Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    "If god existed we would be able yo prove it"
    Do you agree?
    Need full opinions xD

Cheers
    T~M
    No, just imagine if God were 'proven'... this world would be a bit strange...
    I mean think about it. Every little thing would be God this, God that, God stole my shoes.

Inside the Matrix...yes it has me, and it has you too.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, because the only proof right now that God exists, is the bible IMO. The things like the saints body not deteriorating or the bloody host could easily be faked. DON'T TRASH ME ON THIS BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN BOTH DURING MY TRIP STARTING IN PORTUGAL AND MAKING MY WAY TO PARIS. The bloody host was just a brown/red powder, and the saints body's were covered in wax because 'they started to turn brown' said the priest of the church. Easily faked imo.

Now back to the bible.

The bible was passed down from generation to generation by power of the human mouth and the human brain. Things could easily get exaggerated, left out, added on etc. After a lot of generations (I don't have the exact number, but i know it was a lot cause i just did this unit in my religion class) it was finally written down.

IMO God doesn't exist, and he was made up by people seeking answers for life beyond death.
    NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

You could just look through the countless other God threads to find answers as this is pretty much always brought up at some point. Tara made good points regarding it iirc
    By reading this signature you agree that mixster is superior to you in each and every way except the bad ways but including the really bad ways.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I'm assuming this is an RS question :/.

For this question, as far as I know (as our teacher has said), you need to look at different arguments. Not sure if you have studied them:

The cosmological argument, this states that there must have been a 'first cause' for something to have occurred.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_argument

The Teleological argument relays that everything was made for a purpose.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleological_argument

The ontological argument attempts to prove the existence of God from abstract reasoning.
    http://www.philosophyofreligion.info...ical-argument/

And also the good 'ol miracles:
    http://atheism.about.com/od/argument...a/miracles.htm

Also, the fact that many religious books were created which reinforce this fact. However, many believe this is counter-productive and actually contradicts itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmm short answer:yes, but it would take time. for instance it took forever to prove micro organisms and sht so god will take a few more 10000 yrs ....i wouldn't worry bout it.

of course its stated "if" god existed. and i got my doubts -.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If we could prove God existed, He would no longer be a God?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Infantry001 View Post
    If we could prove God existed, He would no longer be a God?
    How do you figure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicle1800 View Post
    How do you figure?
    http://www.mikealeckson.com/2009/02/...od-exists.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

God cannot exist because to be a god then you have to be all powerful, meaning everyone would believe in you, therefore any higher powers would not be a God as not everyone believes in said God.
    Jus' Lurkin'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torrent of Flame View Post
    God cannot exist because to be a god then you have to be all powerful, meaning everyone would believe in you, therefore any higher powers would not be a God as not everyone believes in said God.
    being all powerfull doesnt mean everyone belives in u -.- ....it does mean u have the ability to make every1 belive in u...but not what u said. but being god deos mean being all powerful and that just failz the point of since god should be able to quench evil with snap of his fingers but not. evil is outthere and god is havving a "battle" ...not much of a god if he has to take thousands of yrs to go kill someone...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I "met" "him" a couple times.

Accept that the waters around you have grown.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I dont usually mix in threads like these and I still refrain from an opinion, but IMHO it all boils down to this:

Evolution... Fact or Fiction?

Declare it Fiction and God is Fact,
    Declare it Fact and god is Fiction.

P.S. I am not going to argue with any of you guys
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

God is clearly non existent. No one can prove he exists
    Click here to find out how to get full screen without members! | Click here to check out my Ultimate Bitmap Tutorial! Edited to work with Simba! |

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It's a tricky question as 'prove' doesn't mean much to those with faith.

Which God are you referring to? Even assuming Christian, people have different ideas about abilities and intentions. For example, some people believe that god does exist, but it can't be proven because that's the way he wants it, and when these people are told about evidence supporting evolution, they say that god planted it there deliberately to test faith, or that god is epicly smart and our tiny brains could not comprehend it. Also, some people believe that god is not an embodiment like Morgan Freeman, but rather something ethereal, like The Force. In these cases, the answer would be no, which coincidently makes it easier for these people to argue for the existence of god. 'I'll believe it when I see it' types of people would answer yes, which coincidently makes it easier for them to argue against the existence of god.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Morgan Freeman
    [offtopic]

I Lol'd

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

I don't like directly discussing a god's existence, but some of the flaws...

For example, why does god not abide to animals? Christianity teaches that god created everything, yet it seems that all god has to do with is man? To me it just shows the ignorancy of man, thinking we are the final peak of evolution (well ofcourse a theist wouldn't put it this way). But what about in a hundred thousand years? Humans are looked down on by some further developed species and our god is propably even less acknowledged as the egypt god of sun etc... In my opinion the story of armageddon was made to explain the above, with the almighty god being the highest being from beginning to end...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cycrosism View Post
    God is clearly non existent. No one can prove he exists
    I don't really like your bias statements tbh...
    Can you prove things like animals are not self aware? Nearly everyone thinks it, but there is no actual proof now is there?
    I personally don't believe in a god, but still, I'm not trolling the God threads saying he doesn't exist. I don't know, personally i don't care and I don't believe, but I don't know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

For the simple fact that there is a million god threads already. I feel the need to post this.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
    For the simple fact that there is a million god threads already. I feel the need to post this.

+1
    Lol'd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In another topic similar to this it comes up whether or not anything can really be proven. I think proof is something that you need to define well before you can start an argument about the topic. A lot of people have different notions of what proof is.

No, the theory of evolution has not been proven, nor has the theory of gravity, nor has the rest of science which is pretty much all theory until proven wrong. Don't worry, you won't fall off the earth in Australia, 'theory' does not mean shaky, to be doubted, unstable, unlikely to be right, etc, as Richard Dawkins says, science is not so arrogant to say that gravity is an absolute proven fact.
    I think of my players as secret agents, that I send out into the field to be invisible. I properly train them to blend in and not die.

It's my fantasy game within the fantasy game.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." - 1 Timothy 2:12

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i luffs yeww View Post
    "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." - 1 Timothy 2:12

www.godisimaginary.com ???
    Click here to find out how to get full screen without members! | Click here to check out my Ultimate Bitmap Tutorial! Edited to work with Simba! |

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cycrosism View Post
    Apparently you don't understand my sarcasm. My mistake.

I think religion is useless. As I agree with most of what Nietzsche said, "God is dead."

I just think it's funny that what I posted is an actual proverb in the Bible.. :3 Silly Christfags. ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss3s View Post
    I don't like directly discussing a god's existence, but some of the flaws...

For example, why does god not abide to animals? Christianity teaches that god created everything, yet it seems that all god has to do with is man? To me it just shows the ignorancy of man, thinking we are the final peak of evolution (well ofcourse a theist wouldn't put it this way). But what about in a hundred thousand years? Humans are looked down on by some further developed species and our god is propably even less acknowledged as the egypt god of sun etc... In my opinion the story of armageddon was made to explain the above, with the almighty god being the highest being from beginning to end...
    "God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." - Genesis 1:28

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information