Thread: Becoming a human

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Default Becoming a human

So the bots we write should be as close to a human as possible. But when I write a bot with reflection it easily gets progress reports from over 40 hours on a single player(my brine script). Also the newest edition of my magic tree cutter(not yet released) seems to be unable to fail.

Going on for so long isn't very human. Especially when the new anti random system from reflection 2 will come out. So I've wrote a pretty advanced timer system for very human breaks. What do you think about this, needed or not.

Could explain better what it does:
    Breaks around set times, likes 8 hour in the morning breakfast or 21 hours in the evening tv break.

I attached a work in development version to this post.

(*This is not about the timer system where the script will learn from the user)
    Last edited by masterBB; 06-15-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

That's not unlike Mutant Squirrle's breaktimer he wrote for RSCI (an old include) Sure someone can dig it up.

It did work fyi. Playing at akward timezones seems to be a parameter in banning. Mutant was never banned (So he says )
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

It would be just incredible to have 100% working random solvers, leave a script like Fawkis HLRS to train for 6 months, and find your character with 99 in all combat stats, woodcutting, firemaking, fishing and cooking and hundreds of millions of loot.
    Of course, that wouldn't happen killing lvl5 goblins but you get the idea

I once even started writing a script that randomly trains combat/mining/smithing/woodcutting in lumbridge/AK areas. Never finished it though...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marpis View Post
    It would be just incredible to have 100% working random solvers, leave a script like Fawkis HLRS to train for 6 months, and find your character with 99 in all combat stats, woodcutting, firemaking, fishing and cooking and hundreds of millions of loot.

I once even started writing a script that randomly trains combat/mining/smithing/woodcutting in lumbridge/AK areas. Never finished it though...
    Runescape sometimes get updated though. Not something we couldn't work around but still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

100% agree with you, i hope this will happen.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    Runescape sometimes get updated though. Not something we couldn't work around but still.
    I think this subject has been discussed before. MSI (in general) aims for long-term, yes? Obviously at some point someone would have thought of a way to update Smart / Runescape browser after an update. Although, I didn't hear much about it after it was brought up.

Has anyone thought of maybe doing this through Appa?

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Not aiming for that, just having fun. Many player do approach 2 mil XP atm, and I have nothing to worry about when rs gets updated. Refresh client, and there we go again.

But back on the subject: Maybe it is easier to reverse the idea, and only define when your bot may not play. This will give you more space to work with.
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WT-Fakawi View Post
    Not aiming for that, just having fun. Many player do approach 2 mil XP atm, and I have nothing to worry about when rs gets updated. Refresh client, and there we go again.

But back on the subject: Maybe it is easier to reverse the idea, and only define when your bot may not play. This will give you more space to work with.
    In my script:
    Code:
    procedure Timer_RetrieveSchedule;
    begin
      setLength(BreaksArray,16);
      BreaksArray[0] := RandomRange(1500,3600) * 1000;          //1 hour in the night ~ Running out of power
      BreaksArray[1] := RandomRange(21600,23100) * 1000;        //Takes 6 hours ~ Recharge like a boss
      BreaksArray[2] := RandomRange(28800,29500) * 1000;        //8 hour in the morning ~ the bot needs a solid breakfast
      BreaksArray[3] := RandomRange(1000,1400) * 1000;          //Takes 20 minutes ~ Enough iron for the bot
      BreaksArray[4] := RandomRange(32400,40000) * 1000;        //9-11 hour in the morning ~ toilet
      BreaksArray[5] := RandomRange(220,310)*1000;              //Takes about 4 minutes ~ dump unnecessary oil
      BreaksArray[6] := RandomRange(43100,48500) * 1000;        //13 hour in the midday ~ lunch
      BreaksArray[7] := RandomRange(600,1100) * 1000;           //Takes 15 minutes ~ toast some chips
      BreaksArray[8] := RandomRange(57600,59800) * 1000;        //16 hour in the midday ~ motherboard arrives from work
      BreaksArray[9] := RandomRange(1100,1500) * 1000;          //Takes 20 minutes ~ Discus game addiction with motherboard
      BreaksArray[10] := RandomRange(64500,65200) * 1000;       //18 hour in the midday ~ Dinner
      BreaksArray[11] := RandomRange(2500,3000) * 1000;         //Takes 50 minutes ~ Why is eating with related bots so slow?
      BreaksArray[12] := RandomRange(75400,75600) * 1000;       //21 hour in the evening ~ favorite serie on national geographic
      BreaksArray[13] := RandomRange(2700,2800) * 1000;         //Takes 45 minutes ~ Richard hammond is cool
      BreaksArray[14] := RandomRange(82600,89800) * 1000;       //23 hour in the evening ~ Got a 'hard'-drive issue
      BreaksArray[15] := RandomRange(600,750) * 1000;           //Takes 10 minutes ~ Issue solved
    end;
    Pretty much sums up when a game addicted bot can't play? It feels more human to me than those 30 min breaks I see a lot.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

So in effect you are aiming for one player? Mutant interlocked them, so one group during the daytime, and one group evenings and one during nighttime.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

So in effect you are aiming for one player? Mutant interlocked them, so one group during the daytime, and one group evenings and one during nighttime.
    Well personally my ideas of botting always involve just one character. My main. My scripts are to hard for multiple players anyway. But this system can easily applied to multiple players with multiple shifts.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Well personally my ideas of botting always involve just one character. My main. My scripts are to hard for multiple players anyway. But this system can easily applied to multiple players with multiple shifts.
    I hear you. Now all you need is a proper autoresponder and thay are not going to get you...ever!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

I had some plans for this in a bit of a different way for the "personalized" include I've talked about before. School's almost out so I'll probably work on some of that stuff.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

I hear you. Now all you need is a proper autoresponder and thay are not going to get you...ever!
    I had an idea for the autoresponder, but it required lots of work for starters, basic idea was to:
    1. Collect text from RS to database
    2. Login to control panel and add answer to the texts (if necessary)
    3. Script requests answer for the text

The server-side handles getting the best answer to the text.

But it requires some work, but if few people would weekly gather chat conversations, sort the messages, and add to the final database, it could work.

EDIT: Found the thread: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58356
    Last edited by Frement; 06-15-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

I'd be more than willing to work on that again, Frement.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    I had an idea for the autoresponder, but it required lots of work for starters, basic idea was to:
    1. Collect text from RS to database
    2. Login to control panel and add answer to the texts (if necessary)
    3. Script requests answer for the text

The server-side handles getting the best answer to the text.

But it requires some work, but if few people would weekly gather chat conversations, sort the messages, and add to the final database, it could work.

EDIT: Found the thread: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58356
    But a lot of messages aren't directed to me. For example what if someone says: Hi john, att lvl? , Then it would be strange to answer it, unless you're john.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Autoresponders are pretty tricky. Understanding who's trying to talk to who is not easy.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

The recognition part is in the script. So if someone says your nick (my nick is Frement, so someone says "remen" etc), it will trigger it, and save the nick who said that, and it will monitor those, and it will add more players to the conversation if they trigger the nick. I had some ideas but most of them are forgotten

But a lot of messages aren't directed to me. For example what if someone says: Hi john, att lvl? , Then it would be strange to answer it, unless you're john.
    Those are stripped from the database while sorting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Just an idea for a auto responder, someone could try to script if they had time.

we could input message on a textfile, then have another textfile who make scar react with appa, then enter http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/t...47a&skin=cpbot in appa. then input question, then use ocr to retreive the answer, which got tahoma as font and size 11. then write it in textfile, then write a OK sign in another who make simba react and send it in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My only idea for an autoresponder would be through the use of quick chat.

Someone says your nickname then you use quickchat to say that you've been muted and dont want to chat.

or that you dont want to chat.

A script is good if it can reply.

But better if you can make it so you don't need to reply.
    The truth finally came out...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

About the autoresponder idea. Yakman had one that built on itself (in member's section i think) and it worked pretty well, no? Someone should investigate that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

I quite often either reference people by their levels, achievement capes, general outfit, etc., which would be quite a difficult thing to work into an autoresponder..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I doubt people will try to gain your attention without mentioning your name unless there are only two of you.

get the number of players if its less than 3

wait 3 seconds incase they say wrong chat

reply saying you're not concentrating and dont want to chat.
    The truth finally came out...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomTuff View Post
    About the autoresponder idea. Yakman had one that built on itself (in member's section i think) and it worked pretty well, no? Someone should investigate that.
    It used something called a Markov Chain Bot and it was pretty.. uh.. unreliable. :P It works and sometimes is in context, but othertimes it was just... well inappropriate! The idea is valid, but we need to implement something to gather chat data and feed it into the bot so that it can properly respond better.
    Writing an SRL Member Application | [Updated] Pascal Scripting Statements
    My GitHub

Progress Report:
    13:46 <@BenLand100> <SourceCode> @BenLand100: what you have just said shows you 
                        have serious physchological problems
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE GETS IT!
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE FINALLY GETS IT!!!!1

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nava2 View Post
    The idea is valid, but we need to implement something to gather chat data and feed it into the bot so that it can properly respond better.
    But feeding the data to the bot (or in my case the database), takes time and is boring. I had the chat script running for few hours, and it already had like 10 000 lines of reading.

Thread Information