Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: --New users (RsBuddy, PowerBot, etc.)--

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Post --New users (RsBuddy, PowerBot, etc.)--

We've all noticed a huge rate of new comers just recently joining the SRL forums, so this thread is made in the assumption most of you are from RsBuddy.

First of all, the big difference between us and every other Java bot is: "We aim to blend in". It's as simple as that. You won't see armies of accounts doing the same exact task, as fast as possible, for the most production in an amount of time. We don't work like this.

Secondly, some of you are asking isf Simba and SMART safe to use, as well as the general ban rate. Simba by itself is 100% safe to use, infact no client-loading is required, you can run Simba in a regularly loaded Runescape client, but this will take away your functionality of mouse and keyboard. You'll learn about that later. The ban rate, for color itself, is undetermined (~2%), as far as we've ever known. Scripts are written and the responsibility l lies on the script writer. We have had a very few banned from reflection scripts, but would that really surprise you?

One more key aspect to keep in mind is this community itself does not revolve around Runescape 'botting'. This is a programming and learning community first, botting community second.

Where to go now? Well you're in luck, we have the most helpful community you've ever known and probably ever will know. With this being said we have a huge number of members who will help you with anything you'd like to accomplish. Simba and the SRL include have done the hard part for you, so you have an incredible amount of resources at your fingertips; so use them.

Introduction to the SRL forums
    The "How to auto" forum section
    Newcomers guide
    Setting up for autoing
    Tutorial island (EVERYTHING you need to know about scripting)

In conclusion to this, everything you knew about Runescape botting, at this point, doesn't mean much. If you really want to be a part of the community then you're going to have to re-think everything. Above all, welcome to our community!

~Flight
    Last edited by Nava2; 11-07-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: title change -n2

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

Slightly inaccurate. The ban rate on color is "undetermined". We've had people banned in the past, although not many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senrath View Post
    Slightly inaccurate. The ban rate on color is "undetermined". We've had people banned in the past, although not many.
    I'd say 5% chance? We've had people lose a whole army before..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

I'd say it's hard to say anything definitively.. People get banned if they're unlucky, really. I've botted nearly 1-99 craft in about 100 hours nonstop and didn't get banned because I talked to people while botting (in game), and so I didn't get reported or anything (at least that's what I think kept me from not being banned, since the script had no antiban or anything, it was less than 50 lines in color). Poor practice and/or bad luck == ban. Which is why rid can say nobody using them has gotten banned using their 'technique' of botting.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i luffs yeww View Post
    I'd say it's hard to say anything definitively.. People get banned if they're unlucky, really. I've botted nearly 1-99 craft in about 100 hours nonstop and didn't get banned because I talked to people while botting (in game), and so I didn't get reported or anything (at least that's what I think kept me from not being banned, since the script had no antiban or anything, it was less than 50 lines in color). Poor practice and/or bad luck == ban. Which is why rid can say nobody using them has gotten banned using their 'technique' of botting.
    That seems to be the key factor in ban rate; chat. We've come a long way since those days at which color might have been detectable. I say it'd be a wise idea to invest some time into the cautoresponder.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    That seems to be the key factor in ban rate; chat. We've come a long way since those days at which color might have been detectable. I say it'd be a wise idea to invest some time into the cautoresponder.
    That's a good idea! Most conversations you see while training skills pretty much consist of the same basic statements. You can easily start a conversation about the level of the skill then say your turning your chat back off to talk in clan chat or something of the like, so people think your just not talking in public.

Currently: Working on Defending&Attacking in my Castle-Wars Script
    Project Rebuild: 90M/170M

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

i still think that the best way would be to have it get all text, find which text pertains to you, then when it does, send the text to irc, have a real person respond, then have the script respond with the irc text. keywords could be made for $wc_level and whatnot, and it would rely on a nice, open, community of people willing to help others.

EDIT: i believe something like this was done to break Capchas? send it to real people then the bot, inputs what the person said it was. Same basic principle.
    Last edited by Dan Cardin; 11-05-2011 at 04:15 AM.
    SCAR Tutorials: The Form Tutorial | Types, Arrays, and Classes
    Programming Projects: NotePad | Tetris | Chess

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Another difficult part about autoresponders is sometimes people will say things like "nice mage" or something when someone's wearing a mage cape to initiate a conversation, which is hard to keep track of. Also knowing that people cutting ivy tend to talk to people not cutting yews, and vice versa.

Also some will say things like "whoa, nice torva." or "dang, you rich?" if you have expensive stuff, which means knowledge of stats and items are often necessary.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cardin View Post
    i still think that the best way would be to have it get all text, find which text pertains to you, then when it does, send the text to irc, have a real person respond, then have the script respond with the irc text. keywords could be made for $wc_level and whatnot, and it would rely on a nice, open, community of people willing to help others.

EDIT: i believe something like this was done to break Capchas? send it to real people then the bot, inputs what the person said it was. Same basic principle.
    Now I like that irc idea, I didn't think about that. I wonder though, what happens if your name isn't mentioned when you're asked a question? What if the chat reads something like "Fishing level?" Maybe non-user specific questions like that could be handled within the script. We could even make a .ini database for all possible 'basic' questions asked (including mistakes, so it'd be a HUGE database) and give a random answer to that question also based on a 'response database'.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Now I like that irc idea, I didn't think about that. I wonder though, what happens if your name isn't mentioned when you're asked a question? What if the chat reads something like "Fishing level?" Maybe non-user specific questions like that could be handled within the script. We could even make a .ini database for all possible 'basic' questions asked (including mistakes, so it'd be a HUGE database) and give a random answer to that question also based on a 'response database'.
    There was a thread that had discussed all of this, and someone setup a database for people to submit text to in order to categorize all text seen in Runescape. The project never took off, I think. I will look for it.
    [10/14/13:19:03] <BenLand100> this is special relatively, just cleverly disguised with yachts

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

What flight meant is color can't get you banned.. he is correct.. unlike reflection which can be detected, client and all.. color itself can't really

leaving anything on will get you in trouble eventually, even having a fan that clicks stuff will get you in trouble. I've used color for around 7 years on my main never getting any type of warning but I talk while my bot runs its stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cardin View Post

Yea, I read that about capchas.. I'd have no problem responding to irc stuff like that, usually a simple message I handle 20+ conversations at once on the norm
    Last edited by grats; 11-05-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Nice post, Flight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Jolly Good Text Flight!
    The key of all this is: socialize, or you get report :b
    Now that irc idea seems to be great. Perhaps a poll or something would help us , having green light or not?
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Stickied until this moment passes.

Nicely done
    Writing an SRL Member Application | [Updated] Pascal Scripting Statements
    My GitHub

Progress Report:
    13:46 <@BenLand100> <SourceCode> @BenLand100: what you have just said shows you 
                        have serious physchological problems
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE GETS IT!
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE FINALLY GETS IT!!!!1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Nice guide too bad I found things out before this thread was made :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I'm of the new guys. But I used scar like 5 years ago I think. I remember it was one of the first working bots. (I used it to fight - but i've never heart of simba before)

But I was wondering does this bot support random events? (Do I have to set it up or how it works?)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wtfje View Post
    Well I'm of the new guys. But I used scar like 5 years ago I think. I remember it was one of the first working bots. (I used it to fight - but i've never heart of simba before)

But I was wondering does this bot support random events? (Do I have to set it up or how it works?)
    The SRL include handles randoms.

Check the tutorial island section of the forums and you will find everythign you need on how to set things up. OR, perhaps just read the first post of this thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NCDS View Post
    The SRL include handles randoms.

Check the tutorial island section of the forums and you will find everythign you need on how to set things up. OR, perhaps just read the first post of this thread?
    I did sir, but I couldn't find the answer to my question. Apparently I didn't search good enough. Thx anyway for the answer .

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wtfje View Post
    I did sir, but I couldn't find the answer to my question. Apparently I didn't search good enough. Thx anyway for the answer .
    I mean the links given in the post. they link you to the necessary tutorials to set things up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Scar was the first program I ever used to bot. Then I switched to rsbots and now I'm back haha . I'm glad to see this is still working .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It wasn't because of rsbuddy that went down for me to come here. People were raging that there are no bots blah blah, then I noticed that coloured bots worked. Then I instantly thought, SRL!!@@!@@!!@

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Flight I like your links they look to be very familiar somehow.

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BraK View Post
    Flight I like your links they look to be very familiar somehow.
    I have no idea what you're talking about....

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

guys RSBuddy had a talking bot feature. It was open source and it would send all nearby text to a website. The site would then use AI get a answer and make the person talk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfXBox View Post
    guys RSBuddy had a talking bot feature. It was open source and it would send all nearby text to a website. The site would then use AI get a answer and make the person talk.
    With things about daily life. like:

person A: Hey! How are you?
    AI: I'm great! Thanks for asking! How about you?
    person A: I'm good to! Just leveled Fletching!
    AI: I don't know what that means. (correct answer would be: That's great! What level are you now?)

See what I mean. We would have to re-program it for RS lines...

Something like that.
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information