Thread: RMT and D3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default RMT and D3

This is not to start a rumor about the next release of a game that has lots of fans.

1. That is the announcement by Blizzard about the D3 release.

hxxp://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/press/pressreleases.html?id=3552229

2. A video by a man who has made a serious living in the RMT world.

hxxp://www.youtube.com/profile?user=markeedragon&annotation_id=annotation _659681&feature=iv#p/u/3/cSRQcA0OLUc

3. His view of the RMT future.

hxxp://www.youtube.com/profile?user=markeedragon&annotation_id=annotation _659681&feature=iv#p/u/0/LZJVFGnPICU

If you have made it this far then you can see there is a huge change coming with the D3 release.

Itchy scripter fingers are at the ready ....lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Nobody in developed countries are going to be making money off D3, sorry to shatter your dreams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
    Nobody in developed countries are going to be making money off D3, sorry to shatter your dreams.
    I script for the reason of learning and improving my ability to code, which compared to what I have seen thus far, can be considered "rookie" at best.

The last time I made money was busting concrete with a sledge hammer, which was 2 days ago.

I have not ever made, nor do I ever plan to make money in RMT. The fact it is being embraced by a gaming system makes it worth mentioning.

So shattering my "dream" is not even in the ball park, however a script to reduce tedious item building and resource gathering is right on target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

If you can't script for RS moderately well you're going to have a bitch of a time scripting for Diablo 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
    If you can't script for RS moderately well you're going to have a bitch of a time scripting for Diablo 3.
    The whole point of this post was to show how main stream gaming is finding a way to incorporate RMT, not my scripting abilities or lack of it, read my original post in the "hello" section, it really hasn't changed much.

I have always scripted for 1 client 1 account, my rookie status will always be that, which I don't really have a problem with.

It is the fact that I code for a single player account etc, that makes my scripting fail, when compared to what I have seen in simba and a few others. RMT is not my goal, but with a bot army, it may be the goal of others. Sharing such real world information I would call that a constructive participation in a community of coders and that is exactly what I am doing.

Now I'm going to enjoy reading more about why the "goto" statement is such a bad idea in coding....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lima Bean View Post
    Now I'm going to enjoy reading more about why the "goto" statement is such a bad idea in coding....
    Not to hijack but imo it isn't a bad idea... It saves lines of code and may be simpler to implement...
    "Logic never changes, just the syntax" - Kyle Undefined?

Remember, The Edit Button Is There For A Reason!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yago View Post
    Not to hijack but imo it isn't a bad idea... It saves lines of code and may be simpler to implement...
    http://david.tribble.com/text/goto.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i luffs yeww View Post
    So should it be used?

I'm not in a reading mood. I read the intro though....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Meh, I don't think so, but I also don't really mind if people do. I think it's good to know programming techniques even if they're far obsolete (I do think there are far better methods to use over goto, but I still know how to use it and understand it if I see it), but I don't use goto ever.

So basically, know how to use it, mostly so you understand if you see it, but use better methods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Having been formally trained in programming it was always drilled into my head "Goto = bad bad BAD. EVIL!!!" but the truth is when you are nested 3 loops deep it can be a bitch to back out gracefully without a construct like goto.

It has its uses, as long as it is not overused. With some older languages that was your only looping. You faked repeat and for loops using gotos because they didn't exist.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@All: Thank you for being part of the discussion.

@Yago: Hijack away, active discussion about programming is good for beginners and veterans. Beginners get an idea of how much there really is to programming (referring to Bixby Sayz signature) and for veterans of programming it might be like a refresher .

@i luffs yeww: Yes, understanding is the best thing for any level of coding. As for it being "obsolete" I checked documentation for Python 3.2.2., "goto" is actually part of it. I downloaded the html doc from hxxp://docs.python.org/py3k/download.html. In addition it was part of the scripting engine I wrote for before coming here. It was a running motto at a previous board,"Don't do it, you'll get the GOTO beat out of you." I learned to rewrite my semi-auto script without the goto's. That was one occasion of brain punching I accepted...lol.

Thank you for the article link.

@Bixby Sayz: Your Sig is right on the mark.

My interest in "goto" is not over or under use, it is more focused on understandable looping. Some loops actually slow down, though they may be of appropriate and "legal" (I shudder at the mention of that word) syntax. My learning is to use the best loop structure for the machine, app, and task, therefore I have to be open to spaghetti, as well as, formally structured code.

I am simply looking at the best way I can contribute to the SRL community without reinventing the wheel by giving it a new paint job, even if I am the one in the clown suit. (Beans prefer soaking in warm water).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Lol thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your welcome

Thread Information