Thread: A Guide to Junior and SRL Members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default A Guide to Junior and SRL Members

This Guide is outdated. The Jr. Member system has been significantly modified.

A Guide to Junior and SRL Members

Table of Contents
    ([QuickFind Code] Topic)
    • [A1] What is a Jr. Member?
    • [A2] How do I become a Jr. Member?
    • [A3] What benefits do I receive as a Jr. Member?
    • [B1] What is an SRL Member?
    • [B2] How do I become an SRL Member?
    • [B3] What benefits do I receive as an SRL Member?
    • [C1] FAQ

A1 – What is a Jr. Member?

A Junior Member is a member of the SRL Community that has contributed positively in some sort of way to the community. The requirements to achieve Jr. Member status are relatively simple to attain, as you will see below, hence the majority of active users in the SRL Community are Jr. Members. In a nutshell, the chain of command goes like this: Registered User -> Junior Member -> SRL Member -> SRL Developer* -> Moderator -> Administrator. Jr. Members have access to a large part of the forums here, enough to become an active and respected member of the community.

*You do not need to be an SRL Developer to advance to the ranks of Moderator or Administrator. I just put it there because they have less power than staff but are a bigger part of SRL than a simple SRL Member

A2 – How do I become a Jr. Member?

Simply put, 10 posts and a single week of registration are all you need to become a Jr. Member. However, those 10 posts must be completely non-spam. What do I mean by spam you say? Posting things like “Thanks this is a good script I’ll try it later” or “Hahaha that’s funny I lol’d” can be considered spam in most situations. In addition, posting things completely irrelevant to the topic at hand and most one-word posts are also considered spam. If you spam, you run the risk of being temporarily or even permanently banned from SRL. Also note that the upgrade in rank may take longer than 7 days (occasionally 8-9). Don’t post asking why you aren’t a Jr. Member on the 7th day, as the process was probably just delayed for some reason. Lastly, a small bug on the forums sometimes causes you to have Jr. Member privileges when your user title still says Registered User. This is not a big deal. In fact, those with the Registered User user title glitch have the ability to get a nifty ‘Community Member’ user title when they reach 300 posts (It does not grant any extra privelages).

A3 – What benefits do I receive as a Jr. Member?

As a Junior Member, you gain access to a very nice section of the forum called Jr. Member Scripts . As of the time of writing this guide, there are a couple good powerskillers in Free For All, but not much else, so you can't really start hardcore autoing until you're a Jr. Member. The reason for this is that the only types of scripts allowed in the Free For All section are powerskillers and sellers (no bankers). The Jr. Member section is where the majority of good scripts are located, covering nearly every skill in Runescape. Oh, and I forgot to mention that you also get a sexy yellow-green name (Thanks JAD)

B1 – What is an SRL Member?

SRL Members are those that they have proven they are above average programmers/scripters and/or have contributed in great ways to the SRL Community. SRL Members are expected to be mature and helpful throughout the forums, as they set the example of what the community is like. When you hit the Apply For Membership button you are asked for a variety of information regarding yourself, followed up by a spot to show your work with SCAR/SRL (i.e. a script). After completing the form, your application is put up as a poll for all SRL Members+ to vote on. Many factors play into whether you will be accepted or not, most of which are highlighted below. You do not need to become an SRL Member to be part of the community, the title ‘SRL Member’ is a bit misleading. Being an SRL Member is simply a special rank for someone who fits the above description.

B2 – How do I become an SRL Member?

There are multiple ways you can become an SRL Member:
    • Apply for Membership via the Apply For Membership link in the SRL Public Section
    • Contribute enough as a Jr. Member to be noticed by the higher-ups who may consider you for auto-memberization
    • Be a leader of another major botting community

Of them all, applying for membership is probably the quickest and easiest route to take. To even have a chance for auto-memberization you’ll probably have to have been here for 1 year+, active nearly the whole time, all while being helpful and contributing in any way you can. Being a leader of another botting community is probably the hardest of the three, and besides, why would you want to be an SRL Member here if you already lead another community . Now, applying for membership generally consists of a couple factors:

• Script(s) [No Script = No Members 99% of the time]
    • Maturity [Be active enough to show that we won’t regret accepting you]
    • Activity [Be active enough to get noticed by others]
    • Helpfulness [Help others out, whether it be on IRC, forums, or anywhere you can, basically]

For help on what to include in your script, have a look at Nava2's Guide to SRL Member Applications.

An amazing scripter with 25 posts and a month of longevity still has a chance to get in; Basically you don’t need all of the above traits to have a chance to make it in, though the more you have, the likelier you will get accepted.

B3 – What benefits do I receive as an SRL Member?

Numerous benefits are given to SRL Members. These include

• Option to have an Avatar
    • Access to a whole new section of the forums, including…
      • SRL Member Scripts section (A mimic of the Jr. section, except of course with other scripts )
      • SRL Member News (Same as General News except for the more private discussions)
      • SRL Member Tutorials (The Tutorials people don’t want everyone to know about)
      • Much, much more, including 2 or 3 secret goodies
    • A sexy yellow name
    • The respect of the rest of the community
    • A great sense of accomplishment (thanks JAD)

Quote Originally Posted by Starblaster100 View Post
    Admin: 180 x 180
    Moderator: 100 x 100

Best Newcommer: 0
    Communist: 100 x 100
    Most Harmless: 80 x 80
    Competition Winner: 0
    SRL Devs: 180 x 180
    SRL Helper: 80 x 80
    Junior SRL member: 0
    SRL Member: 50 x 50
    SRL Scripter: 80 x 80
    Tutorial Writer: 50 x 50
    Useful Poster: 0

If you are in multiple groups, it is the bigger size
    NOTE: Site Supporter (Donator) only grants you access to a bunch of default avatars (128x128, the big ones you see many people with) (Thanks Zeph and Brain). To my knowledge, you do not receive privileges for a custom avatar.

C1 – FAQ

Do I retain Junior/SRL Member status forever?

Jr. Member status is there to stay, as long as you didn’t break any rules (spamming, for example) to get there. SRL Members have been pruned before, most recently when the release of SMART was to SRL Members only. Pruning decreased the risk of a leak. If you are pruned and come back later to find yourself de-membered, you will probably be granted your rank back. You may also lose your SRL Member status for breaking certain rules where they may not be serious enough to give you a permanent ban but serious enough for a temporary ban along with de-membership.

Must I apply for Junior Membership?

No. Jr. Membership is granted automatically. As mentioned above, there maybe be a 1-2 day delay. The Apply For Membership button is applying for SRL Members, not Jr. Members.

Can I get SRL Members by Donating?

Short and simple – No. You can only achieve SRL Membership through the three ways mentioned in this tutorial.

It has been 7 days and I have 10 posts yet I'm not a Jr. Member yet, why? (Thanks JAD)

Wait it out for another couple days. If by day 10 you are not a Jr. Member (Please note the glitch mentioned in the How To Become a Jr. Member section, make sure you cannot see the Jr. Member Scripts section), PM an admin and hopefully he'll sort it out.

Do you have any tips on how to be a respected member of the community?

Glad you asked! I recommend everyone, new or old, to read this How To Become Respected at SRL tutorial. It’s old, but it still stands true. It also helps your auto-memberization chances, if that’s the path you chose.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Runescapian321; 11-06-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sexy tut, i didn't know the avvy sizes .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Nice tut, but for the junior member bit, the scripts in junior members simply are scripts that bank. There are a bunch of awesome power scripts in the free for all area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A good guide. I learned a lot from this
    Rep+

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Stuck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Griff721 View Post
    Nice tut, but for the junior member bit, the scripts in junior members simply are scripts that bank. There are a bunch of awesome power scripts in the free for all area.
    Where/what should I change

Quote Originally Posted by Zevs View Post
    A good guide. I learned a lot from this
    Rep+
    Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrsFury View Post
    Stuck!
    Cool, thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I know that site supporter does not give you a 100x100 avvy

and it depends on if you use a custom one or not.
    Proud owner of "Efferator" my totally boted main account!
    "You see, sometimes, science is not a guess" -Xiaobing Zhou (my past physics professor, with heavy Chinese accent)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I know that site supporter does not give you a 100x100 avvy

and it depends on if you use a custom one or not.
    Yeah, you only get access to the default ones (Right? Or can you use smaller custom ones too?) which are 100x100. I guess I'll make a note on that, thanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Donator gives you access to the afterglow avatars which are something like 120x120. It doesn't not affect the size limit of custom avatars though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

afterglow/defaults are 128x128
    otherwise, what zeph said
    "You see, sometimes, science is not a guess" -Xiaobing Zhou (my past physics professor, with heavy Chinese accent)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrsFury View Post
    Donator gives you access to the afterglow avatars which are something like 120x120. It doesn't not affect the size limit of custom avatars though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    afterglow/defaults are 128x128
    otherwise, what zeph said
    Oh, I wonder why Star said 100x100 then Thanks guys.

EDIT: If you are solely a Site Supporter do you get access to a 50x50 custom avatar or just the default/afterglow ones?
    Last edited by Runescapian321; 09-13-2009 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I don't feel I can divulge that information....?

I don't wanna lose my perks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tad View Post
    Where/what should I change
    You said that the free for all scripts don't work very well, but a lot of them work great, that's all I meant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Griff721 View Post
    You said that the free for all scripts don't work very well, but a lot of them work great, that's all I meant.
    Oh thanks. I haven't been in FFA lately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can i become Jr member If i Gain them 10 posts after That 1 Week of being registered?
    Last edited by Warren; 01-16-2010 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Made it make more sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    Can i become Jr member If i Gain them 10 posts after That 1 Week of being registered?
    Obviously.
    That was stated in the first post.
    Join the IRC! irc.rizon.net:6667/srl | SQLite (0.99rc3+) | SRL Doc | Simba Doc | Extra Simba Libraries (openSSL & sqlite3)
    Quote Originally Posted by #srl
    10:45 < Toter> daphil when can get sex anyday I want
    10:45 < Toter> he is always on #SRL
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sex View Post
    Obviously.
    That was stated in the first post.
    Can i ask you where exactly it was stated? if it was i can't notice it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Why, yes I can .
    A2 – How do I become a Jr. Member?

Simply put, 10 posts and a single week of registration are all you need to become a Jr. Member. However, those 10 posts must be completely non-spam. What do I mean by spam you say? Posting things like “Thanks this is a good script I’ll try it later” or “Hahaha that’s funny I lol’d” can be considered spam in most situations. In addition, posting things completely irrelevant to the topic at hand and most one-word posts are also considered spam. If you spam, you run the risk of being temporarily or even permanently banned from SRL. Also note that the upgrade in rank may take longer than 7 days (occasionally 8-9). Don’t post asking why you aren’t a Jr. Member on the 7th day, as the process was probably just delayed for some reason. Lastly, a small bug on the forums sometimes causes you to have Jr. Member privileges when your user title still says Registered User. This is not a big deal. In fact, those with the Registered User user title glitch have the ability to get a nifty ‘Community Member’ user title when they reach 300 posts (It does not grant any extra privelages).

Join the IRC! irc.rizon.net:6667/srl | SQLite (0.99rc3+) | SRL Doc | Simba Doc | Extra Simba Libraries (openSSL & sqlite3)
    Quote Originally Posted by #srl
    10:45 < Toter> daphil when can get sex anyday I want
    10:45 < Toter> he is always on #SRL
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nice tut this helped alot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am a little confused, i remember i was a junior member, and around that time i had school to catch up, so i was a while away from this community. Now when i came back i am a registered user with 100 posts. I suspect that the ranks were restarted for those who were away for quite some time, but anyway, bottom line is:

Can i has Junior? No? Anybody?
    Last edited by Nikize; 11-06-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Thread Information