Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rant against the staff - Version 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The fact is that there's lots of stuff which goes on in higher boards which can't be seen by lower ranked members, hence not them not being able to clearly understand the situation and vote accordingly.
    I was trying to get at that, i just could'nt get it into words for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD on IRC
    wanted to troll the troll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

The fact is that there's lots of stuff which goes on in higher boards which can't be seen by lower ranked members, hence not them not being able to clearly understand the situation and vote accordingly.
    Yes i can agree with that rich ..

that is why, i said the Higher members should ALWAYS have the last say .

but other lower level members DO still have valid points to make .
    on other Past occurences witch may have happened in the public forums . these possible other occurences may have been overlooked or miss-understood by some of the members,

While this isn't to say that Members Shouldnt be the only people responsible
    for the banning of users of this community
    i feel that depriving the people who are not as high ranked members ( but are still making a valid contribution to the community and are " trusted ") from having their say actualy taken notice of , then people would not feel part of the community .

you cant deny there are people who havent got the rank of SRL Member
    but are still loved, trusted, friends of villavu,
    that i think deserve their say

Last edited by sm0k3; 04-21-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is my 2 cents on the staff.

I dislike them in ways that i see them as ignorant assholes who know it all.

The staff reminds me of my boss at Pizza Hut. If anyone gives an idea for productivity, he doesn't listen and rants on how its fine the way it is.

In other words, hes a fucking lazy mother fucker who's biased on his ideas only.

That's the way I see the staff now.

I don't want to the hear this BS about " we have personal lives, blah blah blah"

If you had personal lives you wont log onto this forum every day to give your 2 cents on a procedure that someone created, and call it "not good, or we already have it. nice try now gtfo."

Example:

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64075

Seriously, come on.

Get your act together.

Just my 2 cents as this is how I still see the staff cents Cstrike was bashed away.

Just sayin.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Squancy, if you keep talking about cstrike, let's say he was completely wrong on the technical side he was complaining at. 'ADD INTERFACES TOOO SMART PLEEAAASEEE', while SMART already supported it, just reflection didn't.
    Prove me wrong.
    Also, if he was right, why would he leave? This community is about learning, if he really wanted to he could grab SMART's source (yes, it's FOSS now) and add it himself (f it was actually missing)..
    Also, if he really wanted to accomplish something, why would he leave when one admin (who isn't involved at all in staff decisions) complained a bit about his whine-babying?
    Please clarify, in my opinion it just shows a lack of self-confidence and choosing the way with the least resistance. Going away.
    All (except one) of the staff didn't have a problem with cstrike at all. Please don't generalize too much. Talk him to go back if he's got the guts to! We'll welcome him.
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post

The staff reminds me of my boss at Pizza Hut. If anyone gives an idea for productivity, he doesn't listen and rants on how its fine the way it is.

In other words, hes a fucking lazy mother fucker who's biased on his ideas only.

I don't want to the hear this BS about " we have personal lives, blah blah blah"

If you had personal lives you wont log onto this forum every day to give your 2 cents on a procedure that someone created, and call it "not good, or we already have it. nice try now gtfo."

Example:

Seriously, come on.

Get your act together.

Just my 2 cents as this is how I still see the staff cents Cstrike was bashed away.

Just sayin.
    What? The only staff member in that thread that your post applies to is RM, and he simply asked why there were so many similar names as there was in MSI..
    YoHoJo and Markus weren't even on RM's side
    Last edited by Zyt3x; 04-26-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Oh we already ranted enough about RM. He can't help it, please leave him out of it.
    RM: you're doing fine atm But please, don't be too over-protective of MSI though it's your baby
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Oh we already ranted enough about RM. He can't help it, please leave him out of it.
    RM: you're doing fine atm But please, don't be too over-protective of MSI though it's your baby
    I didn't mean that as a rant for RM btw, I like the way he is now

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Example:

Seriously, come on.

Get your act together.

Just sayin.
    Why can't we have lives of our own? I don't get this part. If you're willing to pay me 40 dollars per hour I'll be happy to administer the forum all day. But as long as you won't, I'll stick to my five classes + thesis. You seem frustrated but I don't really get your point.

I don't think we try to put people down.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

I've had my fair share of rants about the staff, as well as pretty heated discussions with some of them, but at the end of the day you've got the realise that the staff (believe it or not) are normal people just like you and I, with work, education, and families all taking time, and if need be, priority. Although SRL is a fantastic forum, the staff, just like everyone else, have 'bad days' when they're in a shitty mood, and some of their posts reflect that, but the fact is that the effort put in by the staff is brilliant. We may not be the biggest community out there, but we're definitely one of the most friendly and welcoming ones out there, and this is due to the ethos passed down in ranks. Without the staff that we have, we'd probably end up like Sythe where you can find the highest ranked members scamming.

Remember...

staff <> aliens
    staff = humans
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Squancy, if you keep talking about cstrike, let's say he was completely wrong on the technical side he was complaining at. 'ADD INTERFACES TOOO SMART PLEEAAASEEE', while SMART already supported it, just reflection didn't.
    Prove me wrong.
    Also, if he was right, why would he leave? This community is about learning, if he really wanted to he could grab SMART's source (yes, it's FOSS now) and add it himself (f it was actually missing)..
    Also, if he really wanted to accomplish something, why would he leave when one admin (who isn't involved at all in staff decisions) complained a bit about his whine-babying?
    Please clarify, in my opinion it just shows a lack of self-confidence and choosing the way with the least resistance. Going away.
    All (except one) of the staff didn't have a problem with cstrike at all. Please don't generalize too much. Talk him to go back if he's got the guts to! We'll welcome him.
    This wasn't about cstrike.

This was only how i started viewing the staff (Ben).

I don't mean the whole staff, I'm only pointing out how some may criticize to much on people work.

And i wasn't talking about Markus, or YohoJo on that thread. As i didn't want to mention names.

@wizzup; I would never in the right mind pay someone 40 dollars per hour to monitor letters, for 8 hours a day. Simply, because I don't want to be responsible for their crappy health problems that they will have.

I only mention that, because they seem to take 30 minutes out of their "busy" day to rant on something that they can find.

I don't have a complete list of where i have seen this, but their has been many times where i wanted to negative rep them for it.

I'm not frustrated at all, only annoyed as I have to bring this topic up once again.

And I figured it would fit perfectly in this thread.

@Rich I respect the staff, i really do. I don't hold a grudge on them all day long and think about how stupid am I for posting my opinions on the forums that will not matter. I know they have done a great job since I had first joined, I'm only pointing out the obvious to fix the obvious.

After all, that's what this thread is about.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

I only mention that, because they seem to take 30 minutes out of their "busy" day to rant on something that they can find.

I don't have a complete list of where i have seen this, but their has been many times where i wanted to negative rep them for it.

I'm not frustrated at all, only annoyed as I have to bring this topic up once again.
    SRL costs me a lot more than 30 minutes per day on average. More like hours if you include working on Simba and Stats.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

I see what you mean and I get your point (I sometimes have the same feeling), but you can't entirely compare browsing the forums and doing work for SRL. Personally, I find it hard to start working on something I know I need to take my time for, when I actually haven't got that much time. Browsing the forums is something you can do in between things.

Of course, I have much more spare time than I actually put into working for/at SRL. Sometimes I just want to do nothing or sometimes I want to do other things. As Rich said, staff <> aliens.
    Hup Holland Hup!

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nielsie95 View Post
    Of course, I have much more spare time than I actually put into working for/at SRL. Sometimes I just want to do nothing or sometimes I want to do other things. As Rich said, staff <> aliens.
    BenLand100 and I beg to differ!

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

staff <> aliens
    staff = humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzup? View Post
    BenLand100 and I beg to differ!
    Fucking blowing our cover, man.

I think you misspelled "arrogant"
    since*
    Also, any bashing that may or may not have occurred was warranted, even if you do not see the reasoning behind it. Talking about things you don't understand is a bad idea.

This was only how i started viewing the staff (Ben).
    Aww, he called me THE STAFF, which I guess means I own the place now.

(please don't be offended or angered in any way, that would make me win, after all. Also, this took much less than 30 min to find and rant about, so your estimates might be a bit off)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

<3 Wizzy
    <3 BenLand

<3 The Haters......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why haven't the administrators put in a vending machine in the lobby? I mean, when I log in, I'm in the lobby, and I would like a soda while I browse the sections.

Agreed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cool aide View Post
    why haven't the administrators put in a vending machine in the lobby? I mean, when i log in, i'm in the lobby, and i would like a soda while i browse the sections.

Agreed?
    OH YEAAH! a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@ Benland

Nuff said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I feel the (a) staff (member) could be more understanding towards one's views and opinions, and discuss it with them in a way that isn't condescending.

I'm not naming anyone, but I hope they know who they are and learn how to handle people and their feelings/views better.
    Last edited by 1337w33d; 04-29-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Time is just an illusion, we are all dying from the disease of age.
    When in doubt, please go here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Aide View Post
    Why haven't the administrators put in a vending machine in the lobby? I mean, when I log in, I'm in the lobby, and I would like a soda while I browse the sections.

Agreed?
    Agreed.
    Join the IRC! irc.rizon.net:6667/srl | SQLite (0.99rc3+) | SRL Doc | Simba Doc | Extra Simba Libraries (openSSL & sqlite3)
    Quote Originally Posted by #srl
    10:45 < Toter> daphil when can get sex anyday I want
    10:45 < Toter> he is always on #SRL
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Aide View Post

Agreed?
    Same, has to be done
    Quote Originally Posted by DD on IRC
    wanted to troll the troll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Why don't you then ?
    Join the IRC! irc.rizon.net:6667/srl | SQLite (0.99rc3+) | SRL Doc | Simba Doc | Extra Simba Libraries (openSSL & sqlite3)
    Quote Originally Posted by #srl
    10:45 < Toter> daphil when can get sex anyday I want
    10:45 < Toter> he is always on #SRL
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1337w33d View Post
    I feel the (a) staff (member) could be more understanding towards one's views and opinions, and discuss it with them in a way that isn't condescending.

I'm not naming anyone, but I hope they know who they are and learn how to handle people and their feelings/views better.
    I agree completely, Wizzup has been rather out of control lately. I'll talk to him in confidence and see if he won't tone it down a bit.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information