Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to setup SCAR, SRL, & Scripts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default How to setup SCAR, SRL, & Scripts

If you are not running windows as your current OS go here.

-Index-
    I. Downloading and installing Tortoise SVN.
    II. Getting the latest SCAR
    III. Getting the latest SRL
    IV. Setting up everything for scripts
    V. Common errors

----------------------------------

I. Downloading and installing Tortoise SVN.
    If you already have it continue past his part if not then click here scroll down a little, and download either the 32 bit or 64 bit file and install it.

II. Getting the latest SCAR
    Right now as I am writing this, it is Jan 1, 2010. The latest SCAR as of the time I am writing this that you will need for RS autoing is SCAR Divi Beta 3.23. The normal download can be found here (where you should select "Normal Edition") but you can not find SCAR prerelease which is what you will need to auto.

To get SCAR 3.23 you will need to create a new folder somewhere named 'SCAR 3.23 Beta', right click that folder and find SVN Checkout, use this URL

Code:
    http://freddy1990.com/svn/scarprerelease

III. Getting the latest SRL

Open up your newest version of SCAR, Tools->Explorer Folder->Includes. In your includes folder create a new folder, name it SRL, right click that folder and select checkout. Use this URL to check out from

Code:
    http://www.villavu.com/repositories/srl-opendev
    Once all the files have downloaded, bring SCAR back up and click Tools->Options->SRL Download->Move Plugins. Once you have done that, in the SCAR window you should see:

SCAR Code:
    program New;
    begin
    end.

Highlight all of that and replace it with:

SCAR Code:
    {.Include SRL\SRL.SCAR}

begin
      SetUpSRL;
    end.

Now go Script->Compile, it should say

Code:
    Successfully compiled (xxxx ms)
    or something very similar, if you get any errors it is most likely because the plugins did not move correctly. To move the plugins manually Tools->Explorer Folder->Includes->SRL->Place inside plugins folder->Highlight everything and select copy. Tools->Explorer folder->Plugins Folder->Paste->Overwrite all/yes to all. If you are still getting errors you are most likely missing the plugin from this thread go to that thread, find PetePlugin.rar, download it, extract all files, and place them in your plugin folder as well. At this point, if Script->Compile still gives you errors you have a problem with your setup I can't help you with and you should post about it in the General Help Section.

Too keep your SCAR and SRL up to date, everyday right click your SCAR 3.23 beta folder and click update, and do the same thing with your SRL folder, right click SRL folder, and select update.

IV. Setting up everything for scripts

A lot of scripts are outdated, but a lot of them aren't! To find good scripts you can look in three places.

1. Free for all scripts
      here is where you'll find scripts that are accessible to absolutely anyone who comes to SRL on their very first day! (the links to two other script repositories are listed further down in the thread btw)
    2. SRL Junior Member Scripts
      Probably the best place to look for scripts, you have to have a post count of 10 or above and been around for a week to access this page. You can sort scripts by category by clicking on the skill symbols next to any script.
    3. SRL Member and Above scripts
      These scripts are reserved for those who make a certain ranking, SRL members have their own script section, SSRL, Developers, and maybe even higher up than that! have their very own script sections. To see a guide about SRL rankings go here.

POMS - Publicly owned a maintained scripts, is a group of scripters who collaborate to make scripts. We currently have a working essence miner and a tutorial still being made.

To get POMS, Tools->Explorer folder->Scripts Folder. There you should create a new folder and name it POMS. Right click that folder and checkout from

Code:
    http://srlpoms.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
    (please post anything about those scripts on their official thread, not here)

RCrB - Rune Crafter ReBorn. I is a project I have been working on for quite some time. It used to be able to craft every rune before reflection broke. Right now it only crafts airs, but will soon be adding much more crafting capabilities. To get RCrB go Tools->Explorer folder->Scripts create a folder named whatever you'd like, for example: RCrB SVN. Then checkout from this link:

Code:
    http://rcrb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
    (again please post anything about this script on the official thread)

To set up global stats for any script see this thread.

If you would like to you SMART (minimizable runescape client, meaning you can auto while doing other things on your computer... not affecting mouse or screen space) then make sure you have the lines

Code:
    {.Include SRL\SRL\Misc\SMART.SCAR} //Comment out to disable.
    Looking like that and not this

Code:
    //{.Include SRL\SRL\Misc\SMART.SCAR} //Comment out to disable.
    The above setup would be for normal runescape clients, and for that you will need to drag and drop the crosshairs (looks like a sniper scope on the tool bar) onto the runescape client.

To setup your players, some scripts require a form to be filled out (like POMS or RCrB) to do this, after you have completed the setup lines in the script click run, at this point a window will pop up, if you are just autoing with 1 account then don't worry about create user or delete user or left right arrows. Just put in your username, password, nickname (2nd, 3rd and 4th letters of your username) bankpin (if you have one), and check player active (depending on if you want that player to be used are not) there will probably be other fields to fill in. Trips is usually used (in POMS and RCrB it is) used to dictate how many loads you will do per round, meaning after it does that many loads it switches to the next player by logging out and doing the set amount of loads for that player then going to the next palyer and eventually back to the first one until another field like (max ess to craft, or max ess to mine) is reached. Players can also become false from failed random solving, getting lost, ect.. If you are just running one player set loads to about 999999 (no commas, EVER!, don't put to many digits in either as you will crash SCAR, keep it around 0-8 digits) make sure you have max essence to craft set to the amount of essence you have, or max ess to mine doesn't really matter because the ess mines aren't going to run out of it.

Other scripts use manual in script player setup, to do this it's just the same but scroll down and find procedure DeclarePlayers; and make sure you put in the correct information for everything from HowManyPlayers to Active, to set active True means yes/checked, false means no/unchecked.

V. Common errors

DIB errors, close and reopen SCAR (this will automatically close SMART if it's open)
    "SCAR won't open help!" Run fix scar.exe in your SCAR folder, or maybe you changed resolutions lately and it moved off the screen. Set back to max resoultion and move it to the upper left... and also open task manager and click and processes that say scar.exe, then reopen SCAR. For DIB errors you can also do Client>Reset specified Window> And then drag crosshair again (for non-smart dib errors).

Always allow any script to connect to internet and files!
    Always remember to remove your username and passwords when uploading or pasting scripts! (for forms don't give them your external script settings files and make sure you remove any info from the setup lines)
    Always remove your usernames from progress reports you post! (replace with *********)
    Last edited by Wanted; 02-08-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IceFire908 View Post
    Always allow any script to connect to internet and files!
    I wouldn't advise that...
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan's The Man View Post
    I wouldn't advise that...
    Rofl! Seconded, a few people in the past have made malicious scripts which needed internet access! Tell people to make sure the script is safe and trusted before doing that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you don't trust a script, then don't run it at all unless you know how to comb the script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This guide is unique than the rest

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by royalsymbol View Post
    This guide is unique than the rest
    Is it really: Sorry Ice
    http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47714

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    ya rly ofc this guide doesn't include reflection which is outdated and everything here works

he also used stuff from Scar like
    Code:
    Tools->Explorer Folder->Includes
    which is easy for us to follow whilst other guide doesn't provide this usage of finding files lol what makes it unique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This tutorial is really for setting up scripts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    Rofl! Seconded, a few people in the past have made malicious scripts which needed internet access! Tell people to make sure the script is safe and trusted before doing that!
    Haha, cough *Mage of Begu* cough.

I miss him
    Auto Correctly! If I see you autoing with a level 3 account, normal clothes, consider yourself reported. You have been warned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagex
    We can (and do) ban them - including using IP bans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

You try to advertise RCRb everywhere you can don't you?
    Join the IRC! irc.rizon.net:6667/srl | SQLite (0.99rc3+) | SRL Doc | Simba Doc | Extra Simba Libraries (openSSL & sqlite3)
    Quote Originally Posted by #srl
    10:45 < Toter> daphil when can get sex anyday I want
    10:45 < Toter> he is always on #SRL
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sex View Post
    You try to advertise RCRb everywhere you can don't you?
    Well, Mr. Da0wner, I don't really consider my signature, the original thread, and this thread which briefly explains how to update scripts that use SVN to be advertisement. That's just you're opinion, but it holds little value coming from someone who enjoys hacking their friends passwords, trolling, and disturbing the general atmosphere of peace. If I were in power you would of been so sorryfully banned again, fortunately for you, though, the staff is more leniant with despicable scum bags like yourself. So lets try and not fight so much eh Me 'Ol MuCkEr?
    Last edited by Wanted; 01-19-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Well, Mr. Da0wner, I don't really consider my signature, the original thread, and this thread which briefly explains how to update scripts that use SVN to be advertisement. That's just you're opinion, but it holds little value coming from someone who enjoys hacking their friends passwords, trolling, and disturbing the general atmosphere of peace. If I were in power you will be so sorryfully banned again, fortunately for you, though, the staff is more leniant with despicable scum bags like yourself. So lets try and not fight so much eh Me 'Ol MuCkEr?
    Even before POMS was made you still advertised it pretty much everywhere.
    I really don't care what you think of me, you're not all that important to the forum . I've changed. I really have. Anyways, I didn't post here to argue with you. It's a good tutorial .
    Join the IRC! irc.rizon.net:6667/srl | SQLite (0.99rc3+) | SRL Doc | Simba Doc | Extra Simba Libraries (openSSL & sqlite3)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sex View Post
    Even before POMS was made you still advertised it pretty much everywhere.
    I really don't care what you think of me, you're not all that important to the forum . I've changed. I really have. Anyways, I didn't post here to argue with you. It's a good tutorial .
    Pretty much everywhere? Please, point me in that direction as I am only aware of the three places I have mentioned previously. Somehow your memory has fused together 3 1/2 years all into the short time you've been here. If you didn't post here to argue with me then you're doing a terrible job as I consider what you said to be directly hostile, this guide has helped many people and during the time I have been writing this some one asked me via PM how to do the things instructed here. If it's such a good guide then leave it be, your comments are only working towards thread derailment, although that's of little importance considering this isn't a discussion but rather a reference to a useful guide. Whether or not 'you've changed' is completely irrelevant, in my eyes and in many others you are the same scum that did what you did... and recent activity hasn't changed much, the fact that you re-registered with an obvious notion of who you were is quite clear to that fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Pretty much everywhere? Please, point me in that direction as I am only aware of the three places I have mentioned previously. Somehow your memory has fused together 3 1/2 years all into the short time you've been here. If you didn't post here to argue with me then you're doing a terrible job as I consider what you said to be directly hostile, this guide has helped many people and during the time I have been writing this some one asked me via PM how to do the things instructed here. If it's such a good guide then leave it be, your comments are only working towards thread derailment, although that's of little importance considering this isn't a discussion but rather a reference to a useful guide. Whether or not 'you've changed' is completely irrelevant, in my eyes and in many others you are the same scum that did what you did... and recent activity hasn't changed much, the fact that you re-registered with an obvious notion of who you were is quite clear to that fact.
    I did not mean to be hostile, I'm sorry if it came out that way. I have no dislike towards you aside from the fact you have a bad temper. If I were you, I'd stop talking because you REALLY do not know everything about what happened. All you know is the biased thread that RM posted in the Members News section (with the intention of making every single one of my actions look bad, so that everybody would hate me).
    Now if you wish to continue this, talk to me on MSN, or send me a PM. This will be my last post (between you and me) in this thread .
    Last edited by Sex; 01-19-2010 at 04:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Line 269: [Error] (15920:30): Invalid number of parameters in script C:\Program Files\SCAR 3.22\includes\SRL\SRL\Core\AntiRandoms\Sandwich.sc ar
    I get that when I try to make
    {.Include SRL\SRL.SCAR}

begin
    SetUpSRL;
    end.

compile. What am I doing wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hamza View Post
    Line 269: [Error] (15920:30): Invalid number of parameters in script C:\Program Files\SCAR 3.22\includes\SRL\SRL\Core\AntiRandoms\Sandwich.sc ar
    I get that when I try to make
    {.Include SRL\SRL.SCAR}

begin
    SetUpSRL;
    end.

compile. What am I doing wrong?
    Go into your program's folder, find your SCAR folder rename it to SCAR 3.23 Beta, then right click it and checkout from http://freddy1990.com/svn/scarprerelease

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I doesnt give the choise to checkout it says update or commit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hamza View Post
    I doesnt give the choise to checkout it says update or commit?
    Rename your old folder back to SCAR 3.22. Make a new folder in your programs folder and name it SCAR 3.23 and checkout from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Line 276: [Error] (3228:1): Unknown identifier 'GameTab' in script C:\Desktop\scarprerelease\includes\SRL\SRL\Core\Ti ming.scar

any advice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OpenHearts View Post
    Line 276: [Error] (3228:1): Unknown identifier 'GameTab' in script C:\Desktop\scarprerelease\includes\SRL\SRL\Core\Ti ming.scar

any advice?
    Update to rev 411 for now, someone committed something without forwarding the function....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nvm undid the rearanging and downgraded to 411 and it works now =D cheers
    Last edited by OpenHearts; 03-06-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Should be fixed now, if you update your SRL to the newest HEAD revision again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default help with poms

STATS: "ERROR(1): Wrong username or password!" keep getting this, is there somewhere in script specifically ineed to fill out or in the pop up am i doing something wrong? also wat is Remote control master's nick.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistahefty View Post
    STATS: "ERROR(1): Wrong username or password!" keep getting this, is there somewhere in script specifically ineed to fill out or in the pop up am i doing something wrong? also wat is Remote control master's nick.
    Remember, your stats user name is you ID (numbers) not the user name.
    (If you haven't gotten a stats account yet, its not mandatory to run the script, but you should:
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=687074 )

Remote Control Master is broken right now, it's a thing so you can PM your account to set them to false/take breaks/checks on them etc, no one really uses it anyways . Leave it blank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have done every thing you mentioned to setup up scar 3.23 beta and srl, including moving the plugins manually. But still I get the same error everytime. I think i just need an updated sandwich lady plugin but i dont know where to find it. This is the error:
    Failed when compiling
    Line 270: [Error] (15407:1): Invalid number of parameters in script C:\Users\Tyler\Desktop\includes\SRL\SRL\Core\AntiR andoms\Sandwich.scar
    Last edited by lilboy543; 04-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information