Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SRL Positioning System (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzup? View Post
    RSync is nice yes, but you'd need a client implementation?
    Its zsync, rather than rsync. Check the link!
    Writing an SRL Member Application | [Updated] Pascal Scripting Statements
    My GitHub

Progress Report:
    13:46 <@BenLand100> <SourceCode> @BenLand100: what you have just said shows you 
                        have serious physchological problems
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE GETS IT!
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE FINALLY GETS IT!!!!1

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nava2 View Post
    Its zsync, rather than rsync. Check the link!
    http://zsync.moria.org.uk/client

Simba will need at least C headers + a library to bind against.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Wizzup?, 99% of the time only a file or two will be updated in SPS. It's only when the world map is updated that images will change. There will also be new images added once in a while (but only a few at a time).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    Wizzup?, 99% of the time only a file or two will be updated in SPS. It's only when the world map is updated that images will change. There will also be new images added once in a while (but only a few at a time).
    Uhm, how can I get SPS_PosToMM to not return (-1, -1)

Is my area (9_8) is outdated, if it is, how can I update the image my self? (9_8) is Fally East bank to the cow pen.

Edit: It isn't walking correctly so let me go about trying to fix this
    Edit2: Yeah, I tried to make another 9_8 image but about the same problem happened when I tried walking. It clicked one click a little more west than the position and didn't try to continue on the path.
    Last edited by Camaro'; 10-28-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Try using 9_7 and 9_8 as SPS areas since the bank is right on the edge of 9_8.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Genius. It worked for one click but it got the access violation error so let me do some restarts to get rid of that and I will edit my post when I get more information.

Edit: Worked great!

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Okay. I also added a link to Wolygon's SPS Pathmaker in the "Adding to a script" section in case you didn't know about it already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

That pathmaker really helps. Thanks.

Edit: PosToMM Still doesn't work.
    Last edited by Camaro'; 10-28-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks groovy, is there a 'technical' description of how this thing exactly works somewhere?

On the error note, it probably/might occur inside the Plugin.

Try changing
    Code:
    function SPS_FindMapInMapEx(out fx, fy: integer; LargeMap: T4DIntegerArray; SmallMap: T3DIntegerArray; tol: extended): integer; register;
    to
    Code:
    function SPS_FindMapInMapEx(var fx, fy: integer; LargeMap: T4DIntegerArray; SmallMap: T3DIntegerArray; tol: extended): integer; register;
    Since FPC might do some fancy stuff on the out-keyword.

Furthermore, I would suggest passing all those array's (in the plugin) as variables:
    1) There might be issues with the fact that plugins do not have 'shared' mem, like SCAR does.
    2) It makes the function faster, yay!
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

I'll look into it when I can, thanks Ray. As for a technical solution, I'll try to get one from marpis (or Nava has he's done a bit of work) as he's the one who actually wrote it. I haven't done any work inside the plugin.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll look into it when I can, thanks Ray. As for a technical solution, I'll try to get one from marpis (or Nava has he's done a bit of work) as he's the one who actually wrote it. I haven't done any work inside the plugin.
    I'm more interested in how SPS works in general.. It compares a screenshot of the minimap with the total map, or something like that?
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastaraymond View Post
    I'm more interested in how SPS works in general.. It compares a screenshot of the minimap with the total map, or something like that?
    I recently learned that it doesn't use the giant world map at all. Apparently it compares the part of the minimap seen in game to the map pieces (aka SPS Areas), and goes from there.

Now that it's being used a lot more though, we do need to figure out the Access Violation (hoping your out/var thing works), plus it behaves a little weird sometimes. For example, I've had SPS_GetMyPos work perfectly for a while, then for whatever reason it will return a point that is no where near where the player actually is, which causes the walking to fail.

I'm hoping once we can get the world map updated, it will be fixed, but even then the in game world map (that we create the pieces from) doesn't match the minimap exactly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recently learned that it doesn't use the giant world map at all. Apparently it compares the part of the minimap seen in game to the map pieces (aka SPS Areas), and goes from there.

Now that it's being used a lot more though, we do need to figure out the Access Violation (hoping your out/var thing works), plus it behaves a little weird sometimes. For example, I've had SPS_GetMyPos work perfectly for a while, then for whatever reason it will return a point that is no where near where the player actually is, which causes the walking to fail.

I'm hoping once we can get the world map updated, it will be fixed, but even then the in game world map (that we create the pieces from) doesn't match the minimap exactly.
    One could store the last locations, to see if SPS is returning any reasonable position.
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Yeah, but what would we do with that? We would just confirm that it didn't work properly, then what? Try again? That's kind of what we do now anyway. If it fails it'll try again. Thing is, once it fails MSI is set to death walk (teleport home then walk back), and it does that perfectly and continues on with the script as if nothing happened. It did that 3 times in my 2 hour cooking run. Very odd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, but what would we do with that? We would just confirm that it didn't work properly, then what? Try again? That's kind of what we do now anyway. If it fails it'll try again. Thing is, once it fails MSI is set to death walk (teleport home then walk back), and it does that perfectly and continues on with the script as if nothing happened. It did that 3 times in my 2 hour cooking run. Very odd.
    Hehe, awkward.

I made a pull-request with an updated DLL, try if it works .
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I just updated MSI and I'm getting the Access Violation problem. I didn't get this the other day tho

Oh and coh3n I was going to post the report but as it has my bots name all thee way through the report I will post it to you in a pm. Could you please change it so its just the nickname of the char and not the hole name please. I wouldn't want to have to edit the hole of the report. Unless I'm missing an option ?

Edit: Ok nvm about the report, I copied it but then copied something else, forgetting that I copied the report (closed simba by then) lol.

Anyway, I tried it few times before I went to report it. It was in Lummy after it had teled there from not finding where it was and it couldn't find that it was in Lummy either. After going to send the report, it started working lol so could not send you one. Even tho it started working, walking its way up to varrock. It got to the location and home teled again, walked back up and logged out. I'm using G.E Oaks.
    Last edited by Jakkle; 10-29-2011 at 02:53 AM.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Hehe, awkward.

I made a pull-request with an updated DLL, try if it works .
    I tested it, and I still get Acces Violation each and every time I try running MSI with SPS. I'm running Win7 64-bit by the way.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    I tested it, and I still get Acces Violation each and every time I try running MSI with SPS. I'm running Win7 64-bit by the way.
    Alright guys. If you want to fix it, try this:

Updated URL: See http://villavu.com/forum/showthread....d=1#post838779 for lazarus

Compile the SPS plugin. Compile Simba. (Not sure if you have to)
    Make sure Simba uses the new plugin. Run Simba FROM (green play thing) lazarus.
    You'll find out where it errors. Lazarus will stop executing and point you at the exact line. At least, I think it

Oh, and you cannot use SMART. It messes with the debugger.
    Last edited by Wizzup?; 10-30-2011 at 09:22 PM.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get ftp://ftp.hu.freepascal.org/pub/laza...1029-win32.exe (or if you already have FPC/lazarus, use that).

You'll find out where it errors. Lazarus will stop executing and point you at the exact line. At least, I think it

I'll do this tomorrow
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I'll do this tomorrow
    I'll do this now

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro' View Post
    I'll do this now
    Winner ;-)

EDIT: It just walked from lum to draynor without problems??
    Last edited by mastaraymond; 10-29-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I hope this helps. I could make a series of pictures of this, but I'm too lazy.

The mathematics behind SPS
    SPS takes a 100x100 (IIRC) screencapture of the minimap, handles it as a bitmap, and turns it's color content into a T3DIntegerarray. Array[0][0] represent the color content in the left-top-corner in the bitmap we just created. 100x100 bitmap has 10,000 pixels, so we don't want to analyze them all. Thus, Array[0][0] doesn't have the color content info of the pixel in the left-top-corner, but rather the color content of a 5x5 box in that corner. This way we will have an array with subarrays from [0..19][0..19] instead of [0..99][0..99].
    Now what's that "color content" in that 5x5 box, behind Array[0][0]? RGB values summed from all those 25 pixels. Red sum is Array[0][0][0], Green sum is Array[0][0][1], Blue sum is Array[0][0][2].

So now we have a T3DIntegerArray with 400 5x5 boxes' color content (remember, 100x100 bitmap -> turn into 5x5 "average"-boxes, 100/5 = 20, thus 400 5x5 boxes).
    Now the objective: We want to find a 100x100 pixels area in the world that is closest to ours in terms of color. The world is pretty huge, so we don't want to go through the whole RS surface. That's why SPS has 500x500pixels areas that you choose, from which we then begin our match hunt.

Before calculations, we need to prepare the 500x500 area image to use the same 5x5pixels box system, so we have less pixels to compare. Now we have a 500x500pixels box whose colors are also stored in a T3DIntegerArray.
    Now we start comparing our minimap boxes to those in the map. We need to determine how much difference in RedSum, GreenSum and BlueSum we accept between minimapbox and areabox. That's SPS_Tolerance, what I originally set to 0.3 meaning 30%.

Now to the calculations! We compare the boxes in our T3DIntArray "Minimap" and the other T3dInArray "Area". Lets start with the top-left-corner, which in both is index [0][0]. We see that the Minimap[0][0] has very high values for all R, G and B, as we are on a snowy area (white=255,255,255) for example. Area[0][0] has 3 very low values, as the top left of the 500x500 area bitmap has dark colors. Minimap[0][0] and Area[0][0] do not have similar values in their arrays. We don't count this as a match. We proceed to analyze the next 5x5 box, which is [0][1]. We find that the colors are quite similar, so we count that as a match!

First we match boxes Area[0..19][0..19] to the minimap, and count all matching boxes. Then we take 1 step to the right on the map. We match boxes Area[1..20][0..19] and again count matching boxes. Yes, This comparison has only 1 new row of uncompared boxes, but this is the only way I know to do this. We again take 1 step to the right and match boxes Area[2..21][0..19] and so on, until we get to the right end of the Area. Then we go back to the very left side of the are, but take 1 step down. Now we match Area[0..19][1..20], and again start going to the right. You get the idea? Everytime we find that "hey, this part here has more matches than any of the previous ones!" we remember that index and how many matches it had. In the end, we know what part had the most matches.

That's hellalotta comparison. We finally get to the very last part of the Area and have found out that the 100x100pixels part, whose TOP-LEFT-CORNER is at [3][12] has most matches. Because the boxes are 5x5pixels, we can easily figure out that the cordinates in the Area BITMAP are (3*5, 12*5), which is (15, 60). We also know where in RS surface that area is. When we know that the areas top-left-corner is located on pixel (1500, 900), we can figure out that the best matching part of that area is located at (1500+15, 900+60). Note that this isn't our own location yet! This is the location of the top-left corner of the best matching 100x100pixel area. Our OWN location, ofcourse is in the very center of that 100x100pixel area. Thus, we get our own location by adding 50pixels to both x and y axis.
    Our own location in the worldmap is then (1500+15+50, 900+60+50) = (1565, 1100).

EDIT: More tutorial! This probably has lots of same text as above.
    Understanding the plugin

Study the functions in sps.dll in this order:
    1. SPS_MakeColorBoxEx
    2. SPS_BitmapToMap
    3. SPS_ColorBoxesMatchInline
    4. SPS_FindMapInMapEx

Short clarification
    5x5 pixels = 1 ColorBox, which is a 3D integerarray containing R, G and B values of the 25 pixels inside that box.
    Since we are using 5x5 boxes, SPS has an accuracy of 5 pixels. This is why SPS_GetMyPos always returns a multiple of 5.
    For reference, 1 Reflection tile width is approximately 4 pixels.

100x100 pixels area is taken from the minimap, then made into 400 ColorBoxes (20x20 obviously).

The worldmap, or pieces of it (areas) are also made into ColorBoxes.

FindMapInMapExx
    This is the heart of SPS.

var cm has the index number of our current worldmap, as the parameter LargeMap: T4DIntegerArray is the place where we enter our used areas. Areas are, just like our gathered minimap, T3DIntegerArrays.
    The function returns an integer. The result integer is the index of LargeMap where our location is found.

SPS tries to fit our minimap to every place in the "worldmap" and everytime it counts how many matching ColorBoxes there are on that try. The one with most matches is chosen to be our supposed location in that worldmap.

Now we know that the SmallMap's center is located X pixels from the left and Y pixels from the top of the LargeMap[i]. The system of course first calculates how many boxwidths and boxheights are from the top-left-corner to the top-left-corner of SmallMap, and the conversion to pixels is done in the end of FindMapInMapExx. I also made it add 50 pixels in both width and height to return the center of SmallMap.

Understanding the use of SPS in RuneScape

As I stated earlier, SPS_Areas are made into ColorBoxes and put in an array, resulting in a 4DIntegerArray. Let's assume we use 3 areas.
    SPS_Areas := ['6_7', '6_8', '7_8'];
    All the area bitmaps in the SPS folder can be put in a grid to recreate the whole RS worldmap, just put them in an order, '0_0' being in the top-left-corner and so on.
    You'll notice that areas next to eachother have a 50 pixel overlap. Why?
    Let's go back to FindMapInMapExx and imagine your real position in the LargeMap is in some very corner. You just can't find it because LargeMap will run out, and the function would try to to match SmallMap boxes with non-existing LargeMap boxes. This can however be overcame by having a half-minimap-width overlap, 50 pixels.
    You also probably see that some map pieces are missing. That's because there are lots of useless space in the worldmap, such as black areas and sea. We delete them from the folder to save space and make it easier to find the areas you want to use.

SPS areas are 500x500 size bitmaps, so they make a 100x100 grid of ColorBoxes. That's 10,000 ColorBoxes, and we want to find the most matching place for our 400 ColorBoxes, the minimap.
    FindMapInMapExx does this and tells us that (for example) the center of our minimap is 245 pixels from the left and 375 pixels from the top of the second area bitmap, which is SPS_Areas[1], which is '6_8'.

Now we need to calculate that position in the huge worldmap. Since areas are 500x500 bitmaps with 50 pixels overlap in each side, we can calculate the cordinates of the top-left-corner of our current area, '6_8'. It's (6*400, 8*400). So this is the top-left-corner of the area where FindMapInMapExx says we are. FindMapInMapExx also tells that we are 245 pixels from the left and 375 pixels from the top of that area.

Now we can easily see, that our location in the worldmap is
    (6*400 + 245, 8*400 + 375)
    Last edited by marpis; 11-17-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Get ftp://ftp.hu.freepascal.org/pub/laza...1029-win32.exe (or if you already have FPC/lazarus, use that).

In addition, you need to enable dwarf debug information and disable splitting the debug info to another file. The dll will increase in size a lot. And that's exactly what you want.

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marpis View Post
    I hope this helps. I could make a series of pictures of this, but I'm too lazy.

The mathematics behind SPS
    SPS takes a 100x100 (IIRC) screencapture of the minimap, handles it as a bitmap, and turns it's color content into a T3DIntegerarray. Array[0][0] represent the color content in the left-top-corner in the bitmap we just created. 100x100 bitmap has 10,000 pixels, so we don't want to analyze them all. Thus, Array[0][0] doesn't have the color content info of the pixel in the left-top-corner, but rather the color content of a 5x5 box in that corner. This way we will have an array with subarrays from [0..19][0..19] instead of [0..99][0..99].
    Now what's that "color content" in that 5x5 box, behind Array[0][0]? RGB values summed from all those 25 pixels. Red sum is Array[0][0][0], Green sum is Array[0][0][1], Blue sum is Array[0][0][2].

So now we have a T3DIntegerArray with 400 5x5 boxes' color content (remember, 100x100 bitmap -> turn into 5x5 "average"-boxes, 100/5 = 20, thus 400 5x5 boxes).
    Now the objective: We want to find a 100x100 pixels area in the world that is closest to ours in terms of color. The world is pretty huge, so we don't want to go through the whole RS surface. That's why SPS has 500x500pixels areas that you choose, from which we then begin our match hunt.

Before calculations, we need to prepare the 500x500 area image to use the same 5x5pixels box system, so we have less pixels to compare. Now we have a 500x500pixels box whose colors are also stored in a T3DIntegerArray.
    Now we start comparing our minimap boxes to those in the map. We need to determine how much difference in RedSum, GreenSum and BlueSum we accept between minimapbox and areabox. That's SPS_Tolerance, what I originally set to 0.3 meaning 30%.

Now to the calculations! We compare the boxes in our T3DIntArray "Minimap" and the other T3dInArray "Area". Lets start with the top-left-corner, which in both is index [0][0]. We see that the Minimap[0][0] has very high values for all R, G and B, as we are on a snowy area (white=255,255,255) for example. Area[0][0] has 3 very low values, as the top left of the 500x500 area bitmap has dark colors. Minimap[0][0] and Area[0][0] do not have similar values in their arrays. We don't count this as a match. We proceed to analyze the next 5x5 box, which is [0][1]. We find that the colors are quite similar, so we count that as a match!

First we match boxes Area[0..19][0..19] to the minimap, and count all matching boxes. Then we take 1 step to the right on the map. We match boxes Area[1..20][0..19] and again count matching boxes. Yes, This comparison has only 1 new row of uncompared boxes, but this is the only way I know to do this. We again take 1 step to the right and match boxes Area[2..21][0..19] and so on, until we get to the right end of the Area. Then we go back to the very left side of the are, but take 1 step down. Now we match Area[0..19][1..20], and again start going to the right. You get the idea? Everytime we find that "hey, this part here has more matches than any of the previous ones!" we remember that index and how many matches it had. In the end, we know what part had the most matches.

That's hellalotta comparison. We finally get to the very last part of the Area and have found out that the 100x100pixels part, whose TOP-LEFT-CORNER is at [3][12] has most matches. Because the boxes are 5x5pixels, we can easily figure out that the cordinates in the Area BITMAP are (3*5, 12*5), which is (15, 60). We also know where in RS surface that area is. When we know that the areas top-left-corner is located on pixel (1500, 900), we can figure out that the best matching part of that area is located at (1500+15, 900+60). Note that this isn't our own location yet! This is the location of the top-left corner of the best matching 100x100pixel area. Our OWN location, ofcourse is in the very center of that 100x100pixel area. Thus, we get our own location by adding 50pixels to both x and y axis.
    Our own location in the worldmap is then (1500+15+50, 900+60+50) = (1565, 1100).
    Ah, that makes sense! Could you post the link to this post on the front-page, Coh3n?

I tried debugging it, but it wouldn't error on my during mining @ lumby west.
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Raymond, try run it while your doing VEM. Also try run more then one Simba it's more then likely gonna happen.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information