Thread: Poetry Music

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Default Poetry Music

I have this project to do in English where I have to pick a Poem(by someone my teacher would know)

Which I did here

http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets...den/poems/4406

I have to present it to the class but with music, like music that 'fits' the poem, does anyone have any suggestions that I could use to find some good music?

Code:
    Poem Title: Those Winter Sundays
    Poem Author:  Robert Hayden
    Music Title:
    	1.  List any and all of the following poetic devices that are used in your poem and give examples: tone, metaphor, simile, personification, imagery, alliteration, and repetition.

Tone: The tone of the poem is continuously saying how cold, bitter, it was outside. It gave the feeling of pain, and being bitter cold.
      	Personification: “fearing the chronic angers of that house,” The house can't get angry.
    	Imagery: The author tries having an image go to your head when you read the poem, the image of being the coldest day of the year, Like it is snowy, icy, and very windy outside.
    	Repetition: “What did I know, What did I know” He repeats that statement twice to provide emphasis.

2. If your poem rhymes, write down the rhyme scheme.

This poem does not rhyme.

3.  Why did you pick the music you chose for your poem? Explain in detail, in at least four sentences. Be sure to refer to specific elements in the music and why they complement the poem.

4.  Writing at least two paragraphs, describe what this poem is about and your reactions to it. Why did you choose it? Be sure to include references to specific details from the poem in your explanation.
    Number 3 explains what has to be done for the music part, Don't comment on the answers please, (unless something is wrong about one of them)
    Last edited by Camaro'; 03-19-2010 at 12:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seeing as the theme of the poem is winter/cold/freezing and such the one artist that comes to mind is Vivaldi's Four Seasons' Winter. In particular, Winter - Allegro, (not Allegro non molto). I'm not sure if it accompanies the flow of the poem, as the music piece is somewhat 'speedy'. You could also check out the Winter - Allegro non molto and Winter - Largo.

Personally, I'd have gone with a classical piece or some acoustic guitar of some sort. I tend to dislike vocals in a music piece that's supposed to accompany a poem.

You could also check out Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings, op. 11
    I knew I'd become a geek the day I laughed myself to death after googling 'recursion'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mokggzz2x5w Try this, tell me what you think. I have a lot that might work.

Accept that the waters around you have grown.

Thread Information