Thread: [Simba] Error starting SMART, ensure the target page has an applet declaration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation [Simba] Error starting SMART, ensure the target page has an applet declaration

Hi guys, I woke up this morning after running a few off Simba last night to all of them logged out. I didn't think much of it so i just went on didint think much of it. When i came back to actually start them up i got this message.

(Error starting SMART, ensure the target page has has an applet declaration)

I didn't mess or experiment with anything either.

Any help would be great.

*EDIT* I forgot to mention it makes notepads on my desktop with some sort of error or something if that's needed I can show.

Please mod's move this to the "SMART" section or "Help".

Thanks,

-Obx
    Last edited by obx420; 01-28-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Try loading Runescape using Runescape.com instead of SMART

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    Try loading Runescape using Runescape.com instead of SMART
    Hmmm, I just tried that I seem to be getting the same error.

Should i just try re-installing everything and see what's up?

*EDIT*- I actually just found out that i can only run MSI mining, It run's normal game starts log in dose what it should. As for a script from Narcle's Fast Fighter (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20110) It doesn't i get the error i stated above.

I can run normal Runescape on a Internet browser.
    I can also run MSI scripts. (like mining)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I cannot run Narcle's Fast Fighter. (http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20110)

The graphics should be what they should be to run everything triple checked.
    I also noticed i posted on the wrong section, please move this to "SMART", "Help" section. Sorry

-Obx
    Last edited by obx420; 01-28-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Load RuneScape in your normal browser and while it is loading, press the "S" button on your keyboard to start the game in "Safe Mode".

After that, attempt to use SMART again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RISK View Post
    Load RuneScape in your normal browser and while it is loading, press the "S" button on your keyboard to start the game in "Safe Mode".

After that, attempt to use SMART again.

By loading do you mean while fetching files, etc? (From the very beginning)? Or after it's done loading and you can type in you're user-name and password?

Things I've Done-
    • I ran normal Runescape on a Internet browser.
    • I checked the graphic settings on Runescape using a Internet Browser.
    • Restarted my computer.
    • I've checked my extensions.
    • Java is fully updated. (it was already)
    • Everything is updated.
    • Holding down "S" while Loading.

Thing's That Work-
    • Running MSI Scripts. (Like Mining)
    • Playing Runescape on a Internet Browser.

Script Not Working-

I'll go ahead and try and update you if this works.

***UPDATE***- I tried opening Runescape on a Internet Browser and holding down "S" both before files started fetching/checking for updates. Also at the log in screen (where you type in you're information to login); I'll continue to try while i wait for a reply.

***(Someone please move this topic to the correct area)*** Sorry

Thanks,

-Obx
    Last edited by obx420; 01-28-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

While it's fetching the files, yes. Just keep pressing "S" over and over again. Like your life depended on it. "MASH THE KEY, OBX420! MASH THE KEY!" is what you could say to your self while you do this.

You could also try running this and see if it works:
    Simba Code:
    program new;
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$i SRL/SRL.scar}

procedure DeclarePlayers;
    begin
      HowManyPlayers := 1;
      NumberOfPlayers(HowManyPlayers);
      CurrentPlayer  := 0;

with Players[0] do
      begin
        Name := '';
        Pass := '';
        Nick := '';
        Active:=True;
      end;
    end;

procedure MainLoop;
    begin
      SetupSRL;
      DeclarePlayers;
      LoginPlayer;

Wait(1000);
    end;

begin
      MainLoop;
    end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

While it's fetching the files, yes. Just keep pressing "S" over and over again. Like your life depended on it. "MASH THE KEY, OBX420! MASH THE KEY!" is what you could say to your self while you do this.

You could also try running this and see if it works:
    Simba Code:
    program new;
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$i SRL/SRL.scar}

procedure DeclarePlayers;
    begin
      HowManyPlayers := 1;
      NumberOfPlayers(HowManyPlayers);
      CurrentPlayer  := 0;

with Players[0] do
      begin
        Name := '';
        Pass := '';
        Nick := '';
        Active:=True;
      end;
    end;

procedure MainLoop;
    begin
      SetupSRL;
      DeclarePlayers;
      LoginPlayer;

Wait(1000);
    end;

begin
      MainLoop;
    end.
    I tried, and tried with different Internet Browser tabs to mash "S" while "fetching files" and even logged in after doing so then closing the window, and still I can't get on and get the same error for SMART, It's weird can run MSI (Mining) Scripts just not the fighter.

As for the code you listed, where exactly would you place that using this script.

-Obx
    Last edited by obx420; 01-28-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Don't place it anywhere in that script. While Simba is selected, press "CTRL + S" on your keyboard and then paste the code I gave in my previous post and then run it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Don't place it anywhere in that script. While Simba is selected, press "CTRL + S" on your keyboard and then paste the code I gave in my previous post and then run it.
    Hey man i did exactly what you said to do i opened a fresh Simba and pasted that code onto a fresh Simba. I pressed "CTRL + S" and what that did was save it. I went ahead and saved it. I then "Ran" it. It opened the window perfectly and logged me on (cause i typed the information in with in the blanks). But like i said, for that specific script it doesn't work! (The fighter script). It worked logging me in with the code you listed, and MSI. (Mining)

I'm sorry if I'm being a noob lol, But I'm lost! I appreciate you trying to help tho!

-Obx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Oops. CTRL + N, my bad. But either way, yay for it working! It must be a problem with Narcle's Fast Fighter and I can't be of much help with that. But at least we know that it's that specific script.

Quote Originally Posted by obx420 View Post
    Hey man i did exactly what you said to do i opened a fresh Simba and pasted that code onto a fresh Simba. I pressed "CTRL + S" and what that did was save it. I went ahead and saved it. I then "Ran" it. It opened the window perfectly and logged me on (cause i typed the information in with in the blanks). But like i said, for that specific script it doesn't work! (The fighter script). It worked logging me in with the code you listed, and MSI. (Mining)

I'm sorry if I'm being a noob lol, But I'm lost! I appreciate you trying to help tho!

-Obx
    PS: You aren't a noob. We don't mind helping other people here and we don't really "Bash" them when they do ask for help, no matter the question. So don't be afraid to ask questions.

"A man who does not take risks in life will not progress."
    Last edited by RISK; 01-28-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Oops. CTRL + N, my bad. But either way, yay for it working! It must be a problem with Narcle's Fast Fighter and I can't be of much help with that. But at least we know that it's that specific script.
    CTRL + N, that opens a fresh script? The code you listed works perfectly but yea, like i said It's only with the Fighting Script (Narcle's Fast Fighter). I mean my freind is using it right now no problem. My self and my Brother use it as well but it's just on my computer that this happens.

-Obx
    Last edited by obx420; 01-28-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm having the exact same problem with another one of Narcle's scripts : Narcle's AK Smelter. Just started happening this morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mastaLink View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem with another one of Narcle's scripts : Narcle's AK Smelter. Just started happening this morning.
    My freind seems to be online on several of his characters using it. I myself just noticed someone posted with the same problem on his post other than just me and you. As for me it started this morning to, this script is amazing it runs for hours with out fail.

Wounder what's wrong!

-Obx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was havin this problem too. Try finding the line "Smart_Server :=" (without the quotes) and replace the number with the server you usually play on, or 0 for random. Smart's probably trying to log onto a server that's either members, down, or has some other problem. Hope it works!
    --Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok im a complete noob at this cause i use to use rsbot and rsbuddy so it completely dumbed down... i got all the way through downloading simba and i get to the part where im suppose to put some sort of code into simba to get SMART to pop op to be on the runescape login.. can anybody help me out to get there and possibly help me run the first script lol thank you....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

SMART is broken right now. At the moment you can use your browser's Runescape.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i get that same message.. where i have to have an applet decleration

i did it with the my browser open and i ran the script (btw this is the script used in the tutorial on how to use simba) and i still get the message.. what am i doing wrong?

like idk how to do any of this.. lol idk if my settings are correct.. idk if what exactly im suppose to do with the script.. am i suppose to fill out the script?????
    Last edited by Zyt3x; 10-26-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

What script is it? SMART is currently broken so you will have to remove SMART from the script. It's usually {$DEFINE SMART} in the code. But chances are if your script is using SMART it also uses Reflection, so it won't run. Search for an all-color script such as YoHoJo's PMS or Main's Clan Wars fighter.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deathdeal55 View Post
    i did it with the my browser open and i ran the script (btw this is the script used in the tutorial on how to use simba) and i still get the message.. what am i doing wrong?
    As Harry said, SMART is broken at the moment. Remove the {$DEFINE SMART} and try running the tutorial script again. Only color-based scripts work at the moment. So if you use one, Like Happy Runescape, you will need to drag the crosshair symbol in the Simba toolbar to the Runescape window before running the script.
    [10/14/13:19:03] <BenLand100> this is special relatively, just cleverly disguised with yachts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh ok.. is there a script for smithing that isnt colored??

ok i took the SMART parts off and i ran narcles ak smelter and like the menu came up to pick which bars i want to make and i filled it out and pressed start but nothing happend..?
    Last edited by Zyt3x; 10-26-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deathdeal55 View Post
    ok i took the SMART parts off and i ran narcles ak smelter and like the menu came up to pick which bars i want to make and i filled it out and pressed start but nothing happend..?
    Hold 's' after you click "Play Now" on Runescape's website. Wait for the game applet to appear, it should be a small window, as holding 's' starts the game in safe mode. Drag the crosshair to the game applet, and then run the script.
    [10/14/13:19:03] <BenLand100> this is special relatively, just cleverly disguised with yachts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

opening up internet explorer as the game is loading up, one click on the button "S" did the trick for me

Thread Information