Poll: Are you for gun rights or against?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Meh I put dont care because I dont live in the US so I can care less about their guns but from an opinion.. I believe that no citizen should have a gun unless in law enforcement..

Your gun gets stolen.. then what? A crime is committed by another user with your gun.. then what?
    You and someone both own guns, you get into an argument.. and then one of u pull a gun.. the other will definitely pull too and then it matters who shoots first.. you kill him, then someone will wanna get revenge for killing their family member and kill you.. you die.. and your dad gets mad and goes and pulls his gun too..

its the cycle thats the problem.. and ignorance.. you never know when YOU will pull or when someone will pull on you.. so your always gunna have an itchy palm to pull first and say self defense..
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narcle View Post
    Dan do you live in the US? First I know quite a few "regular people" who you would never think would own a gun but in fact do. I don't really know the ration of those that own and those that don't I'd say its 50-50 due to cities where most don't own a gun. Those that own a gun don't have just one, usually they have 3 or more. Second there are gun clubs all over the place where non-police and trained forces are probably a better shot then those that are in the service.

I agree on your last point though. Guerilla warfare is very unlikely at this point in time, it would be the very last resort.
    I really doubt that its 50 50 or anywhere near that. And you may have people that are better shots when shooting targets, but shooting targets and shooting people that are shooting back at you are very different.
    SCAR Tutorials: The Form Tutorial | Types, Arrays, and Classes
    Programming Projects: NotePad | Tetris | Chess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ggzz View Post
    Meh I put dont care because I dont live in the US so I can care less about their guns but from an opinion.. I believe that no citizen should have a gun unless in law enforcement..

Your gun gets stolen.. then what? A crime is committed by another user with your gun.. then what?
    You and someone both own guns, you get into an argument.. and then one of u pull a gun.. the other will definitely pull too and then it matters who shoots first..

its the cycle thats the problem.. and ignorance.. you never know when YOU will pull or when someone will pull on you.. so your always gunna have an itchy palm to pull first and say self defense..
    I've done my senior paper over Gun Rights. I do understand that guns should be restrained in ways, but not in such a big way it violates our rights as a citizen.
    But if you want google something like "Chicago handgun ban" or something.
    Basically you can't even walk onto your own porch with a handgun.
    Murder rate with handguns jumped over 40% since it =\

I forgotten the odds, but a criminal is ALOT less willing to commit a serious crime if even the idea of anyone having a concealed weapon is on their mind. Even with a weapon themselves.
    I believe that no citizen should have a gun unless in law enforcement..
    Law enforcement in our city was designed to arrive on a call (or are supposed to) in around 3 minutes. By that time... Your dead or the crime was committed and done. Unless it was something like a hold up =P

I don't think I've seen a gun under like $100. A lot of states in the US have a "state gun safe storage law" which prevents kids and thieves from getting a hold of these. So I don't believe people just leave their guns laying around. Just saying tho =P
    Last edited by 0UT2K1LL; 05-14-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: typo
    I’m better than you. Nah nah nuh boo boo. Stick your head in doo doo.

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/e...urses/1337.png

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cardin View Post
    I really doubt that its 50 50 or anywhere near that. And you may have people that are better shots when shooting targets, but shooting targets and shooting people that are shooting back at you are very different.
    While ownership might not be 50-50 over the whole population, I bet the guns vs the populace is still 50-50. Its not hard to share a gun to someone.

Your assuming all trained officers have been in real battle.
    (Scripts outdated until I update for new SRL changes)
    AK Smelter & Crafter [SRL-Stats] - Fast Fighter [TUT] [SRL-Stats]
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ I will NOT respond. -Narcle
    Summer = me busy, won't be around much.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

I'm sure everyone knows my opinion by now, so I'm not going to mix in this debate.

Homicide rates by percentage simply are higher in the US than in countries which do not allow guns / have proper gun control. It doesn't really do anyone any good, except for the people who think guns are cool and therefore want one.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Your assuming all trained officers have been in real battle.
    no just that the chances that you have been if you're not a police person or a soldier are very small. and the chances that you have been trained to deal with those situations and have actually been in at least one is a lot higher if you are one are a lot higher. Overall not the main point i was trying to make though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

More guns more shootings. More cars (on road) more accidents. More drugs more users. I'm seeing a pattern here.
    (Scripts outdated until I update for new SRL changes)
    AK Smelter & Crafter [SRL-Stats] - Fast Fighter [TUT] [SRL-Stats]
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ I will NOT respond. -Narcle
    Summer = me busy, won't be around much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Less guns less shootings. Less cars less accidents. Less drugs less users. Point is its 95% of the time true because life happens(accidents[not murders{even though they happen too}]). Now prevention imo is a better topic.
    "Logic never changes, just the syntax" - Kyle Undefined?

Remember, The Edit Button Is There For A Reason!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

like i said before though. People don't like dying, so they're not going to run into another car and risk death to solve their problems. So cars are less so a problem in terms of more cars, but moreso on the fact that people suck at driving despite not wanting to crash into people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Strongly for. There is very little crime in my quiet area of NJ, but I enjoy target practice as a pastime.
    Interested in C# and Electrical Engineering? This might interest you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

EDIT: and with regards to people defending themselves. Unless you're a police-person who is trained to handle those types of situations, most people regardless of whether or not they know how to use a gun can easily make the situation worse in panic or just panic fire, and not end up defending themselves in reality anyway. Most often, having a gun won't help you in most situations, and afaik if someone breaks and enters and you shoot them, they can sue you, so it wont help there either.
    So Dan Cardin your saying that if I broke into your home and you shot me in self defense that I can sue you? Well I could but in my state I wouldn't win. LOL. In my state if you break and enter someone else's property and there is an immediate danger to your health or anyone else's you are infact aloud to shoot to kill. On the other hand in my state you are also aloud to shoot to wound if you are protecting your property.

I like your guy's posts there very intrigueing to here. Zyt3x I suspected that and Wizzup? I already knew your opinion from a similar thread quite a while back. I wish to limit this please to people in the U.S. Thank you.
    Still learning to code in Simba.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Death12652 View Post
    So Dan Cardin your saying that if I broke into your home and you shot me in self defense that I can sue you? Well I could but in my state I wouldn't win. LOL. In my state if you break and enter someone else's property and there is an immediate danger to your health or anyone else's you are infact aloud to shoot to kill. On the other hand in my state you are also aloud to shoot to wound if you are protecting your property.

I like your guy's posts there very intrigueing to here. Zyt3x I suspected that and Wizzup? I already knew your opinion from a similar thread quite a while back. I wish to limit this please to people in the U.S. Thank you.
    "Dead men tell no tales."
    Officer he was strangling me so i shot him in the head.
    gf law suit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

what state do you live in. I'm pretty sure unless they attack you, they can sue you and win according to the law.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

what state do you live in. I'm pretty sure unless they attack you, they can sue you and win according to the law.
    I live in PA. And it all depends.
    My friends dad hosts "parties" at his house(gambling). Someone tried to break in.
    He went to the cops and he got an okay to shoot anyone upon entry.

Pretty sure its legal to shoot if they're breaking and entering as long as the gun is licensed/hunting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's a difference between trespassing and breaking and entering. Here, in Virginia, I'm pretty sure if someone breaks down your door and comes in, you can shoot them, but if your door is open and they walk in, you can't shoot them.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

I think the dutch laws are great.

Dutch rules(Something along these lines):
    You may own a gun if you are a member from a (sport) shooting club for over 1 year, with no criminal history.

You have to keep the gun inside an safe in your house, the ammo in to another safe. Which are randomly checked by the gov.

No guns outside. You practically go to you jail for that.

No shotguns nor machine guns. They aren't needed for the sport.

So for the sport shooters this would allow them to have a weapon. But cause of all the safes, there isn't much gun theft. Almost no shooting incidents... Winning...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well he said break in and enters. Not walk in. So I thought Breaking in as in breaking down the door not some douche shooting you when the door was open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Death12652 View Post
    Well he said break in and enters. Not walk in. So I thought Breaking in as in breaking down the door not some douche shooting you when the door was open.
    I just wanted to make it clear that we were all talking about the same thing. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I clarified what I meant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For: As long as we have A LOT of tests to see if you're not an idiot.

My Scripts

Herblore: Mattie's Pooter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information