Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed Up Your Windows PC!

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hlstriker View Post
    [Section 6 - SOFTWARE]
    Not much here, just something to Defrag your RAM.

RAM Def - Download Page

RAM Def can defragment you RAM when reching a warning level, or silently (with command line parameters). It excels in terms of reliability and speed and the full support it offers to its users, with help files, a troubleshooting guide, tips, online assistance, and a forum guarantees you peace of mind along with XTreme performance.

(thats lolwut) --- Restart computer, ram 'defragged'
    http://bitsum.com/virtual_memory_fac...izer_scams.php

Quote Originally Posted by litoris View Post
    2) Enjoy extensive speed on low end machines while not being able to get malware
    Again,

lets clarify this one too. Linux CAN get viruses and be infected by malware. Its just like a Mac. if some hipster every tells you they like their mac better because they cant get viruses, slap that motherf cka so hard he will think he was the first one to ever get slapped.
    Linux and Mac machines are less likely to be infected by malware because less are written for linux and mac and they are not distributed as often because most people use windows.
    Linux is great and all, but dont go around spreading false information.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Never saw this thread before, damn it's old!

I'd just like to say, defragging your memory (RAM) would slow it down. (same as SSD)
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grats View Post
    Never saw this thread before, damn it's old!

I'd just like to say, defragging your memory (RAM) would slow it down. (same as SSD)
    How so? I don't understand how defragmenting RAM or an SSD would slow either one down.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Kue View Post
    How so? I don't understand how defragmenting RAM or an SSD would slow either one down.
    Defragging a ssd actually is bad because each 'memory unit' has a specific number of writes and rewrites before it fails. So dont EVER defrag a ssd.

as for the ram... well i really cant say there is or is not an advantage to defragging it. Ive never heard of it and it sounds like complete bs to me. Each 'value'/bit/etc on the ram has the same speed as the one next to it, therefore they all have the same access speed.
    perhaps this defragging ram program really just tries to release some virtual memory used up by programs that havent released it properly or maybe just kills a few unneeded processes.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

before it starts to degrade * not fail

most MLC drives today will last longer than anyone will have them and in some cases longer than most people will live, so there's really no issue there.. the issue is that defragging isn't beneficial to your ssd at all, so there's no reason to do it.. the fact it causes harm and slows them down is just icing on the cake
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information