Thread: The complete newbie's guide to SRL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Default The complete newbie's guide to SRL

Ok, so you've accidentally stumbled across this site, or you're a old timer returning after a few years and you feel like you're in a different world because everything's changed so much. This guide will help you with the most basic things, so here it goes:

1) Simba- Its the new scar, and this is what we're going to use to run most of the scripts found here. For instructions on how to install/setup simba, visit this page here:

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47714

2) So you've setup simba/srl and are ready to pwn the world of rs. So, In order to be able to auto, you need to have a script, which you can find by browsing the forums, and once you save it, here is what you should do:
    • 1 - Open the script with simba
    • 2 - Fill in the declare players like this:

Simba Code:
      procedure DeclarePlayers;
        begin
          HowManyPlayers := 1;        <----------//How many players you're using.
          NumberOfPlayers(HowManyPlayers);
          CurrentPlayer := 0;            <----------//leave this like it is unless you know what you're doing

with Players[0] do
          begin
            Name        := '';        <------//write you're runescape name/email inside the quotes
            Pass        := '';         <------//write you're password inside the quotes
            Nick        := '';          <------//you can skip this one unless your script needs it, in which case you write 3 consecutive characters from your username(usually i put my last 3 chars)
            Pin         := '';          <------//your bank pin if you have it(eg: '1234')
            Active      := true;     <-----//do you wan't to use this character?if so leave it as true

//Depending on the script you use you may have to fill out other stuff like these:
            Integers[0] := 100;    //number of loads to before you script stops
            Booleans[0]:= True;   //do you want to take breaks?
            Integers[1]:= 5;        //how long do you want to take a break for.
          end;
      end;
    • 3 - Once you do that open up runescape in safe mode(press 'S' while its starting to do this)in you're browser and do this:
      • * Set the screen size to fixed
        * Turn off animated background
        * And make sure you're custom settings look like this:

* The cpu usage is upto you and you can leave the brightness as it is unless you seriously have a problem.

Now, before you go off doing whatever you like on the forums, read this:
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22178 and this:
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6964

So if you've followed everything, you should be all good to bot to your hearts content(though im not exactly sure why you'd feel overwhelmingly happy about this). Anyways moving on to the SRL stats.

In addition the declare players, some scripts have something like this somewhere near the top:
    SRLStats_username = ''; <-----write you're srl stats username here(optional)
    SRLStats_Pass = ''; <-----write you're srl stats password here(optional as well)

NOTE: You're srl stats username/password is not the same one you used to register on this site, you have to register for it separately here(but you can still use the same user/pass that you used for this site):
    http://stats.villavu.com/register

FAQ
    1. 1 - None as of yet(will add something if you want me to).
    Last edited by KingKong; 04-08-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added some extra stuff

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Nice tutorial!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

1) CPU should be on "Maximum".
    2) Brightness should be at 4 (max).

Everything else looks cool.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Brightness level doesn't affect my display for some reason, and why max cpu?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Brightness changes the client's brightness. It might be unnoticeable to you, but it does change it, and it should be at max. Max CPU is somewhat optional; I prefer it because it gives you the least amount of client-lag.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

maximum and min is no huge difference. Just depends on why type of cpu you have.

quad core of course would use maximum
    single core might want to use minimum just to be safe.

there is no significant difference that i have noticed. As i made a 60+ hour proggie running on minimum on my quad core.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

bump

I & I know Zion. It is in the spirit, body and mind of every one of us
    RMouse(obj: TMSIObject): boolean;

Thread Information