Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default What The FAQ?

What the FAQ?
    by Boreas
    Updated by BraK on June 2011

If you are reading because you found it yourself and thought, 'Hey, this might be useful...', then good job.

If you are reading this because someone (your referrer) posted a link, it means they were tired of saying the same thing over and over. If the link was followed by a number, then scroll down to that answer.

Read this.
    And this.

#0 You asked, 'How can I be a Noob?', 'How can I stop being a Noob', 'Am I a Noob?', 'Why did he call me a Noob?', 'What's this talk about NoobPoints?', or you said something generally noobish

(Yea, I know, 0... but hey SIMBA counts from 0, so leave me alone! )
    Bookmark this page, refer to it before asking a question.
    Read How to Be a Noob by TooManySitUps

#1 You either asked, 'How do I start to learn scripting?' or you asked a simple question that you could answer yourself, or you posted a crappy script and your referrer thinks you should go back to basics.
    1. Get Driger's tutorial.exe http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9VLU1PU0

2. Press F1 in SCAR for help.

3. Get Janilabo's Massive SCAR Learning Package Here

4. Read through SRL and the manual.

5. Read through tuts on this site. Like this one, and this one,and this one.

#2 You asked 'What do I do for my first/second script?' or you tried writing a harder script and your referrer thinks you should try something simpler.

It doesn't really matter what the script does, it's what techniques it uses. Clicking stuff in inventory is easy. Clicking stuff in bank is a little harder but still easy. Finding stuff on the ground is harder. Walking is harder. Therefore, something that just uses inventory, like an alcher is easy. Something that withdraws and deposits but stays at the bank, like a gem cutter, is a little harder. Something that looks on the ground, like a power miner, is harder. Something that does all this plus walking, like a cutter-banker, is even harder.

Also, modding existing scripts lets you focus on certain areas, and not be overwhelmed by the whole thing. Try using different methods of doing the same thing. See which method works the best in what situations.

#3 You are having trouble with SIMBA or SRL.
    [LIST]

[*]SIMBA Sub-Forums

[*]SRL Public SVN

[*]Get Simba here.

#4 You are asking about becoming a member

There was a second link I wanted to put in this section but now I can't find it.

#5 You asked about being banned.

SIMBA is not detectable. Crappy scripts are detectable. Autoing stupidly is detectable.
    Read this sticky

STRATEGICAL INFO

#6 You asked about getting a script

Look at this LIST, before asking in the REQUEST FORUM. Lot's of good stuff in there. Don't complain. It's free. Learn to script or buy one if you want something better. Don't beg for anything. If you can't get a particular script to work, post in that thread. Nobody is required to help you though.

#7 You got a common error
    1. Out of range error/ you want to add more players How to set number of players

2. How to sort out the MSVCR71.dll error

3. Script Is Not Working For Me [ Most Common Fixes ]

4. For
      [Runtime Error] : Exception: Access violation at address 00651174 in module 'scar.exe'.
      See SETUPSRL

5. For
      [Runtime Error] : Out Of Range in line ...in script ...
      See HOW TO SET UP NUMBER OF PLAYERS

6. Randoms not working? Probably your NICK
      See Using SRL by WT-Fakawi
      Players.Nick

Nick is your screen name.Your RuneScape Name appears in yellow on the mainscreen whenever a Talking Random addresses you. This is what we continiously scan for (using FindTalk), and it is the heart of SRL AntiRandoms routines. Imagine your Player Name is 'qwertyuiop', you would typically use three or four letters from this name as Nick. So Player[0].Nick:='wer' or 'tyu' or 'iop', but NOT 'qwe', since First Letters Are Always Capitalised in RuneScape. It is absolutely vital to understand this concept, otherwise randoms wont work, and you will die or be banned pretty soon.
    Thanks to RAM for finding quote.

For anything else- <--- best ever use of that smiley!

I think that's it. I probably forgot some though. Post if I did.

Administrator's Warning:
    Any Comments or Corrections should be directed to the Original thread.

~BraK
    Last edited by BraK; 08-16-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Thread Information