Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make money?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default How to make money?

I'd like to make some moey on runescape atm but I don't play a lot anymore so I really don't know what's good to do now and what isn't. So basicly I need a money making method (can be p2p), doesn't need to be while training a skill, just as much/h as possible

Thanks

Also if someone is prepared to share a more "secret" money making way please PM me
    ~T2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Autoing or not autoing?
    I auto rune rocks and in 2-3 months I could almost have bought a p hat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cstrike View Post
    Autoing or not autoing?

Doesn't really matter I used to mine some runite to but it would take me quite some time to get my mining back up. I heard that buying neiznot helms or something was good, and is decanting still profitable?
    ~T2

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tico2 View Post
    Doesn't really matter I used to mine some runite to but it would take me quite some time to get my mining back up. I heard that buying neiznot helms or something was good, and is decanting still profitable?
    potion decanting doesn't work anymore sadly....

taking S Str pots as an example (sum of # of doses : price)

1+3: 3238
    2+2: 3238
    1+1+2: 3237
    1+1+1+1: 3236
    4: 3238

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

if you get your smithing to whatever steel is, mostly by doing the quest that gets it to 29 i believe, you can get a bit of cash then buy iron and coal, then smelt and sell bars. once you get enough to buy 10k iron 20k coal, it takes about a day for me i believe to do that much, and if the bar price is a gain of 200 which it was, its 2mil per 10k so 2mil a day. idk if prices are still like that. this was a month ago. got my first 10 mil fast. so fastish i guess. im f2p. i heard cannonballs are more gain, but im not sure as im not mem. gl

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bolshak25 View Post
    if you get your smithing to whatever steel is, mostly by doing the quest that gets it to 29 i believe, you can get a bit of cash then buy iron and coal, then smelt and sell bars. once you get enough to buy 10k iron 20k coal, it takes about a day for me i believe to do that much, and if the bar price is a gain of 200 which it was, its 2mil per 10k so 2mil a day. idk if prices are still like that. this was a month ago. got my first 10 mil fast. so fastish i guess. im f2p. i heard cannonballs are more gain, but im not sure as im not mem. gl
    mining is faster money than smelting....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By doing the quests Throne of miscellania and royal trouble (having full access to kindom management minigame) can be a great way, but a bit slow. The way the minigame works is you have to have at least 750k in your coffers and 100% each day. Every day, your kingdom will collect resources for you, but 75k will be taken out of the coffers and your popularity will decrease by 1% (provided you completed both quests). As long as you keep your coffers filled and your approval up, you earn money. If you set herbs at highest collection rate and mining at half, you can make 250-350k profit a day by doing nothing . I dont think i explained it very well lol, so here is a link to the runescape wiki about it:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_management

I just came back from a 3 week break and i made around 7.6m while i was away . Also, you could do other things while wating for your resources (like the things mentioned above).
    Last edited by magernub573; 10-03-2010 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually made 16m from Narcle's smelter (one pwnage script)
    Thanks for sharing magernub573, I'll have to look into that to fully understand it

Anoather question, is JAD's 1m/h method that he was selling still work? I'm quite sure that all of the rich people don't make their money with RC, God wars and merchanting so there should be some great ways of money making out there but probably well hidden If anyone is using something that would give me around 1m/h I will consider of buying it (if it's for sale ).
    ~T2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

(unfs) potions. I make like 500k/hr If you dont clean you can make 1m/hr
    SRL > Runescape

Quote Originally Posted by brent8900 View Post
    when i download it its a FAWG.rar how to i get it to FAWG.exe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

? I'm quite sure that all of the rich people don't make their money with RC, God wars and merchanting so there should be some great ways of money making out there but probably well hidden If anyone is using something that would give me around 1m/h I will consider of buying it (if it's for sale ).
    Depends what you mean by rich...

And I think you will have problems making 1m/h with any bots. I can only think of a few things that you could do that would make money at 1m/h that a script can emulate, and they require some decent levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wich herbs do you use to make unfinished potions? Thanks for that

And Capricorn, I can do it myself
    ~T2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

With my rune miner I'm making 500k-1 mil an hour.
    Unfortunately it is self advertisement, and I don't intend that -- but that is how I make 1 mil an hour. When I get 2 loads (its near a bank) thats usually ~1 mil right there.

During the summer I struggled to get 500k/hr, now with all the kids in school I'm making 1 mil an hour no problem.

Other ways are Runecrafting @ 91, but the problem is getting there (same with rune mining, sucks to get 85)

There is merchanting for the long run. Look at godsword prices
    Buy now, do nothing, sell when summer comes around
    Chances are they will continue to drop in price though, and you may lose so much. I don't recommend it, but it can be a great time to purchase things cheap and sell high later. I've made a few mil this way BUT my brother lost 10 million overnight, thus I'm never going to try it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

There is merchanting for the long run. Look at godsword prices
    Buy now, do nothing, sell when summer comes around
    Chances are they will continue to drop in price though, and you may lose so much. I don't recommend it, but it can be a great time to purchase things cheap and sell high later. I've made a few mil this way BUT my brother lost 10 million overnight, thus I'm never going to try it again.
    Its much easier and safer to just flip everyday, making 3-6%.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

Godswords might be dropping because jagex released chaotic mauls and they are even more powerfull. So I wouldn't recommend buying them since they might just keep going down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Wich herbs do you use to make unfinished potions? Thanks for that

And Capricorn, I can do it myself
    I don't know if your still looking for a method. But check out BraK's herb script. Extremely stable and will make you some hefty gp.
    SRL > Runescape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know it's a very unstable method, but I've always been slightly intrigued by the method of merchanting, none of that long term crap, too boring and doesn't pay off. I'm more talking about short term trading; buy something 1 hour, sell it back in 4 hours.

I've heard of people making 1-bil in a signle month from it. Only problem is however, you have to know what you're doing, or as they say: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Maybe someone can verify if this is actually a plausible method of income. I've read guides on it and it seems feasible, but I'm not 100% positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daedolon View Post
    I know it's a very unstable method, but I've always been slightly intrigued by the method of merchanting, none of that long term crap, too boring and doesn't pay off. I'm more talking about short term trading; buy something 1 hour, sell it back in 4 hours.

I've heard of people making 1-bil in a signle month from it. Only problem is however, you have to know what you're doing, or as they say: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Maybe someone can verify if this is actually a plausible method of income. I've read guides on it and it seems feasible, but I'm not 100% positive.
    It's actually a very safe method of making money as long as you stick to stable items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

"Flipping" Yeah. Examples: rune bars, steel bars, cannon balls.

Recently I made 8m from flipping cannonballs.
    Last edited by Becks; 12-06-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    SRL > Runescape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I make 2mill a day just mining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm all legit now so I figured this would be a pretty good safe way. Still working on the requirements thou.
    ~T2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Autoing or not autoing?
    Cstrike is your rune miner members only? Im guessing so since it wont let me go to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    Cstrike is your rune miner members only? Im guessing so since it wont let me go to it.
    Yeah its members right now.

I might make one for non members, but then again there has to be some rewards for becoming an SRL member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Yeah its members right now.

I might make one for non members, but then again there has to be some rewards for becoming an SRL member
    Or...... you could put it out there for junior members thats a happy inbetween ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomTuff View Post
    mining is faster money than smelting....
    No it's not. At least in F2P smelting steel and selling bars is faster, depends on current prices obviously. Possibly worldswitch mining mith/addy/rune is faster than this but not iron/coal. They are fairly close though, iron around 80-90k/h if mining with noone around and smelting 90k/h. Good thing about smelting steel though is you don't get screwed if you can't find a free world
    Last edited by any_one; 12-07-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    Or...... you could put it out there for junior members thats a happy inbetween ha
    Junior members are nonmembers. Registered users and junior members have most of the same privileges, but the most important one is that they can see all the same scripts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information