Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMART - Why No Agent?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ollie View Post
    JaGeX's recent blog post states using any third party client will be a bannable offence
    Just fyi, this is incorrect (they didn't state that, they've actually explicitly named unauthorized third party clients that won't get you banned) and the majority of the osrs community uses unauthorized (all third party clients are currently 'unauthorized') third party clients, primarily osbuddy, which alone has over half of the osrs community using it. So...yeah, they wont be banning "any third party client" any time soon.
    And a little bit of first-hand experience regarding osrs: I have accounts that I botted as early as the start of 07 to as late as about one year ago (when I stopped) that I botted with SMART for long periods of time and they still haven't be banned so...SMART client use alone resulting in a ban, in my opinion, does not happen.

E: If you're coming back to botting rs and would like any help/tip/etc, you should come hit up the irc (though I'm guessing you're not =p should still come anyways ) Also fixed my post up a bit ^
    Last edited by acow; 08-07-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

I still dont see this "any third party client will be a bannable offence" part.

Unauthorised third party clients which process graphics differently to the official client, in particular - HD specific clients, have an issue where they are indistinguishable from bot client. Using one will most likely result in your account being banned for botting.
    You should be asking "Does SMART process graphics differently than the official client?"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

HD Graphics maybe? I don't think anyone on Villavu bots in HD. Most just want their bot to run without eating so much CPU and resources. Minimum settings, Max brightness, etc.

Just download the official client and compare how they both draw on the canvas. I don't think SMART does anything differently in terms of graphics, but you never know until you check.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Makes sense - I must have mis-interpreted the post. Either way, its still a consideration but probably not an action to take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah third party clients some are detectable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ollie View Post
    Makes sense - I must have mis-interpreted the post. Either way, its still a consideration but probably not an action to take.
    It's difficult to say. There's very little data on people running bots without a 3rd party client so getting any idea of the difference in ban rates is almost impossible.

I'd do some testing myself but there are very few good color scripts to do an apples to apples comparison.

I'm willing to bet that Jagex can easily tell what clients are being used now, and that's why ban rates have skyrocketed compared to the past.
    My hypothesis is that anyone using the official client or OSBuddy to bot on would have almost 0 chance of being banned.
    Last edited by Her0nz; 08-13-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information