Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Another God Thread

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NKN View Post
    I beg to differ.

I played Wheres Waldo on the internet. He wasn't there. Then the girl from the ring popped up on my screen and I peed a little.
    ah yes, well, welcome to the internet, enjoy your stay

Programming is like trying keep a wall of shifting sand up, you fix one thing but somewhere else starts crumbling

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

I was raised a Christian, sent to a Catholic school and grown up surrounded by Catholicism.

I do not believe there is/ever has been a "God". I do agree with many of the teachings and life-lessons in the bible. Although some of them are truly out-dated and others I completely disagree with. (Discrimination against homosexuals being one of the few).

People need to accept the bible for what it is. A story book. A book filled with tales, just like the ones our parents told us as children. While the events didn't necessarily take place (or maybe did, in a less exaggerated form) they are there to teach us a lesson.

These lessons I believe are very real. The existence of an actual "God", not so much. Due to my disbelief in his existence, I don't see how it would be possible to prove it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

^^^ another reason i dont like religion, 90% try to force it onto others, thanks for sharing your opinion p1ng

i can see that because of what it is, there are probably some good lessons to be learned, but due to the majority focus of the text, i'm never going to go near it

Programming is like trying keep a wall of shifting sand up, you fix one thing but somewhere else starts crumbling

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1ng View Post
    People need to accept the bible for what it is. A story book. A book filled with tales, just like the ones our parents told us as children. While the events didn't necessarily take place (or maybe did, in a less exaggerated form) they are there to teach us a lesson.

These lessons I believe are very real. The existence of an actual "God", not so much. Due to my disbelief in his existence, I don't see how it would be possible to prove it.
    Every person is entitled to their own beliefs. Just because you feel this way doesn't mean the world needs to feel the same and people 'need to accept the bible for what it is'.

Also, do you really need proof to believe in something? A lot of great scientists were strong believers e.g. Albert Einstein.
    What I'm saying is all the scientific proof contradicting itself with the bible and unrevealed mysteries didn't stop these people from believing in God or hinder their research.
    When it comes to my personal beliefs I believe in the concept of evolution, but I still consider myself Christian.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

I believe what p1ng had to say its impossible to even say there is a god or after-life because before our universe was created time did not exist, I was raised on being a catholic as well and all I got from the bible was a set of rules that essentially keep humans with standards of living, keeping us from being animals towards each-other.

I don't remember where I watched this but some a very interesting documentary with some of the smartest scientist to existence they explained how everything was created from nothing, and nothing was created from everything therefore there is no god and never needed a god to create anything.

But honestly who cares if one exists or not you were given the chance to live life, whether it does exist after death or not enjoy what you have and don't dwell on things that don't matter.

If the question was finally solved what would it even prove for us?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Yeah, threads like these never go anywhere.

I've had multiple discussions on this topic with friends, while having a nice beer. People expect me to not know anything about Christianity because I'm an Athiest. However, I was born and raised as a stout southern Baptist. I just couldn't take it anymore when I got older.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NKN View Post
    I got this:

"The bible says so"

What makes the bible true?

"It's the word of god"

What makes god real?

"The bible says so"

Argued with a kid about this, but mine went a little different. (I'm athiest)

//After many minutes of argueing, here's the fun part.
    Me: Dude, how can you prove the Bible's true?
    Him: Because I read it.
    Me: That doesn't make it true.
    Him: Yes it does! The Bible told me it does!

I ended it there, and let him have this one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    249 Post(s)

I am a believer, but I respect everyone's opinion. People who force their own beliefs on others leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I choose faith, but I guess we'll see who wins this argument in our end days, now won't we?
    Last edited by Sawyer; 02-10-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information