SRL Positioning System
Status: Working for RS3 as of July 5th, 2014. SPS does not work for OSR.
SRL Positioning System (a.k.a. SPS) is a 100% color positioning system that allows for easy and accurate color walking. SPS was originally developed by marpis
, and has since been developed by the SRL community. The original SPS thread can be found here
, and the new SPS source can be found here
Table of Contents:
- Table of Contents
- Download and Installation
- Adding SPS to a Script
- 100% color.
- Works without SMART.
- It is very, very simple to use.
- The mathematics behind SPS can be found here.
Download & Installation:
- Close any instances of Simba you have open.
- SPS is included with the SRL updater, so if you've installed SRL, you should already have an SPS heading in your Simba. If you don't have this heading, follow this short tutorial.
- To install manually, download SPS from here, and extract it to Simba/Includes/. Make sure you rename the folder to SPS.
- Open the new SPS folder and copy the sps.dll file that's in SPS/plugins/.
- Paste that file in Simba/Plugins/.
Since SPS is hosted on GitHub, anyone can fork it, change whatever they want, and send a pull request. If you're interested in helping out, please post on this thread.
Adding SPS to a Script:
@The Mayer; has written a fantastic RS3 scripting tutorial here
. The section on SPS is "Section 6, Sub-Tutorial 1". Again, SPS does not currently work for OSR.
- marpis for the original SPS development.
- Wizzup** and mastaraymond of helping with the plugin.
- Smidqe for continually updating the world map and map pieces.
- Dgby714 for some cleaning up and plugin optimization.
- Nava2 for increasing the speed significantly.
- mika for the Dominion Tower implementation.
- Someone (please tell me who you are, I can't remember, sorry ) for the Runecrafting Altar maps.
- Hero for most of the dungeon map.
- J J and Ollybest for making SPS work at any compass angle.
I have seen SPS used in a lot of scripts and has always proven to work quite well. If you have any issues getting it to work, don't be afraid to ask.
Lastly, I want to say thank you to anyone who has contributed and to anyone who will contribute in the future. With this project, we are able to provide a reliable walking method to keep SRL 100% color.