Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Bot Busting - Taking Action!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default "Bot Busting - Taking Action!"

I semi-regular the Rants forums on RS, and just noticed this sticky. Not sure how old it is, I just know it's fairly new.

http://services.runescape.com/m=foru...0,241,62642440

Too much to copy/paste and all of it is pretty significant.

Are these "events" f2p or p2p or both? Have any of you seen a or even attended one of these events?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

I lol'ed at the part where people who spend money get stat/ bank roll back to before they started botting. I know it's nothing new, but still
    <TViYH> i had a dream about you again awkwardsaw
    Malachi 2:3

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

That thread was posted at: 07-Apr-2011 22:39:42

That thread is absolutely right.. Bot busting just happened like 1-2 hrs ago.. I watched multiple worlds of bots go down at sorceress garden.. (im 88 theiving now.. going for herblore atm)

Mod Cocoa's clan is running around f***ing up shit.. And im 100% serious.. I was lucky enough to be there and respond when they asked me questions.. I ask what theyre doing and Princess Rae replies: "Join the fun. Join clanchat Mod Cocoa"

Theyre being serious.. At karamja, all the fishing bots got screwed and at sorceress garden.. I havent seen any others though but be on the look out..

I havent botted for the rest of the day after i saw that :S
    Just gotta babysit my shit cuz im goin for 99 herb by tomorrow.
    Last edited by Brandon; 04-08-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Lol... WOW

Edit: The comments are hilarious...
    "Logic never changes, just the syntax" - Kyle Undefined?

Remember, The Edit Button Is There For A Reason!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ggzz View Post
    That thread was posted at: 07-Apr-2011 22:39:42

That thread is absolutely right.. Bot busting just happened like 1-2 hrs ago.. I watched multiple worlds of bots go down at sorceress garden.. (im 88 theiving now.. going for herblore atm)

Mod Cocoa's clan is running around f***ing up shit.. And im 100% serious.. I was lucky enough to be there and respond when they asked me questions.. I ask what theyre doing and Princess Rae replies: "Join the fun. Join clanchat Mod Cocoa"

Theyre being serious.. At karamja, all the fishing bots got screwed and at sorceress garden.. I havent seen any others though but be on the look out..

I havent botted for the rest of the day after i saw that :S
    Just gotta babysit my shit cuz im goin for 99 herb by tomorrow.
    Hmm so they are just going around asking questions and if you don't respond you get banned? Pretty freaky, luckily all the botting I do can be done anywhere... alching ftw. Just gonna hide in some abandoned building

EDIT* Oh, also, SRL ftw as well with "Log out when mod appears" in random detection. That should really keep us safe... Atleast I hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Lol. I was about to get rid of that in one of my scripts lol. It seemed pointless until now, guess ill have to rethink that lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe this is why there are hardly ANY bots @ varrock mining ess in p2p? there used to be soooo many..
    Like 2-3 days ago there was a solid line to aubery, now there is like 3 runners?

Edit: + pure ess now sells 122 instantly O.O
    Last edited by 0UT2K1LL; 04-09-2011 at 01:09 AM.
    I’m better than you. Nah nah nuh boo boo. Stick your head in doo doo.

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/e...urses/1337.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

"The fact that people spend money on macro software and then have their accounts rolled back beyond the point at which they started cheating is a hard hit."

ROFL. I spent the past day coding, and i just completed a flawless rimmington yew chopper. It was free, is flawless (mainly), and gets me about 1m per day with 2 accs in ftp.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

The fact that the P-Mods themselves have to personally log-in and start and event in order to catch bots is to me a sign that their current bot-busting system is no good against the macro technology nowadays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks like more advanced auto-talkers may need to be developed/implemented into scripts? And at the risk of sounding repetitive i too lol'd at the rollbacks kekeke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    The fact that the P-Mods themselves have to personally log-in and start and event in order to catch bots is to me a sign that their current bot-busting system is no good against the macro technology nowadays
    +1
    Get pooped on jagex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

well im happy there getting rid of some of the annoying bots like the tree choppers and miners. im ok because i always babysit my account

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

There certainly are a bit less bots ... Too bad though, I bet half the mods bot too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

So that explains why my woodcutters were suddenly facing far less competition for a few days. Numbers are starting to increase again.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

No that was probably the new tree update they did...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Damn, I was snitchin hard core up in there, hope I got some banned
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    This is the truth.

I would rep+ you for that statement, but you were the last one I added reputation to. Remind me later and shall do so.
    Last edited by Flight; 04-09-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Not only do we heavily roll back the skill that was built using a macro, we also heavily roll back other stats.

It's funny how Jagex thinks they are winning.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TRiLeZ View Post

It's funny how Jagex thinks they are winning.
    They say it like that so the kids who don't bot are scared to because they're ignorant about botting communities.. etc

I got a few friends who are scared out of their minds even to use a color bot through their browser while they're watching it..

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

o_O I was wondering why I woke up to see that there was only like 5 people on the Karamja docks...

How exactly are they "messing up bots"? Just going "hey guys, reply or we will ban you"? Or what?

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    o_O I was wondering why I woke up to see that there was only like 5 people on the Karamja docks...

How exactly are they "messing up bots"? Just going "hey guys, reply or we will ban you"? Or what?
    Yeah I was running around with them and posting bot spots in the thread

they just go up and question everyone saying hey whats up what's your favorite skill to level .. or whatever

bammmmmmm200 people logoff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grats View Post
    They say it like that so the kids who don't bot are scared to because they're ignorant about botting communities.. etc
    Exactly. Spend some time on the RS forums. The perception of the masses is laughable.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grats View Post
    Yeah I was running around with them and posting bot spots in the thread

they just go up and question everyone saying hey whats up what's your favorite skill to level .. or whatever

bammmmmmm200 people logoff
    So if I am training legit there and don't reply (for example if my public chat is turned off) then I get banned? Wonderful system.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby Sayz View Post
    Exactly. Spend some time on the RS forums. The perception of the masses is laughable.
    I hate their forum, it is so bad... horribly made.. you have to re-login when you go to a different tab and stuff.. insanely bad.

also the organization & sticky & locations are horrid.

I was trying to video it but I started up in their clan chat really late.. then when camaro told me to start videoing no mods posted since a few minutes before that.. and.. I guess they all went to bed? or something.

So if I am training legit there and don't reply (for example if my public chat is turned off) then I get banned? Wonderful system.
    In the thread they said something about them forcing people to logoff.. so I'm not sure if it was ban or just forcing them all to logoff.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Hey I gotta point this out to u.. My chat was off when they came.. U can still see what a mod says no matter what... it still showed up thats how I managed to know someone talked cuz.. this saved me:

Simba Code:
    function SomeoneTalked: Boolean;
    begin
      if (ChatBoxTextExists(5, 'hi') or  ChatBoxTextExists(5, 'nz0r') or ChatBoxTextExists(5, 'to trade with you')
      or ChatBoxTextExists(5, 'pwn') or ChatBoxTextExists(5, 'requesting your assistance')
      or ChatBoxTextExists(5, 'assist request has been refused')) then
      begin
        PlaySound(IncludePath+'Reflection/Custom/Sounds/MorseCode.wav');
      end;
    end;

It played a sound even when chat was off... cuz chat off doesnt apply to mods.. And those were only two locations I mentioned in the previous post.. my friend said he saw some at the yews near catherby.
    There is also another sticky where they're getting a whole bunch of ppl to sign up for bot hunting and on a certain day (I think it was every month) They go around hunting bots.. If I remember what section it is, I'll post it here.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information