Poll: Is this tutorial Helpfull and should i make more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming Guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    I keep doing them while I'm awake so that it becomes a habit, which hopefully carries through to my dreams. What I remember from my dreams was me just going through my daily life, although I didn't have any control over what happened, like most dreams. I'm just working on trying to recognize my dreams, and then hopefully if I recognize that I'm dreaming, I will be able to control them
    To control what happens once you realise you are dreaming, you really have to focus your mind on what you want to happen in your surroundings if you master your thinking while dreaming you can make anything happen. It is very hard to do so. even after years of lucidly dreaming on/off it is still hard to control 100% of my dreams.
    If I see you autoing with level 3/default clothes/crap name I WILL report you. Auto Correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

When I lucid dream I try to spawn hot girls and fuck them but I can never spawn anything,

also reality is an illusion created by the lack of dimethyltryptamine.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Still yet to have one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, i definately need to try this some time. Sounds pretty insane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yea ive had a few lucid dreams in my time , never been able to control them fully , one time i remember becoming lucid .. i was at a party (in my dream) and suddenly everyone disappeared and i was like wtf? hmm might try running threw walls since im dreaming so i tried and failed just ran streight into the wall lol :P , but then things got weird as soon as i ran into the wall a "demon" screamed at me and i felt weird then i woke up :O and i was still feeling weird dunn dunn dunn

oh and i just found out about astral projection seems way cooler tried to give it ago but feel asleep 3 times , but one time i got this weird sensation threw my body and got to excited and my heart was pounding why to fast so i had to stop closest ive got lol
    Last edited by meditate; 02-04-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interesting post sir, I've been interested in this for a long time and you're techniques are explained more clearly than others I've seen. The reality check section was interesting, I'm a fan of mind expansion and trying to figure out what existence is about so I've done the whole trying LSD and mushrooms, (both if anyone is interested LSD is much better but read about it ALOT before you do it, it's not meant for everybody) I don't think people realize how strong the brain is, it really comes into light if you do any psychadelic enhancers, after some of my experiences I can see how that line between realities can become blurred.
    "Do not attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

A suggestion for those that try but don't succeed, repeatedly play music via your iPod/similar device (with headphones!).

What type of music you ask? Well, technically that's entirely personal and different for each individual. However, get some music that will make you imagine a vivid scene while you are awake, preferably without words. What do I mean by this? I mean, when you are awake and you listen to this piece of music, you will visualise a scene in your mind (i.e. daydream). It could be you dreaming of who you want to be in the future, or it could be you commanding others to do something (you wanting success).

Play that while you are lying down in bed, make sure it's long and on repeat mode (and won't wake you up when it does repeat [no sudden stops or starts]). While playing this, stay incredibly still and then tell your body as if you are speaking to another person to "relax". Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Now, this step can very hard for some, but you have to allow yourself to visualise an environment (a very vivid scene) from that music (i.e. letting your mind wander), BUT have enough consciousness to snap out of it into a fully conscious state (keep in mind, without moving your body).

Good luck!
    Daniel.
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Thanks Daniel, might give it another shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

thats crazy! kinda reminds me of waking up but not being able to move my body for 2 mins... forgot what it was called but it was cool every thing was all euphoric but i eventually snapped out of it and quickly regained control of my body...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good guide I had about 4-5 lucid dreams in my life and it was done without any techniques. Now, i will try out some techniques you have posted here, gonna post again in a few weeks to say how its going.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's nice to see how many other LD'ers there are ;D

I myself have been LD'ing for about 5 years now... after doing it for quiet some time and learning exactly what makes you LD best you can actually do it on command (I'm not sure if you covered that in your tutorial, I'm pretty tired so only had the willpower to read about half of it.)

Then all you have to do is learn to sleep with your eyes open and your golden! ;D

Of all the techniques highlighted, I personally found the "Dream Journal" to be the most effective.

On topic: Great guide and well explained from what I read (:

In regards to your cigarette burn i too had a really weird dream like that. It happened about 3 years ago and i was "doubling" on my bike with a friend when our tired suddenly lost control and he landed on my arm, we slid across gravel for a good 4-5 feet with his full weight on my arm and tore a gash in my elbow, when i woke up my sheets were covered in blood and my elbow was in the worst bloody pain >_<"

3 years later i still got the scar... freakiest moment of my life!

http://screensnapr.com/v/48t3HN.png

Really shit camera, but you can still kinda see it ;D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Tbh I don't believe it.. I've never even remotely had control of my dreams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What if i see my dreams from third person :/
    My other username is cresi.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/117y7ox.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow thanks for this! I can't wait to try it! I did the black eye method before I ever heard about it lol I can't even sleep without using the black eye method... I used to have to push on my eyes a little but now I just close them and focus on the black and blue and after awhile I make my entire "vision?" Just go black starting from the middle and within seconds im out! I have never tried controlling my dreams but I can't wait to try it now!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoX View Post
    What if i see my dreams from third person :/
    I've done that. It's just as awesome. You just sit back, being aware, but letting your subconscious do all the work
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

thanks for the guide ive been looking for one of these. Im gonna try it out today and ill tell u if it worked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I've done that. It's just as awesome. You just sit back, being aware, but letting your subconscious do all the work
    I actually never had a first person dream is this somehow bad?
    My other username is cresi.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/117y7ox.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoX View Post
    I actually never had a first person dream is this somehow bad?
    Not bad, just different from the way the minds of many people work :P I have some third person memories :/ those are interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Had my first LD with semi - full control last night

I revisited this guide today. It's been years since I first read it.

I've have tried many times before, but always get too excited once I realize, and wake up with a rapid heartbeat. I used the same strategy as I normally do when I try lucid dream; just deep breathing and clearing the thoughts.

Anyways, I thought I'd explain my dream, whether anyone cares to read or not.

This is the first of my diaries:

I started the dream like always, semi-conscious of the decisions I make, but clueless that it was a dream. It was like most of my adventurous dreams: water skiing near a beautiful island of what seemed to be Greece. It did get a little out of control though. We decided upon using the boat as raft to go down some rapids, and surprisingly enough, the boat flipped. It hurt. But as my semi-conscious dream progressed, I found myself with my two close cousins, cliff diving into the ocean. Swimming is one of my favorite parts of dreams. The depth felt so infinite this time -- I stayed down there down there what felt like forever surveying this void of nothingness. It got dark, and the darkened water felt unsettling, so I got out and smoked some weed. This is where it gets interesting.

I was in the universe. I was watching myself walk on a skyscraper. The background had the appearance of a purple - golden galaxy. There was nothing else but me, the skyscraper, and this galaxy. The skyscraper wasn’t vertical; it was horizontal, like a road. My dream was playing music, and I believe it was Pink Floyd’s Echoes, a song I was listening to previously that day. This is difficult for me to explain, but as I walked, a section of the scraper would open up like double doors, and I would walk through it only to be walking on another skyscraper in the same galaxy. This pattern continued for a short period of time, until I found myself inside gloomy colored, geometric cement sewers. I wasn’t disappointed however. I saw a family in bright colored cloths hastily walk by multiple times. Something clicked –

“I’m dreaming”. But this time, I wasn’t excited.

“I guess I’m just gonna go see my friends and let them know,” I thought.

So I opened a nearby door and stepped inside my basement to see my friends. All of my good friends were there BUT my few close friends. The people in my basement were people I loved, but our socialization solely revolved around drinking. Anyways, I told the news to one of my drinking buddies:

“Dude, I’m dreaming right now.”

He had a bummed look on his face. “You mean none of this exists right now?” he said as he motioned his hand across all my friends who clearly were all enjoying themselves.

“Well yeah, pretty much. But hey, you exist in real life, but right now, you’re just a creation in my dream” I said.

I could tell he felt a little better once I had said that. I brought another one of my friends outside to prove that I was dreaming.

“Look.” I said as I pointed to a cloud in the sky and moved it with the motion of my hand.

He was truly amazed. I then looked at someone I didn’t recognize, a possible DC, and like instinct, I made him invisible (similar to the halo 3 invisibility). Everyone watching was ‘oohing and ‘aaahing’ as I made him reappear. I then, with complete confidence, made myself invisible to them. It was incredible how I could FEEL myself turn invisible. My friends’ reactions further confirmed the invisibility. This is one of those moments where I never felt so confident in my life.

I then was telling my friend Nick about how I read the guide to lucid dreaming (this one) and how this ‘guy’ said how gravity is affected in the dream world. We walked outside on the trampoline and both started to jump. I’m not sure if the gravity effect worked on him (it did for me), but he was playing along like it did. I then told him about how in this guide, looking at your hand is another way for proof. My fingers looked like swollen stubs that grew and shrank. We were both laughing like little kids. As I got off the trampoline, thinking about what I should do next, I saw a massive cat, staring at me from across the yard. I didn’t do anything but observe it, which was when I felt the pressure in my bladder; I had to pee. This is what woke me up.

I still didn’t have complete control over the dream, but it was a start. Also, my confidence still wasn’t where it needed to be to be able to do more. My confidence mainly derived from what I remembered and believed from this guide, besides the clouds and the invisibility. If I had more trust in myself, I could have done a lot more. Perhaps if I work on it more in real life, it will pay off in my dreams.
    Last edited by conro; 03-08-2012 at 05:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Most of the time I'm able to detect that I'm in a dream, but when I try to alter the dream to much I end up waking up everytime.

Funny because it's a bit like inception lol.

Also I don't think you mentioned it in your tutorial, but if you try to read something in a dream, it will all be a bunch of letters that look like words, separated in paragraph like usual, but means nothing. Something like this:

Code:
    Ddksf pqkfkem eowqp  pproeoj jdjfj.
    fqoitirit wptmsb fhf jk fmsue fkdkiw mmq9xc cmidifkp fdskfod, fjsqâldm qoefmaz!

Lskdjf fnnf ewi ofkkkf xmxmam.
    Since I always carry my wallet with me IRL, I usualy carry it in my dreams too so all I have to do is read my liscense. Also I notice that my hands are messed up when I take my wallet so it's a double reality check.

Another reality check can also be to look into a mirror, the laws of optics do not apply in dreams and a mirror will usually be extremly blurry or simply reflect light in a very unusual way.
    Last edited by eska; 03-25-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    My scripts:
    Advanced Barb Agility Course(outdated), MonkeyThieverV0.11, MahoganyTableV0.4(outdated)
    Questions? I bet that for 98% of those, you'll find answer HERE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this a very cool good read!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    A suggestion for those that try but don't succeed, repeatedly play music via your iPod/similar device (with headphones!).

What type of music you ask? Well, technically that's entirely personal and different for each individual. However, get some music that will make you imagine a vivid scene while you are awake, preferably without words. What do I mean by this? I mean, when you are awake and you listen to this piece of music, you will visualise a scene in your mind (i.e. daydream). It could be you dreaming of who you want to be in the future, or it could be you commanding others to do something (you wanting success).

Play that while you are lying down in bed, make sure it's long and on repeat mode (and won't wake you up when it does repeat [no sudden stops or starts]). While playing this, stay incredibly still and then tell your body as if you are speaking to another person to "relax". Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Now, this step can very hard for some, but you have to allow yourself to visualise an environment (a very vivid scene) from that music (i.e. letting your mind wander), BUT have enough consciousness to snap out of it into a fully conscious state (keep in mind, without moving your body).

Good luck!
    Daniel.

Thanks I'll try it too, since I didn't succed on my last try ^^

I'll tell you if it worked

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I'm gonna try this sometime. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Ooooh, I sometimes manage to do this just before I wake up, didn't know it was possible to "force" it. Thanks for sharing this!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Sounds cool I remember hearing somewhere that there is a herb you can smoke that gives extremely intense vivid dreams but I can't remember what its called.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information