowly get more and more relaxed, and when you enter the water, the part of your body that enters the water will become 5x more relaxed then it is right now. Now go down the stair case, pictureing yourself with each step. Listen to the calm waves smack up against the walls of the staircase. Picture each letter. By the time you are completely underwater, you should be in a deep enough trance for this to work. Now swim (or walk some people cant swim) down the water. Then imagine 3 gifts sinking down from the top of the water.
    When they reach the bottom onto the sand, focus on them. What type of paper are they rapped with? What type of bow? What colors? Take note of this in your head. Notice the tag with your name on it. Open up the first box, and notice it is a orb. What color is the orb? Notice the words that come up from the orb and write themselves in ink, they say:
    "I will now reality check every time i am not completely awake" and let it go back into the orb as the orb enters and fills your body. Next, the second gift is:
    "The Gift of having more vivid and real lucid dreams" and let it fill your body.
    and the fourth:
    "Let my Wake Induced Lucid dreams take less time and be more effective."
    Now dont pull yourself out immediatly as then nothing will happen. If you have any of the side effects i listed above, then you are sure that it is working, but if not it might of worked and might not. Swim back to shore. Walk up the staircase counting to 20 and becoming a little more tense. Basicly the reverse of before. When you finaly reach the door, tell yourself:
    "This is the door of reality which i am now entering". Open the door and open your eyes (opening your eyes might take a while). Now it is good to sit/lay for another 20 mins (take a nap if you need too) so that the blood can come back into your body (so you wont faint, i ignored this my first time and got a horrible migraine).
    If that did not work, tell me and ill add some more methods. 80% of the world can be hypnotized.

Things to Do in a lucid dream
    This is a list of some fun things to do once induced:
    Easy Things
    Eat something - Food is good in lucid dreams
    Jump off a waterfall
    Do something you have always wanted to do.
    Explore - Go anywhere
    Chat with dream charectors
    Spawn DC's
    Spawn people
    Moderate Things
    Fly
    Memory Recall - Remember things you forgot
    Hard Things
    Learn Something New - Practice Skating
    Inspiration - Write a song (your smarter in dreams?)

Well that pretty much is everything, but i feel like im missing something so if i am, tell me. Please post what you think i will not count thanks or hates as spam. Rep me if you liked it, too. And remember it can take weeks even months to get WILDs down, so dont get mad if you cant do it fast enough. And baked, you can ld every night i can its alot of fun, just dont give it up. Add me on msn if you want any more help, have questions:
    Donnie_dooshbag@hotmail.com - MSN.
    Edit2: Taking a shower then i will finish up the guide on the hypnosis inducedl lucid dreams and add some fun ideas to do in lds.
    Edit3:Updated Hypnosis Part. Thanks for the comments and rep!
    Edit4: Tell me what you think of my tut writing skills, am i adding too much or too little detail? I could use some critisim/help or just a thanks.
    Edit5: Added black eye technique.

Answers to some questions people where asking:
    The Man:
    Please read this. The flashing lights you saw happened to me every once in a while, mabye it is a test. Like the uncomfomtablity i get when trying. Your body tests you. And as the breathing is slowed, i think you were on the bridge of a succesfull WILD, good sign for your first attempt. And if your mom does not want you to, then im not going to tell you to, just make sure not to make sure not to call people fake lol? idk.
    Also, your flashing lights, you might have been going to a bright place (mabye a desert, and the light was in your eyes?).
    And lucid dreaming in not daydreaming, although it can make day dreaming more realistic from doing it to much (rem is good for you).
    In lucid dreaming, yes you are alseep i think like 50%? Its still good enough rest. Thats a good sign that you made it that far your first time. Im updateing the WILD guide on what to expect right now to better fit your needs.

A note on the cig burn story - Ive been studying deeper into this type of stuff, realy creepy. Tonight i will talk to some dc's about some stuff, pm me if you got any questions for them, and post on here tommorow. [/B]
    Last edited by Neehosoft; 08-21-2009 at 03:08 AM. Reason: adding some more stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cstrike View Post
    Why do I even try these things? I just shit my pants over this god damn tutorial. Fuck, that's uncleanable. I can't even wash that out because there's so much of my shit it will just stain everything else. If I put it in the washing machine, I'm sure to stain the sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yikes, that cigarette burn story is sorta freaky...

Other than that, good tutorial! I'll let you know how I do XD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

yea that cigg burn, makes me think your friend is possessed, how do you get burned in a dream, and it's there, and she got angry... creepy lol.

I remember I had a lucid dream once or twice, I just somehow noticed I was dreaming, and for some reason, I decided to fly, I always wanted to fly in dreams, but it never happens on it's own really. Whenever I tried to lucid dream, it wouldn't work though, but I haven't tried since I was extremely interested in the paranormal, even though this isn't paranormal, it was on a forums for it. Maybe I'll give this a go again tonight using WILD, but that won't be for a while, I just woke up . Lucid dreams are very fun, I hope I can make myself LD I would every night if I could. Rep++ for pretty informative guide. And stories too

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

I remember one dream I had about sex (long time ago.. I'm not That horny any more), and I could control every character in that dream by telling them to do something...
    That was a great dream, but I didn't woke up even though I got excited.

I have tried to control my dreams for some time now and I've succeeded several times, it's great fun!! Some days ago I dreamed about Death Note. I was killing people just for fun
    Some weeks ago I dreamed about me having superpowers like spiderman. I were at school with my friends (My brain recognized them as my friends although they didn't have any face) and then I was like flying around and using my special powers to levitate things and stuff like that. It was awesome!

When I go to bed later today then I'll try to use the WILD method. Tomorrow I'll try to use the MILD method and then compare the two to see which of them works best for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so if that cigarette burn came into reality, that could be proof that dreams are real!
    Ima try this for sure
    I repped =)
    "Long Before we know our self, our paths are already set and stone. some may never find their purpose in Life, and some will." - Man on the Moon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow that seems awesome, I barely ever notice I'm dreaming, but when I do it's fun. I'll have to try this out. I just hope I don't like it more than reality, or else I'll want to sleep all the time =D.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

I forgot to tell about once when I had a nightmare I went to my dad's room and told him about it and he told me that once I start dreaming nightmares then I just had to snap my fingers and then I would be on a beach! I went back to bed and when I dreamed the nightmare came back and then I remembered what dad said and I snap my fingers and it worked
    That was the first time I controlled my dreams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say that the effect itself wasn't because the finger snapping. But your mind stored that information after you talked with your father so when you made that in your dream your mind done what it stored. So I think if you do this with other things(not finger snapping and not the beach) that would work too. Speak about it or think about it before sleeping. But that's just my thoughts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

I think it's because he believed it would happen. Like if you tell a little kid when he sleeps the same thing, I'm sure it'd work for them also, as long as they remember you saying it in their sleep. I think the only hard part would be remembering it in the sleep, and not just forgetting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow didnt know this kinda stuff was posible, im going to have to try it out :P
    Lance. Da. Pants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

everyone who is trying a wild, remember that it is easyist to try when you have already slept a few hours, but not completely needed (i dont sleep much, but a wild nap every once an a while) i can do it whenever i want without having to sleep.
    and yes lance, its verry possible :P
    Thank you everyone who replied to my tutorial, im happy that i made a good once (Its my first) and thanks for the rep. Im going to edit the tutorial right now and add the hypnosis and dream recall.
    Thanks,
    Donnie ~ NeehoSoft
    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by kdj55 View Post
    so if that cigarette burn came into reality, that could be proof that dreams are real!
    Ima try this for sure
    I repped =)
    Thanks for the rep, and have fun. Tell me if it works for you. And im not sure about the dreams/reality, i know that dcs get very mad when you tell them they are fake, talk to them they have interesting ideas. I might make a ld journal on here of talking to DC's about stuff.
    Why do I even try these things? I just shit my pants over this god damn tutorial. Fuck, that's uncleanable. I can't even wash that out because there's so much of my shit it will just stain everything else. If I put it in the washing machine, I'm sure to stain the sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Its sad I don't dream pretty much at all. It might be because of the 5 hours or less of sleep I get lol. i dreamed i met this girl in a dream back when i was 10, and I was in a city like Brooklyn or something, I saw her in kmart and she invited me over, I met her brother.

After I awoke, the next day, I saw her in walmart (in colorado (where i live)), no joke, and I know the first time I saw her was in the dream.

[off-reality statement]A weird thing my first memory is a dream of a memory Like, I remember playing hide and seek with my cousin (I was like 2-4), then I woke up at age 7. I didn't dream i was 2-4, it was something in my life.

Well, I guess the first dream would be 2-4 y/o, but I remembering at 7, that it was the first time I remembered that? Im confusing myself now lol [offtopic]

Lol I made like so much more offtopic then I shouldve.
    I do visit every 2-6 months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, lucid dreaming seems like a video game in which you are God

The problem I have is I rarely dream. Most often I only dream when I wake up in the morning, don't feel like getting up, then fall asleep for another half hour (kind of like what you said with the try it when you're not too tired thing).

Nice tutorial, Rep+.

EDIT: Posts: 2,999. Yay, done spamming the last couple...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZaSz View Post
    Its sad I don't dream pretty much at all. It might be because of the 5 hours or less of sleep I get lol. i dreamed i met this girl in a dream back when i was 10, and I was in a city like Brooklyn or something, I saw her in kmart and she invited me over, I met her brother.

After I awoke, the next day, I saw her in walmart (in colorado (where i live)), no joke, and I know the first time I saw her was in the dream.

[off-reality statement]A weird thing my first memory is a dream of a memory Like, I remember playing hide and seek with my cousin (I was like 2-4), then I woke up at age 7. I didn't dream i was 2-4, it was something in my life.

Well, I guess the first dream would be 2-4 y/o, but I remembering at 7, that it was the first time I remembered that? Im confusing myself now lol [offtopic]

Lol I made like so much more offtopic then I shouldve.
    haha its all good. And i get like 4 hours of sleep a day and there all wild naps, its okay you can still do it.
    I have heard of the whole seeing into the future dream stuff, ill study up, however i dont know what to think of it as i had one similair where someone moved into my neighborhood and it happened the next day. Ill post some stuff on dream pregognition (i think thats what its called). Thanks for the reply too.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    Trying not do double post lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad View Post
    Wow, lucid dreaming seems like a video game in which you are God

The problem I have is I rarely dream. Most often I only dream when I wake up in the morning, don't feel like getting up, then fall asleep for another half hour (kind of like what you said with the try it when you're not too tired thing).

Nice tutorial, Rep+.
    Thanks for the rep, and that is a induction DWID which is very common. It does not matter if you dont dream, have a wild and you will. And yes its much like a video just the physics/graphics/ai is alot better...lol.
    Last edited by Neehosoft; 08-18-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Not double posting :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baked0420 View Post
    I think it's because he believed it would happen. Like if you tell a little kid when he sleeps the same thing, I'm sure it'd work for them also, as long as they remember you saying it in their sleep. I think the only hard part would be remembering it in the sleep, and not just forgetting.
    Good Comment. I think that too, if i said in this tut that when you first lucid dream everything would be purple, and they believed me, when they lucid dream everything would be purple because thats what he expected. And actualy you are very smart in lucid dreams and good at remembering.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

This looks sooo cool, I am gonna keep trying till I can do it.
    Cheers
    Rep+

T~M

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

i can control what people do in my dreams most the time but i dont dream that much anymore and when i get a nightmare i cant get out of them or do anything to stop them most of them just continue on with another nightmare :/ (never been able to control myself in a dream i dont think ;s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol i was trying the WILD one but accidently moved my arm, didn't even notice until a few seconds after.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I JUST tried WILD, and I felt my self about to fall asleep my breathing slowed to the minimum, and then suddenly there was a bright flash of light, which actually hurt, then a few seconds later,another so I opened my eyes and went downstairs. Me and my mum have been talking about it for about an hour and I have some questions.
    Is Lucid Dreaming, Day Dreaming?
    Are you actually asleep when you Lucid Dream?
    What are these white flashing light that I saw/felt?
    Has anyone else got these white flashing light?
    My view on the flashing light: The mind checking if I am asleep/awake. I think it always does it but because I was aware of falling asleep I actually felt and saw these lights.
    My mum told me not to try anymore because if someone burnt theirchand with a cigarette then you could just as easily chop off your hand or something.

Please answer.
    T~M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tad View Post
    This is the same problem I have.
    I'd love to be in control of my dreams .
    I'm going to try this out tonight.

Also, I have felt before that i'm almost floating, while i'm awake in bed. Maybe right before I fall asleep. Does that have anything to do with this?
    Last edited by Sean[714]; 08-19-2009 at 08:18 AM.
    Sean[714] @rscheata.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I JUST tried WILD, and I felt my self about to fall asleep my breathing slowed to the minimum, and then suddenly there was a bright flash of light, which actually hurt, then a few seconds later,another so I opened my eyes and went downstairs. Me and my mum have been talking about it for about an hour and I have some questions.
    My view on the flashing light: The mind checking if I am asleep/awake. I think it always does it but because I was aware of falling asleep I actually felt and saw these lights.
    My mum told me not to try anymore because if someone burnt theirchand with a cigarette then you could just as easily chop off your hand or something.

Please answer.
    T~M

You know who else saw a bright white light (it blinded him)?

Paul.

Perhaps this is God's way of telling you to stop trying to lucid dream? I dunno, that was my first thought XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Infintry001 View Post
    You know who else saw a bright white light (it blinded him)?

Paul.

Perhaps this is God's way of telling you to stop trying to lucid dream? I dunno, that was my first thought XD
    That's because he persecuted Jews.
    And God was mad at him!
    I think The Man is okay
    Sean[714] @rscheata.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post

Please answer.
    T~M
    Maybe you shouldn't hold your breath for extended periods of time
    Quote Originally Posted by irc
    [00:55:29] < Guest3097> I lol at how BenLand100 has become noidea
    [01:07:40] <@BenLand100> i'm not noidea i'm
    [01:07:44] -!- BenLand100 is now known as BenLand42-
    [01:07:46] <@BenLand42-> shit
    [01:07:49] -!- BenLand42- is now known as BenLand420
    [01:07:50] <@BenLand420> YEA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oo00o View Post
    That's because he persecuted Jews.
    And God was mad at him!
    I think The Man is okay
    Haha true dat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

For me a dream diary was a crucial part while learning about lucid dreaming.

Because learning about lucid dreaming means to learn about dreams and yourself in general.

I had my first self induced lucid dream after 3 weeks practicing. I saw a LAAARGE computer screen in my dream. I Knew that i was dreaming (reality check), and could use my mind to control what i was seeing on the screen.

Than later I had lucid dreams more often(90% recoginzed by reality checks). I tried various Ideas and fantasies (Including stretching the time ALOT, so that when i woke up it felt like i was gone for mutliple days or even weeks!).

Though my goal back than was to practice drawing while sleeping. Which didnt seem to work, cause the more i focused on a drawing I was the more blurry it became. So I figured that creating art in a dreams is something hardly possible.

Things i tried included.:
    Extreme Sports, Using my eyes like mega-binoculars zooming in "grass" till the monecular area.
    Changing Night to day(Oh, watch out that you also imagine a blue sky, or you will end up with a starry sky with a Sun and a bright day.... looks kinda weird)... Nasty stuff, yeh yeh yeh...

Oh... another thing... In my dreams computers lack usability, with keyboard that only have 2 keys to control everything! Not even a mouse.. i searched so long for that damn mouse :'D....

Feel free to contact me with questions about lucid dreaming, I practiced it for about a year.

~caused

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information