Thread: help with another essay >.<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default help with another essay >.<

iv can anyone help? gotta revise this. its an argument against copywrights but it doesnt sound right.
    Many people play consoles like PS3 and Xbox360. Each game costs about 60 dollars. Buying 17 games results in your paying over one thousand dollars. Most people cannot afford this, and so they mod their consoles so they can play pirated games.
    This is all to get around the right of companies to control distribution of their product. This control produces a monopoly on the game, which is also unconstitutional.
    Another Problem with copyrights is that they reduce creativity. Copyrights started out as a rare privilege, to own something that is not to be made by other people. Now it is so common, you have to search among millions of patents, in order to be sure you won’t be sued for creating a product too similar to competitors.
    When competitors only have to sue people to keep selling their products, it causes the products to be not as good as they would be if companies focused more on making the best product then suing people.
    Another problem with copyrights is the internet. Search engines are sued for linking to some files, or caching websites. Google offers an online book reading service where you can read part of a published book before buying. Some say it is breach of copyright, others say it causes people to want to buy the material that they started reading.
    Websites, like pirate bay, have sprung up solely for sharing files among computer users. These websites are sued constantly because they exist solely to breach copyright. If it were not for these websites, some programs and files would not be as well known as they are now.
    Knowledge should be shared, not protected. The first amendment is supposed to protect the rights of people to express their thoughts, but in our current society, we attack people who do this.
    Sell botted goods at mid to high prices!!! Else we lose our profit AND ruin the game!!!!

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Have a look at GNU.org, they have good articles. http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sweet. i hadnt seen that before. thanks =]
    Sell botted goods at mid to high prices!!! Else we lose our profit AND ruin the game!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

That is a very short essay..

Try to create longer sentences using joining words where appropriate. It keeps your work flowing nicer.
    Writing an SRL Member Application | [Updated] Pascal Scripting Statements
    My GitHub

Progress Report:
    13:46 <@BenLand100> <SourceCode> @BenLand100: what you have just said shows you 
                        have serious physchological problems
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE GETS IT!
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE FINALLY GETS IT!!!!1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok, ill do that and repost. that makes sense :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes haha this is a very short essay. Maybe elaborate a bit more on your details?
    btw, is this college or highschool? cuz i dont have to do anything on copyrights and such at my highschool. and it looks a bit more like college writing.
    http://i55.tinypic.com/2w5rek0.jpg

P3rs0nal1ty -- Formerly known as Donkey60000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

haha. i wish it was college level :P. this is highschool and im horrible at writing. btw i did rewrite and forgot to post. ill do that in a min.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RPG Game Companies like Jagex and Blizzard Entertainment have been creating games for years, and with the release of these games, inevitably came cheaters. Cheaters don’t like earning their status in games so they ‘cheat’ to get it. In order for there to be cheaters, there must be cheat makers.
    These ‘cheat makers’ are often kids who are beginning to learn programming. The largest obstacle in writing a program, is purpose. Where some people might make a calculator, these kids have set out to create a really usefull program that they can see direct results from, in this case the result is their in-game characters gaining levels at a rapid rate. These cheats that play games for you, are often referred to as ‘bots’.
    Game Companies have quite a few good reasons to ban these cheaters. One reason, and probably the largest, that when bots ‘farm’ objects they shift the economy. Farming is when a Player, or bot, does something repeatedly, often to collect drops or earn money in-game. Farming causes a surplus in supply, which causes a drop in demand. When the demand goes down, so does the price of the farmed object. By selling these objects they have farmed, the prices of the object go down and it causes economy failure in-game, which ruins the gaming experience for legit players.
    From the game creator’s point of view, cheaters ruin the gaming experience for legit players, and when players don’t feel the game is much fun anymore, they will stop paying for the game. With this in mind, game creators combat these cheaters in various ways, including suing them for real world money, thereby ruining the lives of the kids.
    The easy way to fix this problem is for gaming companies to make prices static, so that supply and demand doesn’t factor in. Another possible solution, which many gaming companies have already implemented, is to sell gold, By selling gold, the companies that sell gold illegally will have a harder time selling and they will stop making and using bots.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

"cheaters. Cheaters ‘cheat’ cheaters, cheat ‘cheat cheats ‘bots’. cheaters. bots bot, cheaters cheaters bots"

lol.

Also, "legit" isn't a word that you should use in an essay. And you have a number of punctuation and grammar mistakes.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Very short, lot's of grammatical errors and it isn't really proper essay structure...
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmm, i was trying to base it off lecture format ish. i was giving an explanation as if i was saying it. have any ideas on how to fix the format though? its an argument, not a five paragraph essay, :P

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Wait. This is supposed to be a persuasive essay? :x wat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The biggest thing is that you need to fully develop your ideas. And since you're relying heavily on economic principles try using google books to find some info to cite. In the first book listed, there are plenty of pages on supply and demand.

Also, your second paragraph is mixed up with so many different ideas. Here's how I would organize the ideas:

1)introduction<--explain what an RPG is, prepare the reader more before diving right into the idea of cheating
    2)cheating in RPGs<--now talk about how cheating has developed and why
    3)negative effects of cheating<--economy (and more?)
    4)arguement<--if I were you I'd just go ahead and make this anti-cheating. why? it's easier, and it's pretty much what how your essay is set up anyway
    5)conclusion<--tie it all together

Quote Originally Posted by i luffs yeww View Post
    "cheaters. Cheaters ‘cheat’ cheaters, cheat ‘cheat cheats ‘bots’. cheaters. bots bot, cheaters cheaters bots"

lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by i luffs yeww View Post
    Wait. This is supposed to be a persuasive essay? :x wat.
    Wait this is the bashing section?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

I wasn't laughing at how he writes, nor bashing. I just thought it was funny. It's not like I'm the greatest writer in the world, and I would've probably laughed if I noticed how many times I used those words in a single paragraph. And I know him. He's not just some random guy on the forums I'm trying to make fun of.

And I just didn't feel like anyone addressed anything about persuasive essay stuff so I didn't know it was supposed to be persuasive.

Thread Information