Thread: How to get full screen without members

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Default How to get full screen without members

I know there is another thread about this, but I will write one out which is easier to use and understand.

Step 1. Download firefox. Get it from http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/ (If you don't have it already).

Step 2. Once it's downloaded and installed, click Tools then click Add-ons. Click the left tab that says "Get Add-ons" and search for Adblock Plus, (or just Adblock if it doesn't find it) then add it. Here is a direct link to the Add-on if the method above doesn't work. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865. After it's installed, restart Firefox.

Step 3. Click Tools then click Adblock Plus Preferences (Or click CTRL + SHIFT + E). When the Adblock screen comes up, click Filters then click Add filter subscription. Click the radio button next to EasyList (USA) then click the Subscribe button at the bottom. Wait for Adblock to update with this list then click OK.

Open the Adblock window and click Add Filter then write in "runescape.com##DIV#menu" (Without the quotation marks). This will block the bar at the top of the screen which will now actually give you full screen! (Thanks for this tip Harry)

Step 4. Go to runescape, go to any world and before logging in (You will notice that the add at the top is gone and the client is pushed up), click Graphics Options, then click "Resizeable". I also recommend doing High Detail if your computer can support it.

Step 5. Click outside the runescape client (Either left or right the bar thats ontop of the runescape client) then click F11. If that doesn't work, click the View tab on firefox then click Full Screen. You will notice that the small bar is still ontop, but other then that, you have runescape in full screen, without members! Press F11 to exit out of fullscreen.
    Last edited by cycrosism; 01-10-2010 at 05:44 AM.
    Click here to find out how to get full screen without members! | Click here to check out my Ultimate Bitmap Tutorial! Edited to work with Simba! |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Edit: Scrap that, you've just copied this guide,http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33671
    Last edited by Micro; 01-10-2010 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    Edit: Scrap that, you've just copied this guide,http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33671
    I know there is another thread about this, but I will write one out which is easier to use and understand.
    That is most likely the thread he is talking about.
    Join the IRC! irc.rizon.net:6667/srl | SQLite (0.99rc3+) | SRL Doc | Simba Doc | Extra Simba Libraries (openSSL & sqlite3)
    Quote Originally Posted by #srl
    10:45 < Toter> daphil when can get sex anyday I want
    10:45 < Toter> he is always on #SRL
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Cool one, it works.

For bonus points, add how to block the Jagex toolbar.

Here's how:
    Add to your block list, "runescape.com##DIV#menu".
    Last edited by Harry; 02-20-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Nice Harry, I'll add that into the main post
    Click here to find out how to get full screen without members! | Click here to check out my Ultimate Bitmap Tutorial! Edited to work with Simba! |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is this detectable or will jagex find out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Oh, thanks
    Very nice and detailed guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can also do this with google chrome using the ad blocker.
    Help Keep SRL Alive! Please disable AdBlock Plus on SRL and click the Ads once a day! Help Keep SRL Alive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Thanks, now I can get rid of those annoying ads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

every time an ad plays, jagex gets money, it comes with a record, which ad played, when and what IP adress it was played on. If a record of you playing exists and a record of you seeing an add doesn't, thats reason enough.

Here is a nice Idea for antiban, however I am unsure how possible it is - can we recieve the ads ie it makes the adserver think we are playing them but SMART just not show them? It keeps jagex happy, and offers us a bit of antiban, cause RSBot/Powerbot doesn't show them, and I think no other bots would either...

Current Script Project
    Pot of flour gatherer - 95% done

Can't get Simba to work? Click here for a tutorial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Boy JH View Post
    every time an ad plays, jagex gets money, it comes with a record, which ad played, when and what IP adress it was played on. If a record of you playing exists and a record of you seeing an add doesn't, thats reason enough.

Here is a nice Idea for antiban, however I am unsure how possible it is - can we recieve the ads ie it makes the adserver think we are playing them but SMART just not show them? It keeps jagex happy, and offers us a bit of antiban, cause RSBot/Powerbot doesn't show them, and I think no other bots would either...
    Nice idea!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Interesting tutorial, I can see why f2p people would like to experience the fullscreen client.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I sometimes hook up my laptop to my widescreen tv and do some stuff, and in high detail it looks pretty good, way better than fullscreen on comp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post some pictures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeiJaiVui View Post
    Post some pictures?
    I think your last hours on SRL have begun. You haven't post any usefull post...
    Nope!

Chuck Testa

Wtf je?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is also possible in Google Chrome, for the Chrome users out there (:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Used to do this when I was F2P, Works like a charm as far as I know they can't detect it as I used it for 2 years :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sweet, now I wont have those annoying ads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wtfje View Post
    I think your last hours on SRL have begun. You haven't post any usefull post...
    Your post wasnt usefull as well so dont judge him

Ontopic what is this about can someone explain more lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been doing this for ages. I hate having adds and tool bars and such that plague my screen and take up space. I also auto-hide my task bar. I'm all about a clean screen and even refuse to have anything on my desktop background, recycling bin included.

I would assume that they are able to detect you've disabled their adds. I've visited one or two sites that have actually converted their adds to plain texts saying something along the lines of "we see that you have blocked our adds... blah blah... please support us another way and donate... blah blah"
    Working On First Script
    .01% Completed
    <--- Me while I learn

Thread Information