Thread: 300M To Merch/Invest. Wat Do?

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Default 300M To Merch/Invest. Wat Do?

I have 300M+ to Merch/Invest. What do I do? F2P
    Please post as specific of item/method as you can please. Preferable something you are/would be doing currently if you had the money or just something you know that works/has worked recently.

Here is something I got from another thread:
    http://villavu.com/forum/showpost.ph...22&postcount=6
    And yes I've read ChinaMan's flipping guide.
    Last edited by YoHoJo; 07-27-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

I'd be interested to hear what people have to say, since I'm in a similar boat. I've got about 170-ish to play around with.

If Jagex keeps going with the Bonus XP weekends, another one should be coming up in September. I've been considering stocking up on some resource now (like steel bars or oak planks or something) and dumping it about a week beforehand, before the mass dumps start.
    Long ago, the '90s Nicktoons lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the century turned. Only Avatar, the best of the 2000's Nicktoons, could save them. But when the channel needed it most, the show finished. Four years passed and Mike and Bryan created the new Avatar: Legend of Korra. And although the show itself is great, it has a long way to go before it can live up to The Last Airbender. But I believe Korra can save Nickelodeon.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Well think of it the laws of economy. Something that is replenish'able' will either stay the same in price or go down. But something that we have only a limited amount of will only go up in price over time.

Rares cannot be reobtained therefore they will always rise in price. I would really recommend investing in them. Pumpkins, easter eggs, disks of returning, half-wines, h'ween masks, and santa hats.

Don't be dumb like me and buy a party hat and sell it for a 13m profit and think you did wonderful...

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

13M Profit is great .
    And yeah enough though those 'law of economics' are true in theory there are lots of other variables. Game updates that make certain items more wanted, double XP weekends, you can look at pretty much ANY replenish item and the graphs aren't just a downward trend, pretty much EVER SINGLE ITEM bounces around from time to time.

I'm getting a feeling like merching/flipping mass amounts of normal/semi-high price items is better/faster than just investing in a discontinued item and waiting for a long time.

ROIT?

How long it take you to get that 13M?

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    13M Profit is great .
    And yeah enough though those 'law of economics' are true in theory there are lots of other variables. Game updates that make certain items more wanted, double XP weekends, you can look at pretty much ANY replenish item and the graphs aren't just a downward trend, pretty much EVER SINGLE ITEM bounces around from time to time.

I'm getting a feeling like merching/flipping mass amounts of normal/semi-high price items is better/faster than just investing in a discontinued item and waiting for a long time.

ROIT?

How long it take you to get that 13M?
    Merching and flipping I don't know the first thing about, I've always been an 'investor' instead. I made quite a bit of profit off h'ween masks when they were under 25m each. And a yellow partyhat I had bought for just under 55m and sold for almost 70. I probably would have kept it had I not used all of my money to buy it in the first place.

So just buy something cheap (as in a cheap rare), hide it away, and use the rest of the money for your merchants and/or flips.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

All rares are pretty high right now. Like someone said earlier since it summer it seems as if everyone wants them therefore prices are so high. I check the 180 graphs for all the masks/santa and they are at/close to their highest they've been. :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Well think of it the laws of economy. Something that is replenish'able' will either stay the same in price or go down. But something that we have only a limited amount of will only go up in price over time.

Rares cannot be reobtained therefore they will always rise in price. I would really recommend investing in them. Pumpkins, easter eggs, disks of returning, half-wines, h'ween masks, and santa hats.

Don't be dumb like me and buy a party hat and sell it for a 13m profit and think you did wonderful...
    Like YoHoJo said, sometimes something external can artificially raise or lower demand for items; even though steel bars are easily made en masse, a potential bonus XP weekend will raise demand, causing a temporary price spike; this is where investors like me would make their money. I do need to get a better feel for flipping, since that can be done without external influence.

But anyways, once I sold that third-age stuff I had, first thing I did was get a good price on a Santa :P Prices may fluctuate on rares, but in the long run they will never all-out drop due to their unobtainable nature. (Also, it's been a specific goal of mine to own a Santa pretty much since I started playing back in RSC. Mission accomplished.)
    Long ago, the '90s Nicktoons lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the century turned. Only Avatar, the best of the 2000's Nicktoons, could save them. But when the channel needed it most, the show finished. Four years passed and Mike and Bryan created the new Avatar: Legend of Korra. And although the show itself is great, it has a long way to go before it can live up to The Last Airbender. But I believe Korra can save Nickelodeon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i reckon you should buy a green h'ween mask and sell it right before Halloween like maybe a week or so. with 300m and f2p rares are the main way to make alot of money

also with the rare, you could make money of lending it.

and santa's might also work

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

yohojo, i got the best idea yet
    huge profit. Find a member that wants 99 herblore(me )
    front the money, buy grimy herbs, clean them(using mouse keys legit).
    fastest herblore exp + huge profit on certain herbs!!!
    <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Bought a purple myself, now on the long mission to keep upgrading it. Then hide it away forever once reach white. Might even go for blue.
    If I see you autoing with level 3/default clothes/crap name I WILL report you. Auto Correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vashanddou View Post
    Bought a purple myself, now on the long mission to keep upgrading it. Then hide it away forever once reach white. Might even go for blue.
    Get red and stay with it forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd stick with lower valued items, such as dfs or bandos!

Rares are higher than ever so keep away from them.
    Need any detailed advice just pm

~ Wizkid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

btw guys, he says hes f2p...

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChineseMan View Post
    btw guys, he says hes f2p...
    Oh yeah lol. I even made it BOLD.

I'm being ghetto/experimenting and I'm buying oak logs at 40ea and selling at 45ea. It's working pretty well actually.... lol.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

YoHoJo, you should give the 300M to me!

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Okay. With 50% interest for two weeks!

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Okay. With 50% interest for two weeks!
    That's manageable.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

More advice! Oak log is ok but pretty slow money overall. Any suggestions on good items right now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

More advice! Oak log is ok but pretty slow money overall. Any suggestions on good items right now?
    I had bought 100k nats for 130 gp each a few days ago, and sold them for 138 gp each the next day. They are rising so try to merch them like this, or do yews. Yews are always good.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by litoris View Post
    I had bought 100k nats for 130 gp each a few days ago, and sold them for 138 gp each the next day. They are rising so try to merch them like this, or do yews. Yews are always good.
    Yeah, basically anything you can do in bulk will bring in more cash than you realize. You could do like 100k Natures, and 100k Yews or something like that. If you're a member, do 6 different items, that way the limit doesn't hurt you as much. From my experience, it's always good to do bulk high-demand items.

Another one I used to do that got be a few mill every day was ranger boots. This was back when they were 5-6M though. I actually did quite a few treasure trail items that turned for a few 100k profit, sometimes more. Cavalier hat was another one. Usually items that people want, but cost a pretty penny. You can usually buy/sell the max every 4 hours that add up to a few mill profit per item.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Sell them and go have a delicious pizza :P

~Home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yeah lol. I even made it BOLD.

I'm being ghetto/experimenting and I'm buying oak logs at 40ea and selling at 45ea. It's working pretty well actually.... lol.
    thats flipping :P haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footballjds View Post
    yohojo, i got the best idea yet
    huge profit. Find a member that wants 99 herblore(me )
    front the money, buy grimy herbs, clean them(using mouse keys legit).
    fastest herblore exp + huge profit on certain herbs!!!
    <3
    did this turned 10m into 100m in a 2 month period
    SRL > Runescape

Quote Originally Posted by brent8900 View Post
    when i download it its a FAWG.rar how to i get it to FAWG.exe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is the account with 300m a botting account or your main? If it's a botting account I would buy rares, yes they are crashing as we speak, but as a long-term investment they are generally a safe bet.

If it's your main and you can't use the whole 300m on rares sitting in your bank I would invest in the crashing bxpw materials such as Limpwurt Roots and Wines of Zamorak. It's a real buyer's market right now as everything is crashing. (It's important to know when to sell so if you don't know what you're doing you might lose your money.)

NOTE: If you are inexperienced with investing I would suggest you start small and don't invest in crashing/climbing items. Stable items with some volatility are usually the best for beginners. After you get some experience you can start trading crashing/climbing items where the big bucks come from.

Edit. Just realized the time of the first post. Sorry for a sort-of-gravedig. Well the advice is still valid although a bit late.
    Last edited by Mr. Bottomtooth; 09-14-2011 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Gravediggah

Thread Information