Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What matters most when it comes to running bots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Default What matters most when it comes to running bots?

I'm looking to possibly get another computer to bot, So do you think running Simba/Smart is more CPU and RAM instensive, or is it more based on Video cards? Right now I can run 3 bots on my computer and still do some basic tasks on the computer, like surfing the net and stuff. My system is pretty old as well. It has a 1.6ghz dual core 4 gigs of ram and a 1gb video card. If I were to get another computer would I need one with a good video card? or a better CPU/RAM?

Also if you have a good computer and run alot of bots, can you state you specs/how many you run?
    Last edited by ry0240; 09-17-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Randomness/human characteristics > failsafes/stability > speed > user-friendly > bells 'n whistles.

Edit:
    Nevermind, misread, big time.
    Last edited by Flight; 09-17-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Definitely CPU/RAM. The GPU should be good enough to run RuneScape.

Flight: Please read before you respond.
    Hup Holland Hup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Randomness/human characteristics > failsafes/stability > speed > user-friendly > bells 'n whistles.

Edit:
    Nevermind, misread, big time.
    I was like WTF? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ry0240 View Post
    Ok would the GPU need to be like 6XRS? like if I'm running 6 smarts I would probably atleast need like a 512mb GPU?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

I've managed to run 6 with a 256mb 8600GT, but that was when RS was less graphics intense.
    Hup Holland Hup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nielsie95 View Post
    I've managed to run 6 with a 256mb 8600GT, but that was when RS was less graphics intense.
    What Speed CPU you have at that time?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Intel Core 2 Duo 6750, so that's 2.6 GHz. Probably 2GB memory, maybe 4. It also wasn't a very CPU intensive script. I reckon that for MSI you need something heavier. Maybe someone else has experience with running lots of scripts at once?
    Hup Holland Hup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

I'm looking at getting these parts to build a new computer, Judging from what you see. Do you think the barebones kit I want to get http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...9469&CatId=332 would run with this motherboard? http://accessories.eracks.com/product/ga-ma770t-ud3p/

I read it's possible to turn that processor in the bare bones kit from a dual core to a quad core, thats why it looks like a good deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

On your computer that you have now, what brand+model are you using for your CPU and GPU?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

I'm using an Intel Core2 Duo at 1.86ghz
    My motherboard is an Asustek P5GC--MX/1333
    My GPU is an Nvidia Geforce 9400GT 1gb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

What is your budget on this new PC that you want to build? (Most important question of them all)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sf411 View Post
    What is your budget on this new PC that you want to build? (Most important question of them all)
    Like 400 including an ok GPU.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

I'd say for something like running multiple bots, the memory is the most important thing. I have 8GB and can run around 12-15 bots without causing a huge amount of damage to other basic applications such as browsing and skype etc. CPU is less important, but I'd suggest something with multiple cores around the 2-3GHz mark. I don't really know what would cause a bottleneck because I've overclocked mine to be sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Ok, here is a list I made for you on newegg: SCREENSHOT

After rebates it will come in below 400.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'd say for something like running multiple bots, the memory is the most important thing. I have 8GB and can run around 12-15 bots without causing a huge amount of damage to other basic applications such as browsing and skype etc. CPU is less important, but I'd suggest something with multiple cores around the 2-3GHz mark. I don't really know what would cause a bottleneck because I've overclocked mine to be sure

And What Kinda CPU do you have? I have 4GB of RAM and my CPU will max out before my RAM does, I'll have 3 bots running and my cpu will be around 90% with only 2GB of ram being used.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

CPU is more important than RAM for sure. RS uses 300k MB at most of memory, so calc how much your background programs+OS use.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

That looks like a good comp for botting. Is that CPU overclockable? If not, maybe try for a q6600.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Does this CPU look like it could handle alot of bots?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103913

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Yeah it could definitely help, though the reason I did not put that on the list above is because its overkill. Since I believe would max out your RAM/GPU before the CPU. It would also make it hard to fit your budget.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

You'll want Intel if you want to run a lot more bots. AMD is great on a budget but it isn't as powerful as the higher Intels are.

Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Yeah it could definitely help, though the reason I did not put that on the list above is because its overkill. Since I believe would max out your RAM/GPU before the CPU. It would also make it hard to fit your budget.
    Ok well judging from this possible setup, what do you think would lack/maxout first? I know I said 400max but I also needed a harddrive and case, cause I dont wan't to retire my current computer just yet.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811322037
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148764
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138324
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130579
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231309
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103913
    My Printscreen doesnt work, so I had to past the Url's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Those should be fine together, but just remember(also a disclaimer) is that you get what you pay for. So do not get mad at me or the parts if the stop working not long after buying them.

I am not one to buy cheap computer parts so these parts and some brands I have never seen or heard of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I'm looking to possibly get another computer to bot, So do you think running Simba/Smart is more CPU and RAM instensive, or is it more based on Video cards? Right now I can run 3 bots on my computer and still do some basic tasks on the computer, like surfing the net and stuff. My system is pretty old as well. It has a 1.6ghz dual core 4 gigs of ram and a 1gb video card. If I were to get another computer would I need one with a good video card? or a better CPU/RAM?

Also if you have a good computer and run alot of bots, can you state you specs/how many you run?
    A GPU adds virtually nothing to SMART because it's run in safe mode.

Like 400 including an ok GPU.
    That's a little light on the budget but doable I suppose

This is a really shitty build you slapped together.

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    That looks like a good comp for botting. Is that CPU overclockable? If not, maybe try for a q6600.
    Q6600s aren't even sold anymore.

Overkill? Going from a shitty non-BE phenom to a 1100 X6 is a 50% increase in threaded performance(that's not even considering the overclock potential). Considering how cheap RAM is now ($40 for 8 GB) why would you ever consider RAM being the bottleneck in this case?

Doesn't matter though because the i7-2600k is leagues better anyway. Just threw together a AMD build for around $460 if you wanna go that route still. I don't see the point though, waste of time botting RS now.

A i7-2600k build will cost you $620 roughly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
    Overkill? Going from a shitty non-BE phenom to a 1100 X6 is a 50% increase in threaded performance(that's not even considering the overclock potential). Considering how cheap RAM is now ($40 for 8 GB) why would you ever consider RAM being the bottleneck in this case?

Doesn't matter though because the i7-2600k is leagues better anyway. Just threw together a AMD build for around $460 if you wanna go that route still. I don't see the point though, waste of time botting RS now.

A i7-2600k build will cost you $620 roughly
    Yeah I know Intels are alot better, but they're just so damn expensive And my budget turned more into 560$ after I summed everything up. versus an intel, how many more SMART's do you estimate it could run over that AMD processor?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Yeah I know Intels are alot better, but they're just so damn expensive And my budget turned more into 560$ after I summed everything up. versus an intel, how many more SMART's do you estimate it could run over that AMD processor?
    Probably 7 or 8 at most. I have a CPU like that only a bit worse to that and can currently only run 5 or so before it gets too laggy. You get what you buy - if you cheap down on an AMD which IS a good card, you WILL get less performance than a higher end Intel. I know for sure you will max out your CPU before your RAM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information