Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Default Passion Speech need help with preview

Code:
    Topic: Guitar

INTRODUCTION         

A. The arts are one of the six subject areas in which the College Board recognizes as essential in order to thrive in college. Playing a guitar is considered an art. (Source: Academic Preparation for College) (Logos: Fact statistic)

B. Guitar playing is an amazing way to alter moods and can lead to a awesome career.

C. Guitar playing is an amazing passion and hobby to have. 

D.  

BODY PARAGRAPH ONE

A.      My background with the passion

1.      I played the Alto Saxophone in a school band in 4th grade. I quit after 7th grade because, I just wasn’t really into music at the point in my life. Up until about two winters ago I would try an instrument and then quit because I didn’t like it. Then I picked up the guitar, and I loved it and now I can't put it down. I'm always playing the guitar whether it's writing my own songs or playing some cover songs, I'm always playing it. (Logos: Personal experience)

2.      It’s my passion because it gives me a way to channel my thoughts and moods. 

3.      It’s been a passion of mine for about 2 – 3 years.

B. These are some of the reasons guitar playing is a passion of mine.

BODY PARAGRAPH TWO

A.  Main Point topic sentence: Have you ever done an activity to alter your mood? (Rhetorical question) Well that what guitar does for me.

1.      Jayson says that “playing the guitar can lighten up any mood.” (Logos: Testimonial),and I agree with him. Music can lighten up any mood. (Repetition) 

2.      Say you and your best friend have a huge fight and end up getting so mad that you arrive home you go straight to your room and just play the guitar. The guitar playing calms you down. It                                                                                           soothes you and lets your emotions run freely, and you leave your room not as upset and you were before. If I'm mad, mournful, or mild I play my guitar and it makes me happy again.(Alliteration)  

B.  Those are a testimonial and and example of how guitar playing can alter your moods. 

BODY PARAGRAPH THREE

A.      Main point topic sentence: It can lead to a career and make your famous.

1.      Many famous people are famous for playing the guitar. Tom Delounge, Angus Young, and Jimi Hendrix.

2.      Having guitar playing as a career would be amazing. You travel the world, have everyone know your name, and get paid to do nothing except what you would have done anyways.

3.      Some people say that guitar players are more likely to develop arthritis, but I say that it’s worth the risk and it’s not actually proven.(refutation)

B.      Those are just a few reasons guitar can create a wonderful career for you.

CONCLUSION

A.      Guitar playing is an amazing way to alter moods and can lead to an awesome career. Through personal experience and hard word guitar can change your life.  It can change your moods for the better. It can also lead to a career. Jimi Hendrix a very famous guitarist once said “The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.” (Logos: Quote)

How would i make a preview(D) for my passion speech? Also any improvements i could make to my speech.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

any help?

Thread Information