Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reputation

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

You guys keep saying it never hurts anyone - did you miss my post or did you just ignore it since it doesn't suit your opinion?

Edit: R1ch: I believe the admins decision was that it was safer to have known "bad" people rather than have them unknown under a new alias. I am also led to believe that all who fall into this category have been frozen at Jr.
    Last edited by mixster; 10-10-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    By reading this signature you agree that mixster is superior to you in each and every way except the bad ways but including the really bad ways.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzup? View Post
    Randomly handing out A grades never hurts anyone, and might make them a little happy. Why should it be against the rules?
    But we got infracted for giving out rep, whilst there are people on these forums who stole peoples accounts, made a pitiful appeal, and got allowed back in. Also there are people who have been banned and unbanned around 3 times...
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R1ch View Post
    But we got infracted for giving out rep, whilst there are people on these forums who stole peoples accounts, made a pitiful appeal, and got allowed back in. Also there are people who have been banned and unbanned around 3 times...
    I think Wizzup? was being sarcastic, as randomly giving out A grades can hurt people.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

I know he was being sarcastic. But why should we get infracted for giving out rep, whilst there are people here who should be permanently banned according to the rules.
    <3

I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Randomly handing out A grades never hurts anyone, and might make them a little happy. Why should it be against the rules?
    A Grades have purpose, reputation does not. Well we thought it since you were saying it all the time, then I read this thread and apparently it does.

Following up what R1ch has said : people have posted password stealing scripts to do no good and only for personal gain and hurting others, knowing it was against the rules. Yet, they get banned, and unbanned, frozen to Jr Members for some and others just get away with it.

We rep people maybe to be kind and maybe establish a friendship between us; in other words to do good, not knowing it was against the rules.

Fair right ?
    Last edited by Dervish; 10-10-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr D. Dervish View Post
    A Grades have purpose, reputation does not. Well we thought it since you were saying it all the time, then I read this thread and apparently it does.

Following up what R1ch has said : people have posted password stealing scripts to do no good and only for personal gain and hurting others, knowing it was against the rules. Yet, they get banned, and unbanned, frozen to Jr Members for some and others just get away with it.

We rep people maybe to be kind and maybe establish a friendship between us; in other words to do good, not knowing it was against the rules.

Fair right ?
    Exactly what I'm trying to say.

Also, could I ask when the rule of not giving rep was implemented?
    <3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Exactly what I'm trying to say.

Also, could I ask when the rule of not giving rep was implemented?
    Now i guess .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Erm, you guys ignored my edit - I believe it was the admins decision as it is better to know who they are rather than have them return under aliases only with the same situation arising again.

Likewise, it should be common sense that you only rep people when you think they have a good post. Would you go up to random people in the street and say "Well done!"? If you would, then it may be that you shouldn't be allowed to rep.

If you think rep is the only way to get to know someone new, you could, kind of, try talking to them? Send a pm or a reply in the topic.
    By reading this signature you agree that mixster is superior to you in each and every way except the bad ways but including the really bad ways.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mixster View Post
    Erm, you guys ignored my edit - I believe it was the admins decision as it is better to know who they are rather than have them return under aliases only with the same situation arising again.

Likewise, it should be common sense that you only rep people when you think they have a good post. Would you go up to random people in the street and say "Well done!"? If you would, then it may be that you shouldn't be allowed to rep.

If you think rep is the only way to get to know someone new, you could, kind of, try talking to them? Send a pm or a reply in the topic.
    Would you do that in the street ?

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr D. Dervish View Post

Fair right ?
    Well, now you know?
    I already stated that infractions would only be handed out after this topic had been created.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

If I wanted to get to know them I would.

Any other pointless questions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Nope.

When we ask for disable rep, what does it say when other people try to rep you? and does your balls goes away?
    Oh Hai Dar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Main_Ftw View Post
    Nope.

When we ask for disable rep, what does it say when other people try to rep you? and does your balls goes away?
    You get a single, greyed out, erm, "ball".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Main_Ftw View Post
    I don't think it disables rep, it just hides it. You can still rep people with the single gray square (I think, I didn't try as I want to avoid an infraction....but it lets me start to rep wizzup?, and his is not shown)

You can un-show your own rep by going to User CP > Edit Options, but as far as I know, it's not technically disabled.
    Proud owner of "Efferator" my totally boted main account!
    "You see, sometimes, science is not a guess" -Xiaobing Zhou (my past physics professor, with heavy Chinese accent)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

I already stated that infractions would only be handed out after this topic had been created.
    Then why did I a warning?

Date/time of my post: 10-06-2009, 01:49 AM

Date/time of this topic: 10-06-2009, 06:54 AM

Simple maths and you can see I didn't do anything after this thread.
    <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good example wizzup? I also think all the threads in celebration should stop

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Then why did I a warning?

Date/time of my post: 10-06-2009, 01:49 AM

Date/time of this topic: 10-06-2009, 06:54 AM

Simple maths and you can see I didn't do anything after this thread.
    You and Laurens had bad luck. You guys were really going the wrong way with reputation - even before my post. That infraction was perfectly valid.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

You and Laurens had bad luck. You guys were really going the wrong way with reputation - even before my post. That infraction was perfectly valid.
    .. not to mention all other rep-spreadders ..

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laur€ns View Post
    .. not to mention all other rep-spreadders ..
    See the "bad luck" part.

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

So let me get this straight. You could only be assed to give two people infractions...Good one...To me it seems like one rule for some, and another for others. Forums shouldn't be run by luck.
    <3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

So let me get this straight. You could only be assed to give two people infractions...Good one...To me it seems like one rule for some, and another for others. Forums shouldn't be run by luck.
    +1.

Was that fair ?

Sigh... This has gone too far. Infract me now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Exactly my point in my other thread, read the replies

T~M

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Meh. I random repped a lot of people too.

I don't care if you infract me. Might as well. Do it.

Then disable my rep. It's pointless now that it's been flooded so much. I'd rather have a grey square.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Inside the Matrix...yes it has me, and it has you too.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Meh. I random repped a lot of people too.

I don't care if you infract me. Might as well. Do it.

Then disable my rep. It's pointless now that it's been flooded so much. I'd rather have a grey square.
    You can disable your own rep btw. Go to your edit section. Its in there. Not enough time atm to post exactly where, if someone can help me out .
    NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicle1800 View Post
    You can disable your own rep btw. Go to your edit section. Its in there. Not enough time atm to post exactly where, if someone can help me out .
    User CP -> Edit Options

At the very top there's a checkbox for 'Show Your Reputation Level'. I don't know if it has the same affect as whatever the Admins can do but it's worth a try I suppose.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information