Thread: How to build a computer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default How to build a computer

I was asked to make a tutorial on the how to put together a computer from scratch. So here it is going to be. I am about half way done but I will put the tutorial here.

Here are the parts that I am going to use.

GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 Motherboard
    AMD Phemon II X6 Six_Core 3.2 GHz CPU (Going to do the Intel Six Core for kicks as well. But not yet)
    ANTEC 600 case
    USB Flash Drive Reader
    XFX ATI RADEON HD 5830 1GB Video Card
    G. Skill DDR3-1600 4GB Memory (Might make it 8 for kicks)
    AZIO AWD102N Wireless Card
    OCZ 700W Stealth Stream Power Supply
    LG 24x DVD-RW Drive (Was going to do Blue-Ray but not yet. Still will though.)
    Western Digital WD1002FAEX 1TB SATA3 (Going to do a solid state soon too)
    MS Windows 7 Premium Home 64

This tutorial will have picture and if I feel generous video aid as well.

Please rate when I finish.

Okay here we go.

You will need-

-Double head screw drive (Just a normal 4 edged screw driver everyone has).
    -Zip ties if you anal about the cords being in the way like me.
    -Rubbing alcohol (Don't do this unless you know what your doing).
    -Towel for the rubbing alcohol.

If you have this it would be handy...

Anyway lets start

First unpack the box with you shell/case in it, (Duh) Take all the crap out of it. And both sides if you can.

The first thing that I did was install the HDD. Not hard just a couple screws. (By the way. ALWAYS USE THE SCREWS AND WIRES THAT COME FROM THE CASE OR THE MOTHERBOARD. If it doesn't come in the motherboard or case then that's when you use the screws it gives you. So here's the HDD.

No wires will be attached until the end. Just set them aside for now. Next is the DVD-RW Drive or whatever you have. Just like the HDD its just some simple screws. The case will have some plastic in the way of where you are going to put the drive. Just pull it out its just plastic to cover up if you don't have a drive. This next picture isn't all that great but I will probably rebuild it and make a video and I will use a flashlight so that you can see. This one will take 8 screws. Normally .

Next is the most heaviest part in the entire computer (in my opinion) the power supply. Fortunately for me I am smart unlike most manufacturers and put it on the bottom. I hate the plug being on the top and in the way . Anyway this one take 4 screws directly in the back and isn't that hard to do unless its on the top than you might have some trouble. Unless your smart and turn the computer upside down to do this. (Trust me it wont hurt the computer) .

This next step is more for me but you should check just to make sure. The fans on you computer case sometimes have the cords in awkward positions so that its hard to move it out of the way when plugged in so I just unscrewed mine and rotated it 90 degrees so that the cords were in the top corner most nearest to where the motherboard will go.

Now to open the motherboard . Bet your excited lol. Well sorry but all you need out of it is the little back with all the little slots for the cords. Here you will know what I am talking about...

It just snaps in. Usually. If not I guess your out of luck.

Now to set aside the case that you just almost put together. Grab out the motherboard carefully and set it face-up on the table. Unhook or snap out the little holders on either side of the ram/memory slots.

Pull out the ram/memory and you motherboard book. Look in the book for the ram slots and find there numbers. If you have 4 slots they will be numbered like 1, 2, 3, 4 ect. Make sure you place the ram/memory in slots 1 then 2 and so on.

Now you have your ram/memory yay .

Now for the fun part. Processor!!!! Un-package and pull out the processor chip. Its very tiny and very very very delicate. Do not touch the small pins on the bottom with your hands. Try to hold it from the side with your fingers. Now do you see on the motherboard where you have this tan or white spot with a whole bunch of holes surrounded by some plastic. Like so...

On the chip and motherboard there will be arrows. Align the arrows with each other and set the motherboard in the holes. DO NOT JAM OR FORCE IT IN!!!! It should just slide in nice and easy. If not then your doing it wrong .

I am tired and will finish writing this later
    Last edited by Death12652; 07-16-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reserved.
    Still learning to code in Simba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reserved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Computer contains many hardware and software.There is difficult to build a computer ourself. Because in the CPU there are many types of chips and circuits and other hardware are works together. Computer need correct connection between two or more hardware.Than after computer will being ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johncenas View Post
    Computer contains many hardware and software.There is difficult to build a computer ourself. Because in the CPU there are many types of chips and circuits and other hardware are works together. Computer need correct connection between two or more hardware.Than after computer will being ready.
    What are you talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fail number one, the original post was July of 2010. GRAVEDIG

Fail number two, he is putting the computer parts together, not building every little chip one by one.

Fail number three, grammar fail.

And he just joined today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

um, it's a spam bot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LolL View Post
    um, it's a spam bot
    Hey. maybe he likes to point out when spam bots fail? I know i would be proud to point out a spam bots fail in numerical order! :P
    rainbows are red, violets are blue, shut the heck up,
    or I will crush you...

Don't Poems just make you happy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fail bot is fail. Sorry need to redew pics and maybe finish this sometime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually build computer very simple, look at will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's easy to build a computer. I can build one completely install the motherboard and what not all the chipsets. It gets a lot harder when your putting on an operating system especially if using a cracked version because it might require multiple partitions before it works (At least mine did not sure if it was error on my part.). After that though just a simple matter of downloading sound cards, Drivers, and usually OCCT if your over clocking but thats a lot more than basic.
    Goals:

Learn to script(doing)
    Write Basic Yew and magic log cutter(DONE!NEEDS WALKING AND BANKING 1ST)
    Create Universal Fighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by insidethefire666 View Post
    It's easy to build a computer. I can build one completely install the motherboard and what not all the chipsets. It gets a lot harder when your putting on an operating system especially if using a cracked version because it might require multiple partitions before it works (At least mine did not sure if it was error on my part.). After that though just a simple matter of downloading sound cards, Drivers, and usually OCCT if your over clocking but thats a lot more than basic.
    Nice gravedig even though this is a tut
    "Logic never changes, just the syntax" - Kyle Undefined?

Remember, The Edit Button Is There For A Reason!!!

Thread Information