Thread: Air Conditioner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Air Conditioner

I need a good portable air CONDITIONER not cooler. My room tends to get overly hot with my computer. In fact so hot I am forced to go to my friends house who has a window air conditioner. Since I am stuck not being able to have a windowed one I wanted to ask any of you guys if you have seen any air conditioners that are portable and fit to my needs. It only needs to cool a room that's about 10' x 10'. Again I don't want a cooler or evaporator. I have one downstairs that is a portable air conditioner and keeps the whole downstairs cool but I don't need that much and that one was very expensive.
    Still learning to code in Simba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

hey man, the air conditioner in my house is always kept wayyy too high for my liking, and there's a problem with my room where it gets practically no AC so it's always 2 or 3 degrees warmer than the scorching temps my parents keep it at ha.

anyway, so a couple months back, I was in the same boat as you, looking for a portable AC unit. I ended up choosing the 7,000 BTU LG model that Home Depot has.

It works... okay.. but I need to have it on all the time for it to do anything because once I turn it off, the room heats back up again within 5-10 minutes. The unit is incredibly loud even on low, so I hate having it on. Also, there's no auto turn on setting. The air conditioner at the hotel I'm staying at right now is perfectly quiet, so it's possible to find one that isn't unreasonable loud

The install was absolutely RIDICULOUS. I couldn't imagine how difficult it would be. Luckily, my dad told me to stop and he just did it, and it's worked out fine since. There really should be an asterisk after the word "portable" because these machines are far from it. It cannot leave my windowsill, but it can move about 3 inches in any direction....

So what I'd recommend for you to do is to look everywhere and try as much as you can. Make sure you like the controls it offers, and see what people say about the loudness.

If you can't find anything good, go ahead and get the LG one as it does the job just not how I'd like it. I was looking for something around 250 $ too because these things tend to get pricey.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck!
    FORMERLY BORN2CODE | Play Internet Games
    http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2084/sigg.png

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Happens to me too, in summer, the downstairs gets cooled but the upstairs turns into a sauna. My solution?

I just go downstairs.
    Click here to find out how to get full screen without members! | Click here to check out my Ultimate Bitmap Tutorial! Edited to work with Simba! |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hope I can find one.
    Still learning to code in Simba.

Thread Information