Thread: English to French Translation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Default English to French Translation?

Hey guys, I need something translated from English to French, I would rather not use a translator because generally they are wrong and use bad grammar. So if there is someone who is french, or speaks french here, that would be awesome

My birthday is on the first of November. Normally I get quite a lot of money but not many presents. On the morning of my birthday, I get up really early and open my presents quickly. After I have opened my presents, me and my friends eat the “Full-English” breakfast that my mum made.

When I was younger, for my birthday, I used to go to a play park, called Fun Kingdom with some friends from school in Southampton, it was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it, and we used to go to McDonalds after. I used to get a lot more presents than I do now.

For my next Birthday, I hope to have a driving lesson, with a few friends, I really like driving so I think it will be a lot of fun. The driving lesson is in Bournemouth and is about 1 hour away. Hopefully after I can have a sleepover and we can play on the Xbox 360 all night.
    Cheers
    T
    M

Inside the Matrix...yes it has me, and it has you too.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What grade is this?
    Looks like skills from grade 10 or 11 french would be needed here..
    NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

is this for a school assignment?? lol, if it is, then read it to yourself out loud. it sounds wrong. grammar, and keep your sentences of a more varying length. :]
    Sell botted goods at mid to high prices!!! Else we lose our profit AND ruin the game!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Hey guys, I need something translated from English to French, I would rather not use a translator because generally they are wrong and use bad grammar. So if there is someone who is french, or speaks french here, that would be awesome

Cheers
    T
    M
    I think you need someone with a proper knowledge of English to get rid of all your grammar fail first. It's not worth translating it to another language if your English is so wrong to begin with.
    Read: It sounds like a 5 year old wrote it, a crazy, comma loving 5 year old.
    <3 Delicious Loli
    15:59 [Putnam] I suck
    15:59 * ss23 pushes Putnam to his knees - Prove it.
    15:59 [Putnam] ss23, there's really no other way to stay fit in this town

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Google translate says this:

Mon anniversaire est le premier de Novembre. Normalement, je reçois beaucoup d'argent, mais pas beaucoup de cadeaux. Le matin de mon anniversaire, je me lève très tôt et ouvrir mes cadeaux rapidement. Après j'ai ouvert mes cadeaux, mes amis et moi manger le "Full-anglais" petit-déjeuner que ma mère fait.

Quand j'étais plus jeune, pour mon anniversaire, j'ai l'habitude d'aller à un parc de jeux, appelé Fun-Uni avec des amis de l'école à Southampton, il a été très amusant et ça m'a vraiment plu, et nous avons utilisé pour aller au McDonald's après. J'avais l'habitude de se présente beaucoup plus que je fais maintenant.

Pour mon prochain anniversaire, je l'espère, d'avoir une leçon de conduite, avec quelques amis, j'aime bien conduire donc je pense que ce sera beaucoup d'amusement. La leçon de conduite est à Bournemouth et à environ 1 heure. Espérons que, après je peux avoir une soirée pyjama et on peut jouer sur la Xbox 360 toute la nuit.
    Should be close enough, atleast the finnish => swedish translator was always good enough for my assignments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ss23 View Post
    I think you need someone with a proper knowledge of English to get rid of all your grammar fail first. It's not worth translating it to another language if your English is so wrong to begin with.
    Read: It sounds like a 5 year old wrote it, a crazy, comma loving 5 year old.
    I'm sorry but this is retarded.

Dude if you're in a low level language class the only things you can be expected to translate are simple sentences. It's not that his english is bad, it's that he needed to write sentences he could reasonably expect to translate into french.

You can't just dive in to translating shakespeare in your first year.

Inside the Matrix...yes it has me, and it has you too.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim0suprem0 View Post
    I can/did ^.^
    NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim0suprem0 View Post
    I'm sorry but this is retarded.

Dude if you're in a low level language class the only things you can be expected to translate are simple sentences. It's not that his english is bad, it's that he needed to write sentences he could reasonably expect to translate into french.

This ^
    I am awful at french, so if I came out with a thousand word perfect essay, it would look suspicicous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What's stopping you from doing what you're expected to do and doing it yourself? You're not going to learn anything if you have someone else do it for you (unless I'm misunderstanding the purpose of this assignment).

EDIT: Or what nielsie said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I speak french. I fixed the errors in the google translated version that GoF posted.

Mon anniversaire est le premier novembre. La plupart du temps, je reçois beaucoup d'argent, mais pas beaucoup de cadeaux. Le matin de mon anniversaire je me lève très tôt et j'ouvris mes cadeaux rapidement. Après que j'ai ouvert mes cadeaux, je mange le "Full English" petit-déjeuner avec mes amis que ma mère cuisine .

Quand j'étais plus jeune, pour mon anniversaire, j'avais l'habitude d'aller à un parc de jeux, appelé Fun Kingdom avec des amis de l'école à Southampton. C'était très amusant et on avait la chance d'aller chez MacDonalds après. J'avais l'habitude d'avoir beaucoup plus de cadeaux que je reçois maintenant.

Pour mon prochain anniversaire, j'espère d'avoir une leçon de conduite avec quelques amis. J'aime bien conduire donc je pense que ce sera très amusant. La leçon de conduite est à Bournemouth et est environ une heure d'où je vis. Après, je peux avoir une soirée pyjama et on peut jouer le Xbox 360 toute la nuit.

By the way I'm in french immersion, so my french isn't perfect. And I didn't spend too much time on it, so expect to have a few errors still in there.
    Last edited by Griff; 04-29-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicle1800 View Post
    I can/did ^.^
    Without a dictionary dude. You're supposed to be practicing stuff you've learned, maybe learn a few new things, not look up every single word.

Although I suppose by asking for someone to do it for him it kind of defeats the entire purpose of the assignment haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think your this profile is a part of the assignment or just need to impress someone speaking French, just kidding. You may try your profile into French with the help of the Google translation which would give perfect translation into French.

Thread Information