Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Be a Noob by TooManySitUps

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default How to Be a Noob by TooManySitUps

How to Be a Noob by TooManySitUps

So, you want to be a Noob eh? Whether you want to people to hate you, ignore you, not help you, not respect you, not vote for your membership application, or if you just want to be a Noob for fun, you've come to the right place!

Being a Noob is all about making bad posts. There are lots of ways to make bad posts, as you can see by the large amount of posts that shouldn't even had been made.

Not Searching First-A great way to be a special type of Noob, Lazy Noob, is to say something that has been said before, or ask a question that has been answered a million times before. Losers like Boreas say search first, or look at Stickied Tutorials, but the best way is to be Lazy Noob and not bother. Go ahead and post whatever crap comes to your mind, without thinking about it first, or putting in effort, then sit back and watch those losers flame you.

Double Posting- This way is all about ignoring something that is meant of you to use, the edit button.

Instead of making a post right another post, those non-Noob losers use the edit button to add stuff the first post, usually like this.
    This is the original post, blah blah.

Edit: This is what I wanted to add after. This is what would go in another post.
    The patented Noob way is to make another post right after the other one. The trick is to pretend like you can't even see the edit button!

Posting in Wrong Forum- This way is also about ignoring, ignoring forum titles. This one is a little harder to do, because you have to ignore something that is clearly marked at the top of the page, but you can do it! There are a few common ways to accomplish this such as;
    Posting problems about downloading and installing SRL in any forum other than 'SRL Installation and Downloading Problems'
    Posting requests for scripts in any forum other than 'Script Request'

Posting in Wrong Thread/ Off Topic- This is related to the above, but is even more annoying and Noobish because it messes up the person who created the thread! A good way to do this is to ask for help on getting a script to work, on any random thread other than the thread of the script. Another example is making a request on a script thread. The more off it is, the more Noob Points you get.

Making a Generally Useless Post- My favorites are posting something obvious, or a simple 'I agree', or the ever popular 'lol'. If the thread would be pretty much the same or better without your post, its useless. The more pointless the post, the more Noob Points you get.

Being Immature- Seeing as this forum is mostly made of teenagers, a little immaturity is expected. So to really to get Noob Points, you gotta be really immature. Not thinking before posting, and disrupting threads helps with this.

Leet Speak- Now I don't mean abbreviations (why is that a long word?) like BTW, AFAIK, etc, I mean the using numbers and symbols as letters etc, that make it hard to read. The harder it is to read, the more Noob Points you get.

Spelling and Grammar- Using poor spelling and grammar gets you Lazy and Stupid Noob Points, because it shows a lack of effort in posting well. A few mistakes here and there won't get you any, but if it's really hard to read, you get lots!

Flaming- Constructive criticism, and arguing with points don't count, but 'dood you suck!' gets you major Noob Points. Also, general being an ass and pissing people off (especially well respected people) will help.

Leeching- Not everyone scripts, some people just test and give reports, that won't get you Noob Points. You get Noob Points by refusing to try to learn to script by looking at tuts in the tutorial section, and then asking for help with a simple problem that you could have fixed yourself if you had just read a little.

Complaining/Demanding-This is like mega leeching, which is why you get extra Noob Points! You can do this by complaining about free scripts not working. You get even more Noob Points if it's a simple problem that you could have fixed if you weren't a leeching Noob. The other way is demanding/begging that someone write you a good script. Requesting a script nicely, especially one that hasn't been requested before, and in the Script Request section, gets you no points, because it helps scripters who don't have an idea of what to write. The less detailed, and the more like 'make me a macro that gets me muny pl0x!', the more Noob Points you get.

Member Apps- Submitting bad membership applications that are an automatic no is a great way to rack up Noob Points. Ways to this include, submitting an app with no script, submitting an app as soon as you register (or less than 5 posts), and submitting a really crappy script with out getting feedback first in the scripting help forum or in the free scripts forum. You get mega Noob Points by submitting a script that you copied from somewhere else, as an added bonus, yohojo will pwn you, and you will probably never ever be accepted! You used to be able to get Noob Points by applying too often, however that loser Dankmess or something made it so that you can only post once a month. Now if you really want Noob Points, whatever you do, don't read that tutorial How to Become an SRL Member by Boreas, that dude is full of crap.

New Members- Don't worry, believe it or not, you can still earn Noob Points as an SRL Member. This can be done in 2 main ways. The first being acting like your hot stuff, acting like you are suddenly better than non-members, or just as good as members that have been around longer, or the next SCAR or SRL developer. The second way is posting in member applications, without waiting about a week to read how experienced voters do it. You can either over or under estimate an application, and the further off you are, the more Noob Points you get!

That's about all I think of for now. Follow this guide and you'll be Super Noob in no time!
    -TooManySitUps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1337 nw i wnt to lrn scar scripts fr mney. fuk i hte al j00 nobs. so ya gt me mney hckxs nw els il fuk u up.

i mak a req also cos i wnt ths scipt. btw cld smeone giv me a tut to a 1337 hax. fanks noobz.

btw i ownz.

Woop.. I'm a certified noob.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

100 noob points to you!!

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

ys dis ees me!
    I r love to make bad p0sts
    Boreasz, can j0o m4ke me a c0ol scrLpt s0 i c4n mak3 l0o0ots of gP on t3h runescape?
    I w4nt toh b3e ju$t like Zezima, ill buY it f0r Munys@

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

hehe, you like the section at the bottom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol

And check out my pascal interpreter!
    <R0b0t1> No, really, I went to a bar and picked up a transvestite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

haha. good stuff.

Accept that the waters around you have grown.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Well this is how I expected it to go:

Someone: 'Who the hell is TooManySitUps?'

Boreas: 'Switch the first and last letter of my name, what do you get?'

Someone: 'Um, SoreAb?'

Boreas: 'And how do you get that?'

Someone: 'From Too Many Sit Ups!! Haha, Boreas you are so clever!'

Boreas: 'Ya he's like my evil twin that takes over when I'm being really sarcastic, or playing devil's advocate.'

Well at least I tried...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1 4/\/\ 7|-|3 b3$7 |\|00B 0U7 7|-|3r3. /\/\'/ L337 |-|4><0rZ 0\/\/|\| j00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Well this is how I expected it to go:

Someone: 'Who the hell is TooManySitUps?'

Boreas: 'Switch the first and last letter of my name, what do you get?'

Someone: 'Um, SoreAb?'

Boreas: 'And how do you get that?'

Someone: 'From Too Many Sit Ups!! Haha, Boreas you are so clever!'

Boreas: 'Ya he's like my evil twin that takes over when I'm being really sarcastic, or playing devil's advocate.'

Well at least I tried...
    That is quite clever.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Um, maybe this can be sticked, or ammended to your other post regarding answers to commonly asked questions? RAM

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yea thanks I thought about that. My other tuts were stickied fairly quickly, this has not. This could be because maybe really nooby noobs won't get that they have to do the opposite of this tut. Or maybe because it's sarcastic/mean. But I did hide the link in my sig. If an admin/mod likes it I will add to the FAQ, and my sig properly.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I like your style. Missed this one.

Stickyfied.
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

K thanks

Adding now Ram

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0mG U st3\/\/p1|) j3\/\/ $t0p making fun of me.

Blah, I tried, I can't do it =/. I fail at life.

~~~~Yesiammanu
    If you need render for your Sig., post here for free renders.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...atar8463_1.gif

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Can you make an macro 4 me pl0x? I want it to mine coal and mith then smelt then bank, AND IT BETTER WORK!

(Im Sssserouis)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

lol i new how to do this allredy lol. im the ultimate noob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1 5P34K 13375P34K 4ND WH3R3 C4N 1 G37 4UT0MIN3R 4 RS?!?!?!
    I W4N7 4UT0M1N3R 7H4T H45 411 4N71 R4ND0M5! 5C4P3RUN3 & 411 07H3R STUFF!
    I H4T3 TH15 P057 CUS 17'S SUX0R , D00D U SUCK. I ENGLISH NOT SPEAK.

(Am I now a certified noob?)
    13*37+1*3*3*7*13+37 = 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

h3y guyZ i r33ly \/\/4n7 2 lern how 2 scripzorz and cum a reeal haxxor like your mum!!!!111111 sum1 maek me member and i will help u wiv ur scripzor and 1 no l33ch

Ahem, newbishness over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WT-Fakawi View Post
    I like your style. Missed this one.

Stickyfied.
    Opps, I just unsickyfied it cause of the title... but after a quck read... Re-Stickyfied.

I love sarcasim...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Sorry for the confusion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

I'm a certified Noob, To be honest, I even get paid for it
    But good guide on what not to do