Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ~ Teh Flax Spinner ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogeruk View Post
    Label the attachments with version numbers so you have an history and users can see what version it is?
    There's an update list on first post showing time and date of each update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This script is great! I'm going to have a sweet proggy pretty soon.

Bug: The script sometimes fails to walk up/down the stairs and assumes it did. It will then try walk to the bank when it's still on the spinning wheel floor or try to walk to the spinning wheel when it's still on the bank floor. Maybe check if the bank or spinning wheel symbol is on the minimap to determine if the walking up/down the stairs was successful?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

- Also sometimes it takes a while to find bank (im using latest version)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another bug: When the script is banking and it right-clicks the bank booth, sometimes the grouped option shows up instead of the normal non-grouped ones due to a large amount of players standing next to the booth. The script doesn’t handle this properly and clicks on the second option anyways which instead of being "Use-quickly" is "Walk here" which makes it walk to the bank booth (duh), not open it. It keeps trying and trying until the non-grouped options show, but that wastes a lot of time.

The above shows the grouped option I’m talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Banking bug ELIMINATED. Will now always open by NPC instead of booth. Also floor detection should work properly. Redownload the script

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks dude! I'm also pretty sure SRL has the functionality to handle grouped options (NPC is working perfectly but for being more human-like your script could do both). I think the floor detection is working well; the script is performing very quickly and flawlessly so far.

Another tiny, tiny suggestion: When the script is walking to the bank, it usually clicks somewhere outside or close to outside the bank. Having it click inside the bank more often would save some time + it's what humans usually do .

The red rectangle is where the script usually walks my player and the cyan tiles script is where I'm suggesting it should walk more often, though not always to make it more human-like.

Edit: Nope, the floor detection isn't working. The script was done banking, walked to the stairs, and misclicked the stairs. It then assumed it went downstairs and tried to click the tile where the spinning wheel usually is, but my player was still on the bank floor. It then fixed itself by retrying to walk to the stairs and clicking them and succeeded, but regardless the detection didn't work.
    Last edited by LolL; 03-19-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LolL View Post
    Thanks dude! I'm also pretty sure SRL has the functionality to handle grouped options (NPC is working perfectly but for being more human-like your script could do both). I think the floor failsafe is working good; the script is performing very quickly and flawlessly so far.

Another tiny, tiny suggestion: When the script is walking to the bank, it usually clicks somewhere outside or close to outside the bank. Having it click inside the bank more often would save some time + it's what humans usually do .

The red rectangle is where the script usually walks my player and the cyan tiles script is where I'm suggesting it should walk more often, though not always to make it more human-like.
    I'd love you to find me the function that supports grouped options

Also fixed the walking, so download once again . Let me know if it still should walk oddly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The script got stuck for some reason after it took a break.

Progress Report:
    [09:45:10 PM] Walked back to da bank!
    [09:45:11 PM] Printed on-screen progress report
    *-*- Teh Flax Spinner v1.00 ~ By Emaziz -*-*
    * (Progress report)
    *-*- flaxflaxflaxflaxflaxflax -*-*
    [09:45:17 PM] Walked back to da bank!
    [09:45:18 PM] Printed on-screen progress report
    * (Progress report)
    [09:45:22 PM] Walked back to da bank!
    [09:45:23 PM] Printed on-screen progress report
    * (Progress report)

And it kept doing that for 40 minutes until I came back and stopped the script. I watched what was happening: the script would walk the player (even though he was already at the bank), wait a bit (no mouse movements or anything), and then rewalk the player, wait a bit, and again and again. I think it was having a problem finding the banker, although it worked for about 50 minutes before that.

Btw, when you said you "fixed the walking, so download once again", did you mean the script would walk inside the bank more often or that you fixed the floor detection (see my edit above)?

Edit: It got stuck again. Same exact thing as above (except this time my inventory was full of flax, not bow string, but that doesn't matter). And it was after it took a break, just like last time. Taking a break is causing issues with finding the banker for some reason. I'm going to turn breaks off for now, but a fix would be nice.
    Last edited by LolL; 03-20-2011 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Added info to when it's getting stuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Progress Report:
    *   Running for: 6 Hours, 3 Minutes and 42 Seconds
    *    Experience: 85530
    *      Exp/hour: 14109
    *     Flax spun: 5702
    *Flax spun/hour: 940

- I left my house and accidentally left it running lol, o well got me 60 crafting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

The script got stuck for some reason after it took a break.

Progress Report:
    [09:45:10 PM] Walked back to da bank!
    [09:45:11 PM] Printed on-screen progress report
    * (Progress report)
    [09:45:17 PM] Walked back to da bank!
    [09:45:18 PM] Printed on-screen progress report
    * (Progress report)
    [09:45:22 PM] Walked back to da bank!
    [09:45:23 PM] Printed on-screen progress report
    * (Progress report)

And it kept doing that for 40 minutes until I came back and stopped the script. I watched what was happening: the script would walk the player (even though he was already at the bank), wait a bit (no mouse movements or anything), and then rewalk the player, wait a bit, and again and again. I think it was having a problem finding the banker, although it worked for about 50 minutes before that.

Btw, when you said you "fixed the walking, so download once again", did you mean the script would walk inside the bank more often or that you fixed the floor detection (see my edit above)?

Edit: It got stuck again. Same exact thing as above (except this time my inventory was full of flax, not bow string, but that doesn't matter). And it was after it took a break, just like last time. Taking a break is causing issues with finding the banker for some reason. I'm going to turn breaks off for now, but a fix would be nice.
    Quite odd. Breaking shouldn't affect this at all. Anyways, banking procedure is only called when you do NOT have any flax in inventory. According to the debug you gave me, it doesn't attempt to open the bank at all, which means you had flax in inventory which also means it shouldn't walk to bank at all ... May be reflection messing with you. Well, tweaked the script a little bit more and uploaded. Btw if you have a laggy computer you may want to disable graphics for better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by willie2oo8 View Post
    Progress Report:
    *   Running for: 6 Hours, 3 Minutes and 42 Seconds
    *    Experience: 85530
    *      Exp/hour: 14109
    *     Flax spun: 5702
    *Flax spun/hour: 940

- I left my house and accidentally left it running lol, o well got me 60 crafting
    Very nice You had breaking right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emaziz View Post
    Very nice You had breaking right?
    - Yeah i did

EDIT: Btw when its banking a lot of the time it hovers over the cannon and then when it finally finds bank it waits around 10 secs to deposit all the flax ^^ if you could improve the banking a bit the flax per hour would be much faster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

- Yeah i did

EDIT: Btw when its banking a lot of the time it hovers over the cannon and then when it finally finds bank it waits around 10 secs to deposit all the flax ^^ if you could improve the banking a bit the flax per hour would be much faster
    Maybe it's about time someone makes an R_OpenBankNPC function ... Maybe that someone will have to be me I'll try to fix one

EDIT: There. Opened bank a houndred times with a custom function, it can't possibly fail now! Download and hopefully you won't have to download again in a while.
    Last edited by Emaziz; 03-20-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I’ve been running the script in chunks for two days. I had this really nice proggy--over 4 hours long--but my computer shut off . Um, so the longest one that I could actually save would be:

Over 2 hours and 2200 flax spun, which finished the last of my flax.

Here’s the real deal, though:

That’s over 10k bow strings in barely less than 10 hours (1k / hour). Over 1.9m, cash money baby .

So the floor detection isn’t flawless but the script fails to go up/down the stairs rarely for me so it’s all good. I haven’t checked if the breaking problem still exists or not and how the new banker finding is working; I will later if I need to spin more flax. But solid script overall.

Edit: You should really change the version stored in the script every time you update it because it gets confusing.
    Last edited by LolL; 03-21-2011 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One word.. AMAZING.

This is my current proggy (and it's still running).

It rarely gets stuck, and if it does it corrects itself.
    Very very good, It got me from 71-72 crafting also .

Edit: Ended up running for 8 hours and gained 100k crafting Exp.
    It finished all my Flax.
    Last edited by Santa; 03-21-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I’ve been running the script in chunks for two days. I had this really nice proggy--over 4 hours long--but my computer shut off . Um, so the longest one that I could actually save would be:

Over 2 hours and 2200 flax spun, which finished the last of my flax.

Here’s the real deal, though:

That’s over 10k bow strings in barely less than 10 hours (1k / hour). Over 1.9m, cash money baby .

So the floor detection isn’t flawless but the script fails to go up/down the stairs rarely for me so it’s all good. I haven’t checked if the breaking problem still exists or not and how the new banker finding is working; I will later if I need to spin more flax. But solid script overall.

Edit: You should really change the version stored in the script every time you update it because it gets confusing.
    Glad banking worked out I will rewrite the engine to improve speed and eliminate floor bug. Since all updates really haven't been anything but bug fixes. I'll release the new version later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    One word.. AMAZING.

This is my current proggy (and it's still running).

It rarely gets stuck, and if it does it corrects itself.
    Very very good, It got me from 71-72 crafting also .

Edit: Ended up running for 8 hours and gained 100k crafting Exp.
    It finished all my Flax.
    very nice!

EDIT: v2.0 released
    - Ran it for 1 hour and it's much quicker and it will only do what it's supposed to do when it's supposed to do it.
    - May for some seem too quick, if you think so and are afraid of getting banned, you're welcome to use the old version.
    Last edited by Emaziz; 03-21-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad banking worked out I will rewrite the engine to improve speed and eliminate floor bug. Since all updates really haven't been anything but bug fixes. I'll release the new version later today.

very nice!

EDIT: v2.0 released
    - Ran it for 1 hour and it's much quicker and it will only do what it's supposed to do when it's supposed to do it.
    - May for some seem too quick, if you think so and are afraid of getting banned, you're welcome to use the old version.
    - Thanks man ill be sure to try this version in a few days i think i got flagged on my mems acc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just got done with a 7 hour run.

http://img200.imageshack.us/i/proggiey.png/

link to proggie^^^

feels good. great job. 1.5m flax to go!!!
    Last edited by legoluke182; 03-21-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by legoluke182 View Post
    just got done with a 7 hour run.

http://img200.imageshack.us/i/proggiey.png/

link to proggie^^^

feels good. great job. 1.5m flax to go!!!
    1.5m worth of flax I assume? Thanks for proggy, going straight to the first post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

- You should add srl stats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

- You should add srl stats
    Done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the last update, it's having trouble finding the bank on the start up of RS, like it'll just walk towards the booth but not open bank. :\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.5m worth of flax I assume? Thanks for proggy, going straight to the first post
    i wish! nope 1.5m flax as in flax not cost. np

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It wont bank when it starts up or gets back from a break :\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grim1685 View Post
    In the last update, it's having trouble finding the bank on the start up of RS, like it'll just walk towards the booth but not open bank. :\
    Quote Originally Posted by grim1685 View Post
    It wont bank when it starts up or gets back from a break :\
    With v2.0 in general or v2.1? I didn't change anything at v2.1 so nothing should be wrong. What do you mean on the start up on RS? Does it work after a few seconds?

EDIT: I'm spinning 20k flax now, so far it seems flawless. Banks really quick, just like it should
    Last edited by Emaziz; 03-23-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

With v2.0 in general or v2.1? I didn't change anything at v2.1 so nothing should be wrong. What do you mean on the start up on RS? Does it work after a few seconds?

EDIT: I'm spinning 20k flax now, so far it seems flawless. Banks really quick, just like it should
    EDIT2: It's been running for 3 hours 20 min now with 1k flax/hour, that means there aren't any issues at all. It has been breaking 3 times and it is still running perfectly. I did notice that it may not always log out when breaking because bank screen is still open. It is possible that you have been unlucky and the script messed up when it thought it was logged out. I'm not sure.

To be sure it's working correctly I have fixed it. Uploading v2.2 now.

EDIT3: Oi, way to press the quote button instead of edit button
    Last edited by Emaziz; 03-23-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information