Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SRL Positioning System (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Rimmingot mines - Port Sarim deposit box is broken for me. It reaches deposit box, then clicks one step north and tries to find the box - then teles to lumby.

~Eerik.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingarabian View Post
    Raymond, try run it while your doing VEM. Also try run more then one Simba it's more then likely gonna happen.
    Will report later tonight!
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Is there any confirmed banking scripts that MSI runs accurately with SPS? I tried running the G.E Yews and it worked for about 5 mins and then ended up straying away from the Yews and getting lost. I gave up trying to test other scripts cause 9 out of 10 times I get the Access Violation Errors with SPS. Aswell as it doesn't seem to be able to deathwalk so I had to manually move all the accounts there.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Get Lazarus+FPC here: http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lazarus/

The one "Lazarus fixes + fpc 2.4.4 win32"

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzup? View Post
    Get Lazarus+FPC here: http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lazarus/

The one "Lazarus fixes + fpc 2.4.4 win32"
    Who is this post in reference to? Either way I'll D/L and see what happens lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ry0240 View Post
    who is this post in reference to? Either way i'll d/l and see what happens lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzup? View Post
    alright guys. If you want to fix it, try this:

Updated url: See http://villavu.com/forum/showthread....d=1#post838779 for lazarus

compile the sps plugin. Compile simba. (not sure if you have to)
    make sure simba uses the new plugin. Run simba from (green play thing) lazarus.
    You'll find out where it errors. Lazarus will stop executing and point you at the exact line. At least, i think it

oh, and you cannot use smart. It messes with the debugger.
    ^mts
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Was trying to debug VEM, but I could not get it MSI to work.. It would just keep clicking the invetory gametab, SRL broken?
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastaraymond View Post
    Was trying to debug VEM, but I could not get it MSI to work.. It would just keep clicking the invetory gametab, SRL broken?
    Your not in safe mode. Hold 'S' while Runescape is loading. After that goes into your graphics menu and make sure Safe mode is toggled.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkle View Post
    I just updated MSI and I'm getting the Access Violation problem. I didn't get this the other day tho

Oh and coh3n I was going to post the report but as it has my bots name all thee way through the report I will post it to you in a pm. Could you please change it so its just the nickname of the char and not the hole name please. I wouldn't want to have to edit the hole of the report. Unless I'm missing an option ?

Edit: Ok nvm about the report, I copied it but then copied something else, forgetting that I copied the report (closed simba by then) lol.

Anyway, I tried it few times before I went to report it. It was in Lummy after it had teled there from not finding where it was and it couldn't find that it was in Lummy either. After going to send the report, it started working lol so could not send you one. Even tho it started working, walking its way up to varrock. It got to the location and home teled again, walked back up and logged out. I'm using G.E Oaks.
    Reports are automatically saved in Includes/MSI/Reports/. Also, your username should only appear ones on the report, so I'm not sure what you mean?

Winner ;-)

EDIT: It just walked from lum to draynor without problems??
    I've experienced some odd behaviour using it. Death walking has worked for me to Al Kharid, Draynor and VEB, so that's good.

The way MSI works is that if the player isn't at either location for a certain script (bank or mine, for example) it will try to walk to the bank or to the mine (depending on the inventory situation). If that fails, it will teleport to Lumbridge and try to death walk.

What seems to be a common issue is that for whatever reason (I'm guessing it's because of the access violation) the player's location isn't being detected, and everyone is reporting that their player is teleporting to Lumbridge and doing nothing (which makes sense because that's all they see).

The weird behaviour I'm talking about is this: I have my player starting in Falador East Bank, and I want to use the VE Miner. Obviously, the player isn't at VEB or VEM so it will try to death walk first (in case the player is already near the path). Obviously, the player isn't near the death path, but it starts walking anyway. My best guess is that SPS is finding the current minimap to be similar to the SPS areas used to walk from Lumbridge to VEB. I'm not sure if lowering the tolerance would fix this or not, though.

ALSO, I was running MSI's Cooking and it would often say it failed to walk to the range (when clearly it walked there) so it would then death walk back to the bank. I narrowed that down to some issue in SPS_GetMyPos. For whatever reason, every once in a while, the position being returned would be no where near the actual position (I think I posted that somewhere else, Raymond).

Ah, that makes sense! Could you post the link to this post on the front-page, Coh3n?
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenzeyez1 View Post
    Rimmingot mines - Port Sarim deposit box is broken for me. It reaches deposit box, then clicks one step north and tries to find the box - then teles to lumby.

~Eerik.
    Rimmington mine was working fine for me last week. This could be the same thing I said above also.

Quote Originally Posted by ry0240 View Post
    Is there any confirmed banking scripts that MSI runs accurately with SPS? I tried running the G.E Yews and it worked for about 5 mins and then ended up straying away from the Yews and getting lost. I gave up trying to test other scripts cause 9 out of 10 times I get the Access Violation Errors with SPS. Aswell as it doesn't seem to be able to deathwalk so I had to manually move all the accounts there.
    I've used Lumby Swamp west miner, Rimmington miner and the crafting guild miner. I'm not sure what other people have used. Oh, I've also used the cooker.

I still think the map SPS is using is a little outdated and a new one has to be made. I'll be working on a program to automatically create the map this week; hopefully it goes well.

Overall, I think SPS just needs to be made more precise so that if, for example, if you want to walk from VEB to VEM and you're standing in Falador, it won't start walking. I think a better map will help with this, and maybe lowering the tolerance as well. Maybe you guys can mess with the tolerance (even try 0?) and see what happens.

Oh, and right now, MSI uses the conversion methods for all paths (Reflection to SPS), so if we make those paths actual pixels rather than tiles, it may make walking a little more accurate.

Anyone have any luck debugging the access violation?

E: For the maps the map pieces and the minimap need to be identical (idealy). Unfortunately, the world map in the game (the map used to make the pieces) is quite a bit darker then the minimap. Here's an idea of the difference. After I did this, I put the brightness/contrast to 100% on my monitor and it made it a little closer, but still not exact.

Last edited by Coh3n; 10-31-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Please download the latest SPS version. The only file updated was sps.simba, so I've attached it to this post so you don't have to redownload everything. I changed the tolerance to 0.25 and added to the first post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n
    NOTE: By default, SPS will give a pop-up message when the Access Violation comes up and then terminate the script. If you don't want this to happen, set SPS_Continue to true somewhere in your script:
    Simba Code:
    SPS_Continue := true;
    Hopefully that will help people with the issue for now.

Can someone who gets the Access violation please test the above quote (just run MSI normally, you should receive a warning message if you get the error). I can't seem to get it, but it should work.
    Last edited by Coh3n; 10-31-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    Please download the latest SPS version. The only file updated was sps.simba, so I've attached it to this post so you don't have to redownload everything. I changed the tolerance to 0.25 and added to the first post:
    Hopefully that will help people with the issue for now.

Can someone who gets the Access violation please test the above quote (just run MSI normally, you should receive a warning message if you get the error). I can't seem to get it, but it should work.
    I'll test ina sec.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been debugging for quite a while, but I never seem to run into this access violation.. Is this 64-bit related or something??
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

I've been debugging for quite a while, but I never seem to run into this access violation.. Is this 64-bit related or something??
    Infact I am running a 64bit Windows... I can't recall if I got this error on my 32bit Xp VM yet. I'll do some extensive testing later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Yes, I'm running 64 bit aswell and get it, gonna test after the update, just a sec, will edit post.

~Eerik.

Edit: Okay, I get the excact same error as king does every single time, been trying 10 times now with restarting, no luck.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Thanks, kingarabian, and Raymond, I used to get it with my 32-bit Windows, but I actually haven't gotten it in a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://zsync.moria.org.uk/client

Simba will need at least C headers + a library to bind against.
    You don't have to, you could just build the client and run it from Simba or extensions.

It also just requires a file to be built on the web server, no extra services or modifications to the web server required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

I get it ona 64 too
    "Logic never changes, just the syntax" - Kyle Undefined?

Remember, The Edit Button Is There For A Reason!!!

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Is anyone using 32-bit getting it? Maybe it is a 64-bit issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'm on a 32 and I have never received the access violation error
    Quote Originally Posted by h_king1998 View Post
    how come it does not bank in al-kharid when i do mine 1 drop 1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

So.. it seems like its an issue of 32 vs. 64.. now the question: Why?
    Writing an SRL Member Application | [Updated] Pascal Scripting Statements
    My GitHub

Progress Report:
    13:46 <@BenLand100> <SourceCode> @BenLand100: what you have just said shows you 
                        have serious physchological problems
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE GETS IT!
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE FINALLY GETS IT!!!!1

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Alright guys. If you want to fix it, try this:

Updated URL: See http://villavu.com/forum/showthread....d=1#post838779 for lazarus

Compile the SPS plugin. Compile Simba. (Not sure if you have to)
    Make sure Simba uses the new plugin. Run Simba FROM (green play thing) lazarus.
    You'll find out where it errors. Lazarus will stop executing and point you at the exact line. At least, I think it

Oh, and you cannot use SMART. It messes with the debugger.
    I'm having trouble with this. I'm getting an unknown procedure exception. I tried moving all my includes, plugins, etc. to the Simba source folder, but nothing changed.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

is it possible for gdb to attach at time of crash at windows? we could just load external debugging symbols for simba and sps so that we can still see what's going on and we don't need to run from FPC IDE
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    is it possible for gdb to attach at time of crash at windows? we could just load external debugging symbols for simba and sps so that we can still see what's going on and we don't need to run from FPC IDE
    Or just run it directly from GDB.

Code:
    gdb.exe Simba.exe
    run
    <wait for crash>
    bt
    <other stuff>

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Remeber everyone, SPS finds the most matching place on a map! It doesn't matter if it finds 1 matching area on the minimap, it still will return that as the most matching!
    At first I wrote SPS to only return True when the best matching area has a minimum of "x" matches, but I figured that wouldn't be all that useful since SPS already needs areas to use.
    You could very easily edit the plugin to have 1 extra variable parameter: var MatchesFound: Integer; and set a minimum number of matches to qualify as a successful positioning. Bear in mind that you will most likely have problems like "it said not enough matches eventhough I'm standing in the sps_area!" and you'll have to spend time to find the best minimum. In Grand Exchange it won't find all that many matches because It's always crowded with people, but if you in the middle of nowhere it will find much more.

Ergo; SPS will answer to question "I'm somewhere in this area, where spesifically am I?" but NOT this question "am I somewhere in this area?", some area being a 500x500 SPS_Area.
    Last edited by marpis; 11-01-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information