Thread: [Outdated] The different titles/cups of SRL

Inside the Matrix...yes it has me, and it has you too.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default [Outdated] The different titles/cups of SRL

Updated from a previous thread made by Richard:

This is just a little guide to the different ranks and symbols (little symbols under your name, they are technically called "cups") you can get on SRL.

SRL Titles

Leecher

This is for a user that has not registered their e-mail. You will have minimal access to areas of SRL and you can't download any scripts.

This is for a user that has registered their e-mail, they have access to the Junior Member script section and can download scripts.

Community Members

An old rank that is not used any more, but there are still users with that rank, they were users who have 300 posts +

SRL Junior Member

This is for users that have posted 10 posts and have been registered for at least 7 days.

SRL Member

This is for users that have proven their scripting abilities to be above average and have made a script that other members have voted on saying whether it is worthy of SRL Members. They have greater access to areas of the SRL forums, including their own SRL Member private section. Here, more help and better scripts can be found. If you would like a guide on what you need for an SRL Member worthy script then read this guide by Cazax: http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27435

On the rare occasion, a user is automatically made an SRL member due to their recognized abilities.

Senior SRL Member

SRL members who show exceptional talent and who help out on the forums a lot are invited to be Senior SRL Members. They have their own private boards and are allowed to post suggestions about forum maintenance which the staff will take into consideration. This rank use to be a secret, but now it is public. Also known as SSRL.

Banned

This is, simply, for users who have been banned due to breaking the rules.

SRL Developers

These are people that are developing SRL all the time to make scripting easier for you and you should also respect these users as you would admins. They have much greater access to the SRL forums, with their own private developers board. Here, SRL updates are discussed, and research is posted.

Moderators

People who patrol the SRL forums looking for rule breakers. Be wary of these people! They have the ability to take actions against you if you break rules.

Administrator

These are only for people who run SRL, there is no way to get this rank by making a good script. They have full access to the forums and can do pretty much anything with it, so watch out!

SRL Cups

These are little symbols that appear under your name once you get them, there are many different ones and show that you are something special.

Administrators

This is for the administrators of SRL (read above to find out about them)

Moderators

This is sort of a downgraded admin (see above for more info)

SRL Developers

This is for people who have helped SRL become better (read above for more info)

SRL Random Developers

This is for SRL Developers that have also done work on Runescape Randoms, to stop our scrits looking botty

Competitions Winners Cup

This is for people that have entered one of the SRL scripting competitions and have had some an amazing script that they have won it and have won something else that I am unaware of...

SRL Master

This is for people that have amazing scripting abilities, if you have the Competition cup then you will most likely have this one.

SRL Scripter

This is a bit like the SRL Master but not as good scripter, still quite impressive to have one though.

SRL Helper

This is for people that have noticed people who are having trouble with scripting and have gone and helped them, and they have done this lots of times.

Tutorial Writer

For people that have writen tutorials for people less skilled than themselves

Useful Poster

For people that have posted useful comments to help fellow scripters on their way to greatness.

SRL Tester

For users that have tested new SRL functions so that the SRL include can become always better

SRL Old Timer

For people who have been registered to SRL for 2 years or more and are an SRL Member

SRL Valued Voter

Before people can become SRL members they have to post an application to get into members, and people with this cup/symbol vote on them very fairly and their vote is valued.

SRL Aristocrat

This is for people who contribute a lot to the SRL include.

Promising Newcomer

This is an award for the best new registered user that has proven themselves to be the best new user. Admins vote who this should go to. Note: if you want this rank don't spam

SRL Donator

This is a cup you get from donating $5 USD to the website. You get access to an avatar if you didn't have one previously with this cup.

Any fixes/corrections are welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by Bionicle; 04-15-2010 at 02:24 AM.
    NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I am confused, you didn't even change anything??

Inside the Matrix...yes it has me, and it has you too.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I am confused, you didn't even change anything??
    I took it from Richards thread, and changed quite a bit. Removed outdated info and added the new info. Compare them, you will find what is different.
    NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

It's no longer called "Best Newcomer." It's now called "Promising Newcomer."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

They actually are technically called ranks. That is what vBulletin calls them :P. And SRL Member, SRL Junior Member, etc. are called titles.
    Join the IRC! irc.rizon.net:6667/srl | SQLite (0.99rc3+) | SRL Doc | Simba Doc | Extra Simba Libraries (openSSL & sqlite3)
    Quote Originally Posted by #srl
    10:45 < Toter> daphil when can get sex anyday I want
    10:45 < Toter> he is always on #SRL
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Ah, thank you for updating my previous. It's probably for the best, with me being inactive and all. But yes, thank you for this. Images were outdated on mine too, no?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

"This is for people that have amazing scripting abilities, if you have the Competition cup then you will most likely have this one."

I would take off that bit about the competition cup honestly. I don't think the two are related at all these day's.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

There's also MSI Scripting Leader, MSI Project Manager and MSI Logo Designer if you want to include those, but I'm sure there are several that are only given to a few people.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    There's also MSI Scripting Leader, MSI Project Manager and MSI Logo Designer if you want to include those, but I'm sure there are several that are only given to a few people.
    Not to forget all the title(s?) related to the black market.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilChicken! View Post
    Not to forget all the title(s?) related to the black market.
    Is there anything besides Mod and banned?

SRL Random Developers

This is for SRL Developers that have also done work on Runescape Randoms, to stop our scrits looking botty

Competitions Winners Cup

This is for people that have entered one of the SRL scripting competitions and have had some an amazing script that they have won it and have won something else that I am unaware of...
    TRiLez has both of those and is not a dev, nor has he won a scripting comp AFAIK, so you may want to adjust that.
    Last edited by NCDS; 07-08-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NCDS View Post
    Is there anything besides Mod and banned?
    That's still a phlural!

But, sure, still an add to what Coh3n said; I see neither of them listed above either.
    Last edited by EvilChicken!; 07-08-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilChicken! View Post
    That's still a phlural!

But, sure, still an add to what Nava said; I see neither of them listed above either.

Lol you mean Coh3n?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Perhaps any updates here should be updated on the other thread. The other one is stickied and I believe has been linked to in various official posts and wiki articles.

Thread Information